The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player told me not to attack in a public match

user_85631

Question

So I was playing the game in a public match and this player told me not to attack. I was doing 64% damage dealt and not 100% damage dealt. I’m also helping them while they are down. So my question is now how would you respond to this situation? Would you continue attacking or not?

6 minutes ago, user_85631 said:

So I was playing the game in a public match and this player told me not to attack. I was doing 64% damage dealt and not 100% damage dealt. I’m also helping them while they are down. So my question is now how would you respond to this situation? Would you continue attacking or not?

That really depends what mode you did/do. If you were in netracells and attacked/killed things outside the circle my advise would be to listen to those that tell you to not attack. If it was/is elsewhere you shouldnt really care.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

I've got this last week on Deep Archimedea, but it wasn't to me, but to another squad member. As it was required to kill 20 enemies near the life support device, I took Khora to bring enemies near and kill them, but the two other squad members were killing them before they were inside Strangledome range, that's why our third friend asked them to stop killing "far from the life support". I don't think they've understood the message, because they didn't stop and the mission failed.

There can be many situations where killing enemies mindlessy can lead to mission failure.

Anyway, if there isn't a specific and very clear reason, you can continue to play as you want. But if there is a valid explanation, you should listen to them.

Edited by AegidiusF
  • Like 4

To @user_85631,

There a lot of good (additional) reasons beside Void_traces drops or Netra Survival tower charging said before. It can be :

• They may try to do a Challenge
  • Your AoE may blinding them (Which is a pain....)
  • They may try to just play vs you killing all Disruption boss before they even get a chance to try (that no fun...)
  • The more you kill, the stronger the enemies become which turn the game into a hell for low/middle MR.

You should ask why, like I do(1) and I advise You should not do more than 50% because lower MR need to learn do stuff by themselves a bit.

Like what can happen there  :

PS : (1) even if sometimes rhino-unicell-brain-players just respond "I KIIIIILL".

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb user_85631:

Hm. actually strange. I don't know of any situation where it makes sense. So not even achivement, nightwave stuff or whatever. So your message is full of secrets!

w=384

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, user_85631 said:

So my question is now how would you respond to this situation? Would you continue attacking or not?

I would ask: Why? Am I doing something wrong? And listen to the explanation if they provide it.

There are often places and times when killing things is not beneficial. eg.:

• in Disruption mission killing enemies between the rounds is plain stupid: they cannot drop any keys while all conduits are completed/failed and once the next round starts you will have to wait for new ones to spawn, get to you and hopfully drop the keys. I've told that to many playersm, but nobody seems to listen, hell a few try to be smartass and claim they can differentiate between killing the special key-dropping enemies and just fodder, while mowing down crowds. All you need is wait 15 seconds with killing to get 1-2 keys instantly in the next round.
  • in low level Defence Void Fissure, killing things too fast may cause you (and your team) to not accumulate enough Reactant to open your void relic before mission is complete.
  • killing enemies outside certain special zones (Netracells, EDA, Deimos Bounty) before they have a chance to reach the zone.

Do not assume you have all the information. There are always new things to learn.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 6

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Magician_NG:

I assume this is during a fissure mission.

It's bad form to merc enemy mobs before they're charged.

Once everyone is at 10 reactant (glance at your squad in the upper-right of the hud), let loose.

Hm. COULD BE!
it was probably console host? because the whole thing looks very terrible here...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, user_85631 said:

So I was playing the game in a public match and this player told me not to attack. I was doing 64% damage dealt and not 100% damage dealt. I’m also helping them while they are down. So my question is now how would you respond to this situation?

I would ask "why?" in that squad if I couldn't figure it out.

There are some situations where not killing things, or being selective about killing them, is helpful.   But occasionally other players can be overly controlling for no great reason.  Until you say what kind of mission it was and some other basic details, we can only make guesses about it.

• Like 2

I can probably think of some situations where it would be helpful to not attack so maybe just ask why as there is usually a specific reason.

2 hours ago, user_85631 said:

I was doing 64% damage dealt and not 100% damage dealt.

What is the purpose of this? Those stats are meaningless, focus on the stats in the HUD not mission status screen.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn:

Different perspective... I took that to mean there were plenty of enemies for others to kill.

