The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic Upgrading needs a refresh.

Jirkik

For years we the players, grinded for our primes from relics. The grind is long but each failure we obtain traces to upgrade our relics to increase our chances of success... and yet...

We only ever upgrade them to "Radiant" or spam "Intacts" for traces.

We never use Exceptional grades or such. Cause why bother with a half upgrade? It's either all in or nothing. And in my opinion.. this needs to change.

So what I "suggest" is the fact that the two grades between intact and radiant need to be their own types of "upgrades"

So intact and radiant remain the same. Intact is no upgrades what so ever and Radiant heavily increases the chances of Silver and Gold drops.
Where as the Expectional and Flawless will get two new "Side grades" to put our traces into. Now I am not sure if the cost would be the same for these new upgrades but here's what I got on paper to suggest.

Exceptional: "Locks away 1 bronze drop oppertunity" Thus increases the chances of the other two. (Cause sometimes you just don't want a drop you got 10+ of.)

Flawless: "Locks away Silver drops, thus drastically increasing both Bronze and Gold Drops." (Now you can go all in or nothing)

This is just an "idea" for now. But maybe devs are planning to overhaul the upgrades for relics completely? I don't know. I just figured to throw my hat into the ring with this as feedback. Cause as it stands right now. All of us grind relics , then throw intacts at the wall and aya till we get enough traces to make radiant relics, then toss em into radshares to get the drop we want. 
These suggestions are "NOT" to make grinding easier at all, just different and give alternate uses for our traces then just "Radiant"

What does the community think? Has this been suggested before? Leave a comment!

- From a devout veteran.

• Like 1

it would be nice but i fear that it would cut into sales of prime frames so I don't really expect DE to do much about increasing drop chances. however I do agree the present system is pretty much redundant as I get just as many junk drop with a radiant as i do good drops with an intact. the RNG aspect is just so wild and either a player gets lucky or just grinds away without the results they hope for..

Most people know it's best to leave them alone or make them radiant for the silver or gold drop. I do still sometimes see people doing intermediate runs though.

In a vacuum, your idea is interesting, but that's extra programming and makes upgrading them too complex for most players IMHO. There's already so much for new players to learn that can overwhelm them I think it will just create unneeded confusion.

Approaching this from the more cynical angle that DE's unlikely to make the system more controllable for players...Would there be more harm than good in just getting rid of exceptional and flawless, at least as far as refinement goes?   They seem largely to be noobtraps, except as rewards in endless missions.  Presumably that's valuable, so they could still occur "naturally" in those cases, and players could still upgrade them to radiant.  But no longer create them in the relic console.

Posted (edited)

Relic chance in general needs a rework, a max rank relic is supposed to have a 20% chance to give the bronze teir drops yet I've gotten bronze from a maxed more than I've gotten the gold which has a 30% chance. That shouldn't work like that at the very last you should get silver on a maxed relic because of the 50% modifier the radiant lvl gives it but that's still kinda iffy.

Edited by Star700
  • Like 1

On 2024-05-04 at 4:55 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Approaching this from the more cynical angle that DE's unlikely to make the system more controllable for players...Would there be more harm than good in just getting rid of exceptional and flawless, at least as far as refinement goes?   They seem largely to be noobtraps, except as rewards in endless missions.  Presumably that's valuable, so they could still occur "naturally" in those cases, and players could still upgrade them to radiant.  But no longer create them in the relic console.

Could you elaborate on this please?

How are Exceptional and Flawless noob traps?

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Well, "largely a noob trap" not strictly one.   Trace cost will matter to some people more than the best chance of success per run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

There's a misconception I've seen in recruit chat and when running radshares for silvers where people think that flawless relics will give them the highest chance of the silver.  This simply isn't accurate.  Radiant relics have the highest chance of a silver reward (40%), and also the highest chance of a gold reward (10%).  Flawless has a 34% chance for the silver.  If void traces aren't a concern, it's definitively the wrong choice when trying to optimize your chances for a silver reward.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Well, "largely a noob trap" not strictly one.   Trace cost will matter to some people more than the best chance of success per run.

I see.

The onscreen difference between the drop chances of a Flawless and a Radiant Relic doesn't look like it's worth the additional 50 Traces, so that's likely the cause behind this.

8 hours ago, Star700 said:

Relic chance in general needs a rework, a max rank relic is supposed to have a 20% chance to give the bronze teir drops yet I've gotten bronze from a maxed more than I've gotten the gold which has a 30% chance. That shouldn't work like that at the very last you should get silver on a maxed relic because of the 50% modifier the radiant lvl gives it but that's still kinda iffy.

Have you been doing proper data logging with at least 1000 runs? You can't even begin to calculate meaningful statistics until you have that much data.

8 hours ago, Star700 said:

Your percentages are way off, which is why you think you're getting an inconsistent skew (even from a small data pool)

A Radiant relic has a 50% chance at common, 40% uncommon and 10% rare. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I see.

The onscreen difference between the drop chances of a Flawless and a Radiant Relic doesn't look like it's worth the additional 50 Traces, so that's likely the cause behind this.

I think exceptional would be the value for the real trace miser.  But it's hard for me to regard traces as a bottleneck compared to relics.  I've got gobs of most relics, but the time and willingness to crack them is always limited.  If I need traces, I'm running intacts for forma bps, or dipping into my huge stockpile of radiants.