The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player to player messages/Auction House

Could we get player to player "mail"?  We can whisper other online players, but never offline players.  Would it be possible to get an in-game mail system to communicate with offline players (receivable when they log in)?  Even if online players in friends list.  I've been waiting for an ingame friend to log in for 2 days for an ephemera trade but we keep missing each other.

Along with that, maybe a Tenno auction house to post items for sell/trade?  The 2 systems could easily work together for item delivery.  It could also work for "delayed" trading items directly.  Send an item to the buyer with a designated price, they choose to pay and the item is released and plat/trade items gets sent to seller like escrow. 

• Like 8

An update to the trading system is long overdue tbh. I guess the problem of the auction house is that it requires hosting it somewhere - but the current trading system is so awful that I'm sure many people just don't engage with it at all.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I guess the problem of the auction house is that it requires hosting it somewhere - but the current trading system is so awful that I'm sure many people just don't engage with it at all.

If they somehow managed to host a chat, it should be within their possibilities to host an auction house. But I agree, the trading experience is so awful that I usually dismiss all the thoughts about trading even though it would benefit me tremendously.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, kadlis12 said:

If they somehow managed to host a chat, it should be within their possibilities to host an auction house. But I agree, the trading experience is so awful that I usually dismiss all the thoughts about trading even though it would benefit me tremendously.

Yeah same here. I think I have like 50k :platinum: worth of S#&$ in my inventory, I tried once to sell some things and made like 6k but goddamn was it an awful experience hopping into dojos, afk'ing in the orbiter between trades, laggy dojos... wth

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 4

The current trading system being awkward is pretty much the only thing propping up the plat prices on a lot of items on the market. 

You can 'fix' it with an AH, but be aware that means you're going to have to earn and sell like 3-4x more of the same item to get the same amount of plat when the market crashes. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

The current trading system being awkward is pretty much the only thing propping up the plat prices on a lot of items on the market. 

You can 'fix' it with an AH, but be aware that means you're going to have to earn and sell like 3-4x more of the same item to get the same amount of plat when the market crashes. 

Maybe , but if it is properly regulated it can be a good means of plat sinks and player retention over a longer period.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

I've bought and sold plenty of items using warframe.market. Never had any issues.

Is there a reason people are averse to using it? 

Using a third-party tool that gives you a massive advantage over the in-game possibilities? I wonder... But finding a trade partner is only the first step of the clunky experience anyway.

Edited by kadlis12

6 minutes ago, kadlis12 said:

Using a third-party tool that gives you a massive advantage over the in-game possibilities? I wonder... But finding a trade partner is only the first step of the clunky experience anyway.

I've never found it clunky. It takes a few steps, but trades are usually completed in under a minute. 

• Like 5

Any form of automated trading will do nothing good for players or DE. The convenience you'll get will be paired with an immense drop in the value of everything. Plus things becoming so cheap will just foster players who're even more intolerant of any and all grind. And the only solution would be DE fixing the price of everything which then wouldn't do a whole lot for players as everyone would be competing with everyone else making it harder to ever make a sale.

The best anyone should ever hope for is a listing system like WFmarket being put in-game while retaining every other part of the current trade system as is. And even then that being put in-game would also result in at least some drops in prices.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

I've bought and sold plenty of items using warframe.market. Never had any issues.

On a whim I finally set up my offers and sold a bunch of stuff very, very quickly. I had to set myself invisible to stop all the PMs so I could finish the trades I had already started! The reasons I never set it up before:

• Buying was enough for me and selling has never been a priority, though I apparently have over 6k in inventory just in Prime sets at today's prices
  • Don't want to have to go outside the game for basic functions
  • Don't want to trust a third party with my information (even if they're trustworthy)
  • Didn't want to have to set everything up - though the process was actually pretty nice
  • Don't want to have to update all of my unsold offers next time I feel like selling

Warframe.market is great, and it handles a buttload of trade, but it's still an external fan site doing something that really should already be ingame. The ingame trading experience being brought up to parity with what warframe.market already offers would be an excellent QoL improvement without any risk of the doom and gloom (👆) doomers like to doompost about.

• Like 2

There's a ton of players with a HUGE amount of inventory just sitting around. If the trading process was a passive system instead of an active one the supply of every market would get flooded and prices would hit the floor.

Like, it would be easier to trade things but your entire inventory would be 1/10 the fair market value they are now. At least.

• Like 5

vor 19 Stunden schrieb PaladinMaximus1:

Could we get player to player "mail"?  We can whisper other online players, but never offline players.  Would it be possible to get an in-game mail system to communicate with offline players (receivable when they log in)?  Even if online players in friends list.  I've been waiting for an ingame friend to log in for 2 days for an ephemera trade but we keep missing each other.