Hm. So hopefully there was some SENSE behind it? Because even a monkey with a chip from Elon Musk can write nonsense in the chat?
Hopefully OP will reveal the real reason to us in the end. because that's really interesting!

2 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

They may try to do a Challenge

Riven challenge? Then go solo mode. Another challenge?

•  
  • The more you kill, the stronger the enemies become which turn the game into a hell for low/middle MR.

Is it really true? In survi I remmeber enemies' types (e.g. heavy gunner or butcher) is tied to mission timer. Do other mission types have this?

• You should ask why, like I do(1) and I advise You should not do more than 50% because lower MR need to learn do stuff by themselves a bit.

~50% rule is honestly what I do (from both sides. as damage dealer and player that don't do too much damage) unless we can fail I try to let them have at least some fun.

3 hours ago, user_85631 said:

Would you continue attacking or not?

Simple: ask "why?".

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

in Disruption mission killing enemies between the rounds is plain stupid: they cannot drop any keys while all conduits are completed/failed and once the next round starts you will have to wait for new ones to spawn, get to you and hopfully drop the keys. I've told that to many playersm, but nobody seems to listen, hell a few try to be smartass and claim they can differentiate between killing the special key-dropping enemies and just fodder, while mowing down crowds. All you need is wait 15 seconds with killing to get 1-2 keys instantly in the next round.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Do not assume you have all the information. There are always new things to learn.

MR 30 here, thanks for new thing. Well, I haven't played Disruption a lot so that may be personal issue here. Thanks nevertheless.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Is it really true? In survi I remmeber enemies' types (e.g. heavy gunner or butcher) is tied to mission timer. Do other mission types have this?

Interception has this for sure. The more you kill more eximus tend to spawn. And there goes you cc frame.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

MR 30 here, thanks for new thing. Well, I haven't played Disruption a lot so that may be personal issue here. Thanks nevertheless.

There are several other tips: grab every extra key, because they all despawn the moment the conduit of the color is activated or when the round ends. You can grab an extra key with the operator (just have to stay in operator) this technnique is also great for Alchemy because you can grab two Amphors for 1 travel time. Back in the day when you transfered back to warframe operator just dropped the key on the ground, nowdays it kinda despawns for several seconds for some reason.

• Like 2

Keep attacking. It’s too bothersome to do elsewise, and they knew what they were getting in for when they joined a random public match with randoms who will do their own thing

12 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Keep attacking. It’s too bothersome to do elsewise, and they knew what they were getting in for when they joined a random public match with randoms who will do their own thing

I am always in awe for such people hypocrisy. Others must tolerate everything that player does, but they tend to be very short fused and will often tell others to shut up/chill/stop crying when called out on their misbehaviour. Chat is a part of game, if one does not like what is written, they can feel free not to join public matches or use ignore option.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I am always in awe for such people hypocrisy. Others must tolerate everything that player does, but they tend to be very short fused and will often tell others to shut up/chill/stop crying when called out on their misbehaviour. Chat is a part of game, if one does not like what is written, they can feel free not to join public matches or use ignore option.

That’s why the suggestion to keep attacking; it’s not like anyone can stop it from happening anyways, nor should people feel like they need to stop or rein it in for others. Public is a lawless land, where those with the power to do so make the rules and control the fight to benefit themselves, while those who don’t are merely there to be an extra relic or bit of easier grind.

Ignore the complainers and do what you want, OP, they’re just jealous

Edited by Merkranire

49 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

That’s why the suggestion to keep attacking; it’s not like anyone can stop it from happening anyways, nor should people feel like they need to stop or rein it in for others. Public is a lawless land, where those with the power to do so make the rules and control the fight to benefit themselves, while those who don’t are merely there to be an extra relic or bit of easier grind.

Ignore the complainers and do what you want, OP, they’re just jealous

The lawlessness only applies aslong as atleast the objective is met. Anything else would be considered disrupting and could potentially even lead to reports if done to block the objective of the mission. Since what you sign up for is meeting the objective requirements. Lawlessness is just for everything else. Join a PuG to crack a riven? Well it is a personal objective so either do it solo or in a pre-made if you wanna be guaranteed to get it done. Wanna play a certain way, do it solo or in pre-made.

