The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 6: Hotfix 35.6.1

On 2024-05-24 at 4:15 PM, Nickchill said:

MALICE MAGNETIZE BUG MALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUG

OMG this is still a thing as I had it on for like 15 minutes of a survival fissure, super annoying!  The main problem with me is that I can never tell if it is actually a functioning Magnetize or just a lingering effect.  Thanks for bringing it up again and again, lol, maybe with enough messages they will finally take care of it! 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

On 2024-05-25 at 12:15 AM, Nickchill said:

MALICE MAGNETIZE BUG MALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUGMALICE MAGNETIZE BUG

Free bump, this bug is the bane of my serpentine ears

DE can you please fix the Knell/Prime not triggering on nearly all Murmur enemies the weak spots do not trigger, only the ones with real heads the Rogue Arconaid works correctly and the Lumbering Fragment nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked back in to see if they fixed any of the real issues. Apparently not.

Makes this image even funnier:
GkIB2ei.png

You got overtaken by a 6 year old mostly singleplayer game. I guess you reap what you sow.

• Like 3

Some bugs that were already in the game or arrived in recent updates:

- The arm holding the Necramech weapon does not follow the aim in vertical movements. It used to be possible to retreat with the Necramech by giving a backward impulse while aiming, somewhat like it's possible to do with the Warframe by holding aim buttons (left-click) + moving backward (S) and pressing Shift, making the Warframe jump backward while keeping the aim in the same position, without losing sight of the enemy. Could you reintroduce (or fix) this movement in the Necramech?;
- The projectile from the secondary shot of Larkspur (including the Prime "Skin") does not explode upon colliding with enemies but does explode on collisions with walls and the like. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but the fact that the projectile from the secondary shot passes through the enemy and explodes 10km away is not very useful;
- The sound of the Morgha projectile explosion no longer works (primary shot);
- Bramma Kuva blocks the ability to run (pressing Shift) with the Warframe for almost 5 seconds right after the shot, especially with the Critical DElay mod equipped...;
- Lenz's area damage (including Prisma version) is not penetrating walls, whereas it used to happen before, so I assume it's a bug. Also, its Lower Bow is visually bugged; it remains in the "Armed" position instead of going back to the normal position. It should only go back when the bow is charging the shot and stay in that position until the shot is fired;
- Tenet Plinx's secondary shot takes longer than it should (almost three times as long) to recharge the battery after being holstered right after the secondary shot before the battery finishes charging or starts reloading, causing the reload to restart (including the reload delay of the secondary shot) if the weapon is equipped again before the reload finishes while it was holstered, taking almost three times as long to reload after that;
- Some missions that are unlocked right after completing the Isolation Vault in Deimos are bugged, with mission objectives not being able to be completed, or completed after a long time, due to bugs in enemies (enemies not appearing for example) or bugs in the mission objective itself, so I think it's worth checking to ensure that at least the basics are working.

Some improvement suggestions:

- Increase the projectile speed of the Tenet Envoy while it is being controlled, and allow mods that increase projectile speed to have effects in these conditions;
- Improve the explosive status effect, as they have done with other status effects (piercing and viral, for example) [As announced by DE, there are changes to the explosive status on the way, but until they arrive I'll keep this here];
- Allow the toggle of the firing mode using the secondary fire button on weapons like the Tenet Diplos, where the firing mode is conditioned to the aim state (aiming, secondary fire / not aiming, primary fire, and vice versa...). Many people don't use these types of weapons precisely because of this.
- And most importantly: pay more attention to fixing bugs in the game, regardless of whether they are considered "Relevant" or not, especially those that have been in the game for ages and are apparently considered not "Relevant" by you, resulting in bugs with several years of lifespan that tend to accumulate and so far there seems to be no prospect of being fixed before the turn of this century.

Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope to no longer see my Mausolon flying with my Necramech's hand separated from the arm on some occasions...

• Like 2

On 2024-05-21 at 12:10 PM, sinamanthediva said:

Yep my styptic pencil isn't helping much and  it sucks more than my Dyson!  Whatcha gonna do fill out a support ticket to say thanks for the gift, oops I guess it's the thought that counts right? My bad.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

So...consider me old school.  I remember the initial promise for rivens was that they were going to make garbage weapons viable later in the game, by virtue of boosting stats.  DE was going to balance them for power...so you didn't get a stug with crap riven stats and a Tigris Prime (at the time top tier) with insanely good ones.  This meant that of the few hundred weapons, with significant overlap for mk-1, standard, vandal, dex, and prime variants you'd need maybe 30-40 slots to have something viable for every weapon.

I then remember DE doing 1 balance pass, and leaving certain riven rolls god tier for no apparent reason, driving a black market.  They didn't care to balance, so people broke the game and expected someone to pay thousands of platinum.

I then remember DE getting a hammer dropped on them from like five directions, weaseling out of it by saying that their community was mean, and the community responding back with "it's facts...if you think it's mean to state them, then you should fix your broken crap."  I then remember everybody losing their mind, DE hammering all of the rivens to crap based upon "balance," then slowly both increasing our available weapons while balancing riven disposition based upon outcomes rather than actual mathematical balance.  By releasing everything garbage, and taking 60+ days to make it not worthless to have a riven for, DE killed most of the interest in balancing their systems without actually doing anything but what from the outside looked like apathy against making good on their original promises.

I remember all of this culminating in a game where about 90% of everything is useless (10 mod slots, 1 aura, 2 frame arcanes, etc... is actually less than 90% of the content when you really understand things), the players are always the problem when things start to die, and we're expected to believe that the switch to Regal Aya is an improvement when it's now more expensive than it used to be to buy stuff introduced a decade ago....despite being digital goods that literally do not have a shelf life.  Seriously though...Warframe and DE have had a fundamental design issue since day one with rivens.  It's impossible to make most of them viable when you have 2-3 good stats, 0-1 bad stat, the quantity of each matters, most of the stats are undesirable to modify given the steep cost, and most frustratingly trying to balance a weapon with 3 stats, crit, status, 4 elements, 6 combined elements, multiple firing types, firing rate, reload speed, magazine size....basically conceptualizing something with so many dimensions to create a relative graph of strength is impossible.  This is why most games have a few types of damage, because 4th dimensional graphs can maybe be understood...  Take Fallout for a moment.  Ballistic and energy weapons, everything else is an effect (flamethrower), and armor that resists either ballistic or energy weapons better.  

Of course almost a decade ago nobody could conceive this at DE...or they knew better...so today we've got a weapons balancing system that balances to equality of outcome rather than opportunity...and if you just felt a chill down your spine you already know why that scares the bejesus out of me.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

about NORA:

Are you planning to do a "channel change" to select a specific bp level? For certain reasons I was away for 4 years (there was no laptop that could meet the requirements of the Warframe upgrade).

and missed several episodes of NORA.