Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event/context Action Dialogue For Lotus

Steeldragonz

To be honest, a few ten second .ogg/.wav clips takes less overhead than your average mp3 music file, so this argument is kinda silly. It would take longer to load a tile into memory than it would to load a hundred of these different voice clips.

But we are not just loading voice clips alone, are we?

And every bit count so unless they have free space to mess around with the replacement will need to come equal the previous stuff or else a bit more stressed is added.

Anyone noticed that recently all the cross faction additions to stages have disappeared after some new stuff was added in?

The ejecting cases cost us this!

Edited by Mak_Gohae

But we are not just loading voice clips alone, are we?

And every bit count so unless they have free space to mess around with the replacement will need to come equal the previous stuff or else a bit more stressed is added.

Anyone noticed that recently all the cross faction additions to stages have disappeared after some new stuff was added in?

The ejecting cases cost us this!

It's still a silly argument. As said before, sound files take almost no space, and it's not like they have to add 30 minutes of voice. And according to you, if something would be implemented along the lines what I explained before, what else would exactly be loaded? And if you don't realise, a lot of the lines that are in the game right now would be replaced anyway with lines that are more specific. I still think it's perfectly possible if time is available to make this, although that will depend on how DE wants to prioritize stuff right now.

@Azure_Kyte

That's some great lines which would atleast be useful for certain situations. Honestly, I was far too lazy to write more examples, so I'm glad someone took the time to actually do it. ;-)

It's still a silly argument. As said before, sound files take almost no space, and it's not like they have to add 30 minutes of voice. And according to you, if something would be implemented along the lines what I explained before, what else would exactly be loaded? And if you don't realise, a lot of the lines that are in the game right now would be replaced anyway with lines that are more specific. I still think it's perfectly possible if time is available to make this, although that will depend on how DE wants to prioritize stuff right now.

If the new lines takes as much space as the ones in place, fine, but until you specifically know how much space they have to work with it isnt "silly" to say every bit counts.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

If the case you're making is over a MB or two, you're basically saying the Grineer Asteroid levels should never have been created because their size and assets required to build them would be double if not close to triple the required RAM space that a corpus tile would use. Not to mention the CPU overhead that the moving railcarts would have used!

I don't think DE has specified whether non-actor/geometry assets are constantly in memory or simply loaded into RAM from the hard drive when required. That is another approach that would work.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

If the new lines takes as much space as the ones in place, fine, but until you specifically know how much space they have to work with it isnt "silly" to say every bit counts.

This is really ridiculous. Anyone playing Warframe can stand to load an extra 5MB of audio files. Every bit counted in the old, old days of 64kb of memory when a 60x60 table would cause a memory overflow, but this isn't then. Warframe is already using at least 570MB of memory just sitting in the lobby.

This is really ridiculous. Anyone playing Warframe can stand to load an extra 5MB of audio files. Every bit counted in the old, old days of 64kb of memory when a 60x60 table would cause a memory overflow, but this isn't then. Warframe is already using at least 570MB of memory just sitting in the lobby.

LOL i just noticed that, mines sitting at 621mb right now in lobby

LOL i just noticed that, mines sitting at 621mb right now in lobby

Not all are using gaming PCs (doesnt include me) , i still see some people complaining about fps lag !

still i think everybody has atleast 1 gb ram and 1 gb hd space rite ?

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Not all are using gaming PCs (doesnt include me) , i still see some people complaining about fps lag !

i know,i might be on a gaming pc. but its just something i hadnt looked at yet.

I'm pretty sure that most MMO's today require at least a DX9 card and a dual core CPU above 2ghz, which isn't asking a lot. And of course, i mean a dedicated graphics card, not any of those abominations that Intel shoots out of its dark sector.

I'm pretty sure that most MMO's today require at least a DX9 card and a dual core CPU above 2ghz, which isn't asking a lot. And of course, i mean a dedicated graphics card, not any of those abominations that Intel shoots out of its dark sector.

Ha! Is funny because dark sector did so poorly on 360! Is good joke!