Along with that, maybe a Tenno auction house to post items for sell/trade?  The 2 systems could easily work together for item delivery.  It could also work for "delayed" trading items directly.  Send an item to the buyer with a designated price, they choose to pay and the item is released and plat/trade items gets sent to seller like escrow. 

There is also a problem with the players of “PSN”. I don't know how I can whisper looks in the game on PC.

I see am kinda opposite to most of the comments here. My inventory has a value of 0. Literally 0, because I am not willing to go through the process. It cannot get lower. On the other hand, I would like to spend my plat for something - but there is no way I would do it because the system is so awful.

So, you are afraid of dropping the value of your stock, I was looking forward to making some purchases. There are two sides to the problem.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

7 hours ago, trst said:

Any form of automated trading will do nothing good for players or DE. The convenience you'll get will be paired with an immense drop in the value of everything. Plus things becoming so cheap will just foster players who're even more intolerant of any and all grind. And the only solution would be DE fixing the price of everything which then wouldn't do a whole lot for players as everyone would be competing with everyone else making it harder to ever make a sale.

The best anyone should ever hope for is a listing system like WFmarket being put in-game while retaining every other part of the current trade system as is. And even then that being put in-game would also result in at least some drops in prices.

6 hours ago, stormy505 said:

There's a ton of players with a HUGE amount of inventory just sitting around. If the trading process was a passive system instead of an active one the supply of every market would get flooded and prices would hit the floor.

Like, it would be easier to trade things but your entire inventory would be 1/10 the fair market value they are now. At least.

You guys are all acting like if there was an Auction House, you could sell your 20x of each Prime Part right away ? If there was an Auction House, you'd be limited by your max trades anyway. So it would still be more interesting to sell on a player-to-player basis (where you can sell 5 items during one trade), rather than going through the Auction House where you'd be limited to MR+1 items per day (edit: or whatever the number of trades is, I'm not doing any due to the awfulness of the current process).

Like if you want to sell the Valkyr Prime Set, it'd be 4 trades.

If implemented like that, the market would not be flooded. It couldn't be.

19 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

That's unpractical as #*!%.

- List stuff

- Manually change your availability status

- Wait for people to /w you

- Ok cool, go to dojo [loading screen]

- Invite dude

- Dude goes through loading screen

- Go to trading post (keep in mind some dojos don't have the trading post right away so the guy needs to tell you where to go)

- Do the trade

- Go the Warframe.Market to indicate the thing is sold

Repeat 30 times per day. If you wanna be efficient, you can't even play the game while doing all that. Awesome experience.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

You guys are all acting like if there was an Auction House, you could sell your 20x of each Prime Part right away ? If there was an Auction House, you'd be limited by your max trades anyway. So it would still be more interesting to sell on a player-to-player basis (where you can sell 5 items during one trade), rather than going through the Auction House where you'd be limited to MR+1 items per day (edit: or whatever the number of trades is, I'm not doing any due to the awfulness of the current process).

Like if you want to sell the Valkyr Prime Set, it'd be 4 trades.

If implemented like that, the market would not be flooded. It couldn't be.

It would be flooded solely by the fact that it'd remove all the hurdles that stop players from trading in the first place and that only a tiny portion of the community ever uses up all their daily trades and an even tinier portion of those players come close to using up all their trades regularly. With an AH every single player could use up all their trades every single day in a matter of minutes.

Also an AH system is easily abused with alt accounts. Unless DE wanted to go comparing the IP/Hardware IDs of every transaction in an AH (and even then both of those are easily bypassed) or implement some invasive "anti-cheat" there's nothing stopping players from using multiple accounts to list more items per day. Then there's nothing stopping them from transferring that plat back to a main account either via gifting, dojo donations, or by buying their own overpriced items on the AH.

Plus we're talking about 30+ trades per player per day anyways. Just going off Steam Charts (which isn't counting every other platform) if we assume the average MR is 10 and only take the current 24h peak that'd be nearly 620,000 possible trades per day just from the playerbase on Steam. And even considering sets being split into multiple transactions that's still a potential for 155,000 sets to be traded per day.

The market would absolutely be flooded.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

vor 11 Stunden schrieb kadlis12:

I see am kinda opposite to most of the comments here. My inventory has a value of 0. Literally 0, because I am not willing to go through the process. It cannot get lower. On the other hand, I would like to spend my plat for something - but there is no way I would do it because the system is so awful.

So, you are afraid of dropping the value of your stock, I was looking forward to making some purchases. There are two sides to the problem.

but they go this way. hence sp circuit content etc. standard builds are absolute garbage and are usually not playable at all.
So you will probably hardly be able to do without it in the future.

I'd be quite happy to trade, if there was an asynchronous system to do it. Doesn't have to be an auction house - offline mail with plat-on-delivery options would be just fine from a user perspective.

How easy that would be to manage in the database as it is? No idea...