So if OP did fissures, cells or similar and effectively disrupted the objective or made it impossible to crack the relic it could be considered trolling, and if done for an exteneded amount of time without listening to the people telling him, it could lead to reports and more. Same as if some people go and fish in bounties, which would be leeching, since fishing isnt part of the bount parameters you signed up for.

• Like 4

vor 11 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

The lawlessness only applies aslong as atleast the objective is met. Anything else would be considered disrupting and could potentially even lead to reports if done to block the objective of the mission. Since what you sign up for is meeting the objective requirements. Lawlessness is just for everything else. Join a PuG to crack a riven? Well it is a personal objective so either do it solo or in a pre-made if you wanna be guaranteed to get it done. Wanna play a certain way, do it solo or in pre-made.

So if OP did fissures, cells or similar and effectively disrupted the objective or made it impossible to crack the relic it could be considered trolling, and if done for an exteneded amount of time without listening to the people telling him, it could lead to reports and more. Same as if some people go and fish in bounties, which would be leeching, since fishing isnt part of the bount parameters you signed up for.

It doesn't work at all on the planet and apparently never worked. If there is an opportunity, then it will be used. No matter whether easy mode is at the expense of others, leeching exp/resource/progress etc or just provoking negative emotions, because it is also a type of edible energy.

and I only play in publics 99.99% of the time and have experienced things there.... omg is all I'm saying...

and rules in theory only work for adults with common sense. Everyone else needs hard borders and police behind their backs. Because they don't understand human language, only physical strength.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

It doesn't work at all on the planet and apparently never worked. If there is an opportunity, then it will be used. No matter whether easy mode is at the expense of others, leeching exp/resource/progress etc or just provoking negative emotions, because it is also a type of edible energy.

and I only play in publics 99.99% of the time and have experienced things there.... omg is all I'm saying...

and rules in theory only work for adults with common sense. Everyone else needs hard borders and police behind their backs. Because they don't understand human language, only physical strength.

Humans are indeed humans and yeah it doesnt really work heh. Just saying that there are rules and regulations regarding what is acceptable regarding everything and if you see someone break those rules and you care about them, well then report them to whatever higher instance is appropriate if you think following those rules is important.

There is a reason I always answer the question "what would you do if aliens invade earth?" with "join the aliens".

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Merkranire said:

they’re just jealous

Jelous of what? Unlike some people, ordinary players do not screenshot every End Mission screen, where they did majority of the squad damage* and send it to their mom. It was not that kind of mission? Doesnt matter, it doesnt show on the End Mission screen what kind of mission it was. Mom, will not figure it out for sure. She will just reply with: My son/daughter/attack helicopter is the best! 

At least that is what I assume happens, because I consider this game a cooperation. Some do damage, others provide buffs, heals, utility, cc, do objectives etc.  I love how synergistic some random frame setups can become - often, even though majority of kills come from the carry frame, we all contribute to the result.

Spoiler

*) damage, not kills, kills obviously do not matter and are not as flashy as %dmg

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Jelous of what? Unlike some people, ordinary players do not screenshot every End Mission screen, where they did majority of the squad damage* and send it to their mom. It was not that kind of mission? Doesnt matter, it doesnt show on the End Mission screen what kind of mission it was. Mom, will not figure it out for sure. She will just reply with: My son/daughter/attack helicopter is the best! 

At least that is what I assume happens, because I consider this game a cooperation. Some do damage, others provide buffs, heals, utility, cc, do objectives etc.  I love how synergistic some random frame setups can become - often, even though majority of kills come from the carry frame, we all contribute to the result.

Reveal hidden contents

*) damage, not kills, kills obviously do not matter and are not as flashy as %dmg

Case in point, @SneakyErvin is one of those players who possibly screenshots the end of mission results. You may love weird synergies and emergent co-operation, but if you match up with someone like them and they’re hogging the game, they’re not going to stop just because you ask; the only time they would is if it’s a detriment to themselves through either leaving themselves open for reporting or they’re hurting their own chances.

These are people that need the game to force them to behave, otherwise they’ll have the mission revolve around them, and if you’re going to play public, it’s worth taking a page out of their book and sidelining the team, since people can’t really complain or ask them to chill so long as the mission gets done, even if the experience was the equivalent of watching paint dry when the original desire was to have weird synergies and co-operative gameplay (otherwise Solo is right there)