Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event/context Action Dialogue For Lotus

Steeldragonz

So after the 20th time of being told the "assassination target is here" when actually im on a asteroid breaking mining equipment has happened, I was thiking that maybe we could help/save DE time with coming up with a list to new event/context action phrases for Lotus/DERebecca to record into the game.

The above is an example of something is obviously labelled wrong and needs replacing but, im sure there are other things we would like to have within the context of the game current event and actions.

So after the 20th time of being told the "assassination target is here" when actually im on a asteroid breaking mining equipment has happened, I was thiking that maybe we could help/save DE time with coming up with a list to new event/context action phrases for Lotus/DERebecca to record into the game.

the same hepends to me ...

I see a mining vehicle... Lotus says " Oh no the &#!-&#!-ination target here, wipe THEM out "

Next thing i think i about, oh what the hell ? Am i gona assassinate a VEHICLE ? And what the hell is with " THEM ", we are always killing just 1 guy and it still says THEM ~.~

I see a mining vehicle... Lotus says " Oh no the &#!-&#!-ination target here, wipe THEM out "

Next thing i think i about, oh what the hell ? Am i gona assassinate a VEHICLE ? And what the hell is with " THEM ", we are always killing just 1 guy and it still says THEM ~.~

LMAO you are right there, i don't think it would hurt to much in mb to record individual event dialog with "wipe VOR/destory the jackal/destory this equipment" etc.. lol you know what i mean

Edit: just trying to add some more umm not personaltiy but specifics to the speechs so they sound less generic.

Edited by Steeldragonz

Rebecca = Lotus = Ingame celebrity

Voice = Ok ,

Grammar = Not ok, infact bad . Especially using "THEM" when we are supposed to kill just 1 guy

Looks = Cute (not gona say other word >.>)

Speech = More or less like robotic, (advanced robo)

Would like to see more , better speechs, just like

#7 Steeldragonz said !

Or Just turn her off inside missions, we already know when enemies are coming, or when a heavy is coming or what to do ! Since it clearly shows objective in mini map, enemies appear even before she says " OMG CRAP,THEY ARE COMING RUN "(kidding) or about heavy !

Lotus just asked me destroy a VERY DANGEROUS mining vehicle !!! I think it tried to eat me D: !

There was 4 mining vehicles, 1 was VIP , 1 was to assassinate, 1 had no dialogue, 1 was to destroy very dangerous mining vehicle

Edited by Zyfe3rX

I think this discussion has been around for a little longer, and if I remember correctly someone suggested to replace the current 'callout system' system with something more informative, instead of just replacing lines with lines that make sense.

For example, make the Lotus say: "There's a group of around 10 Grineer marines, including a heavy gunner, behind this door. Be cautious.", instead of "Marines are inbound!". This is just an idea and I have no clue if the sensing capabilities of the code itself could actually do this, but this would:

A) Make the callouts less repetitive, and

B) More useful in general, and actually gives you a reason to listen to them.

Seeing from the Q&A the DEvs already know about these issues because they joked about it, the question is what way they actually want to go with this. Was it implemented to actually inform the player or was it implemented because they wanted to have some dynamic conversation going on in the game? Answer to that question makes the possible solution entirely different, so it remains to be seen what's going to happen to it.

Adding a lot of voice takes a lot of space which means more loading. And they also wanted each stage to have their own unique versions this is why they made each mention Grineer, Corpus, lifeforms. Because they they all just said "enemies" or "targers" it would be too generic.

I guess they could cut down on the mentioning of each faction a bit and with that space add a couple new things?

Adding a lot of voice takes a lot of space which means more loading.

Using a variable bitrate mp3 encoder, even at 320kbps a full minute of speech would only take up 1-2MB. That's not a lot of space, especially considering the size of some of the textures.

They should add a dialogue "You'll need to go down here." to that one room where everyone is always confused. You go into the room on a bridge, then the marker suddenly jumps behind you when it's actually under and behind you, at the bottom floor of the room.

I've asked my boss (Draice) from the volunteer translation work to ask the other guys if they can add full subtitles to everything that Lotus says. He said that he'll talk with them about it. I think it would help in this case, and probably would also appeal to the deaf gamers.

In the city, you must fight to survive. She told information to the Tenno... and the Grineer wanted in. "I don't know who this girl is, but I want her and her Tenno... DEAD!". She had one chance, and her chance was to fight back. DERebecca, "You listen to me, these are my Tenno, and I'm not going to give them up here. You've got to get out of here, they are trying to kill you. Get out. Get out." Double the action. *bang bang*. Tripple the excitement. "You've been spotted, ready your weapons." More excitement. "You've been spotted, ready your weapons. AGAIN" They didn't know who she was. "Me DERebecca, who are those men who came here, what did they want?" "Listen to me Trinity, you've got to get out of here, they're are trying to take my Tenno." *Boom!* unst unst unst. One Woman. One Solution. *Boom!* DERebecca this summer is *screams" *crash* Lotus.

Edited by Smith0rz

Adding a lot of voice takes a lot of space which means more loading. And they also wanted each stage to have their own unique versions this is why they made each mention Grineer, Corpus, lifeforms. Because they they all just said "enemies" or "targers" it would be too generic.

I guess they could cut down on the mentioning of each faction a bit and with that space add a couple new things?

To be honest, a few ten second .ogg/.wav clips takes less overhead than your average mp3 music file, so this argument is kinda silly. It would take longer to load a tile into memory than it would to load a hundred of these different voice clips.

I like aMannus' suggestion, and it wouldn't be too hard to implement, considering the game calculates how many enemies will spawn in an area coming up before you enter it. It could still be quite general, e.g.

There are a few grineer in the locker room up ahead. Nothing you can't handle.

There is a lone grineer patrolling the locker room up ahead; he should be easy to get past.

Wait a moment, Tenno. The Grineer have set up a tactical team in the locker room ahead. This could be dangerous. Proceed with caution.

There is a Corpus drone patrolling the area, be careful not to get caught in its line of sight.

There is a Crewman on patrol in the area, be wary.

There are a few Corpus in the area ahead.

Be cautious, Tenno. A squad of Corpus are armed and waiting for you in the corridor ahead.

Wait, I'm detecting a large corpus force behind this door. Remember their heads are weak against Armour Piercing rounds.

There is a charger walking around here, be careful not to get seen.

An Ancient is approaching, use caution when taking it on.

Here comes a Runner. Hide, or take it out before he sees you.

A leaper is patrolling. Make sure it doesn't see you.

A swarm of infested is approaching; Run, Tenno!

A swarm of Infested are coming your way. Prepare yourself.

Whew, you took them all out. Good job, Tenno.