The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

reported

Thicondrius

Question

I took a warning for writing idiot in chat during the game, it's a week that I don't have game chat by any chance do you know how long can this thing last? just to know if after 11 years and 8200 hours of play at the first warning I have to uninstall and close account, thanks to those who will answer sensibly

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

The warframe chat mods basically have free reign to chat ban you for whatever the hell they feel like. And there's lines in the ToS explicitly stating that DE can ban you for literally any reason they feel like including no reason at all. And the chat moderators in this game are obscenely sensitive and trigger happy.

You say something even a little off-handed or the tiniest bit potentially misinterpretable and just catch a mod on a bad day, no matter how warranted or innocuous what you said was, you can say goodbye to your chat privileges for the next week or two.

Or very occasionally just get perma-banned from the game.

This is so not true. In this case, it was probably an autoban, actually. But the chat mods do have rules. How they treat you while implementing those rules can be a bit more loose if they think they can get away with it though.

The thing is, having worked in an administrative capacity for a MUD, players will go on the forums and complain, and you are not allowed to defend yourself or explain what really happened. Sometimes players will also flat out lie through their teeth, and again, you can't counter what they say, so they are generally taken at their word.

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The warframe chat mods basically have free reign to chat ban you for whatever the hell they feel like. And there's lines in the ToS explicitly stating that DE can ban you for literally any reason they feel like including no reason at all. And the chat moderators in this game are obscenely sensitive and trigger happy.

You say something even a little off-handed or the tiniest bit potentially misinterpretable and just catch a mod on a bad day, no matter how warranted or innocuous what you said was, you can say goodbye to your chat privileges for the next week or two.

Or very occasionally just get perma-banned from the game.

If any of my Admins back in the day banned someone and a support ticket was placed I'd review the logs from the game as I was the boss in charge of all Admins, and go from there, if an Admin was unjust I'd remove the ban and have a word with said Admin.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

This is so not true. In this case, it was probably an autoban, actually. But the chat mods do have rules. How they treat you while implementing those rules can be a bit more loose if they think they can get away with it though.

The thing is, having worked in an administrative capacity for a MUD, players will go on the forums and complain, and you are not allowed to defend yourself or explain what really happened. Sometimes players will also flat out lie through their teeth, and again, you can't counter what they say, so they are generally taken at their word.

Haha been there and done that over the years in the past with players telling two different stories or not the full story. 

• Like 1

On 2024-05-19 at 6:09 PM, Zakkhar said:

Nobody cares about your childhood experience. If you cant behave, you will be punished up to a point you can learn. It has nothing to do with being offended or not. We do not run around and call other people names. This is not how civilised societies work. Feel free to endure whatever you like, but treat others the best way you;d like to be treated yourself.

Yes, this is a game. I sometimes also vocalise when I get frustrated by other people behaviour. Or I just think about vocalising it. But typing it on chat is completely pointless. 

Ah so you speak for everyone even though the person I replied to felt it worthwhile to bring up such a thing? So clearly some people do care about those things. And who the hell implied I run around and misbehave and get upset if I get repremanded? No one. Also, saying "nobody cares" clearly means you do care, since you made the effort to post "nobody cares". You simply care the other way, making it a needle poking your eyes and frustrates you.

My point is, these days people get upset and hurt over anything, including the most normal use of words. Not to mention the large amount of double standards for many of those people. And people apparently also get upset over people mentioning their upbringing, to the point where they need to comment on it.

Cheers, or as we say in sweden where I'm raised, skål!

Oh noes, childhood references!

On 2024-05-20 at 4:13 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

I've known people that got banned for stupid crap.
I've seen people in region get banned for stupid crap.
There's multiple famous cases of people getting banned from this game for stupid crap with evidence. One of which even has an example of a developer doing exactly the same thing the person got banned for. which was naming their weapon something a little bit crass.
As well as several warframe partners that have made videos complaining about warframe's moderation team.

It's 100% true. It happens all the time.

Just because you worked in an administrative team on a different game and didn't have issues like that there, doesn't mean problems like this don't exist in other games.

I've personally experienced issues like this here on the forums. Posts I've made ether getting deleted or edited by a moderator without any sort of warning or flag. Meaning I didn't break any rules, they just didn't like what I had to say. It's happened to me a lot. It's always particularly funny to me when it's an edit tho. Like some moderator just has nothing better to do than to manually alter the text of people's posts they don't like. Tho I find it pretty disturbing that they even have the power to do that.

I haven't had any of that in-game, but I rarely ever use the in-game chat and when I do I'm generally pretty polite, except when someone doesn't wait for the rest of the team to use the god damn elevator.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I've known people that got banned for stupid crap.
I've seen people in region get banned for stupid crap.
There's multiple famous cases of people getting banned from this game for stupid crap with evidence. One of which even has an example of a developer doing exactly the same thing the person got banned for. which was naming their weapon something a little bit crass.
As well as several warframe partners that have made videos complaining about warframe's moderation team.

It's 100% true. It happens all the time.

Just because you worked in an administrative team on a different game and didn't have issues like that there, doesn't mean problems like this don't exist in other games.

I've personally experienced issues like this here on the forums. Posts I've made ether getting deleted or edited by a moderator without any sort of warning or flag. Meaning I didn't break any rules, they just didn't like what I had to say. It's happened to me a lot. It's always particularly funny to me when it's an edit tho. Like some moderator just has nothing better to do than to manually alter the text of people's posts they don't like. Tho I find it pretty disturbing that they even have the power to do that.

I haven't had any of that in-game, but I rarely ever use the in-game chat and when I do I'm generally pretty polite, except when someone doesn't wait for the rest of the team to use the god damn elevator.

The moderation team on the forums is different than in game. I've had to report them to support before, actually.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but that it's just highly more likely that it's players being hyperbolic or trying to rally people to their cause than it is anything else.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The moderation team on the forums is different than in game. I've had to report them to support before, actually.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but that it's just highly more likely that it's players being hyperbolic or trying to rally people to their cause than it is anything else.

Everyone on here knows the mods on here  are totally different to the mods in game, the fact of the matter is mods on here abuse their role, by deleting posts to try to paint the poster in a bad light or to remove their opinion all together even if the comment broke no rules, mods have done it before where they straight up change a comment in its entirety, they nuke posts they don’t agree with, again even if no rules where broken, the forums are far different to in game in the forums you tend to see the same people appear here, you start to see how they come across, in game you pay no attention to it because there are so many people playing the game, you actually have to go out of your way to use the forum.

yes players will/have done stupid stuff, but the point is the forums is a far tighter circle forum members tend to stay within the rules, mods 100% should be held accountable to their bs, i also had to contact support about a mod from the forum, DE don’t really go into any detail and why would they the mod speaks/acts on their behalf how bad would it look to discipline their own mouth piece.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

On 2024-05-22 at 9:27 AM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Everyone on here knows the mods on here  are totally different to the mods in game, the fact of the matter is mods on here abuse their role, by deleting posts to try to paint the poster in a bad light or to remove their opinion all together even if the comment broke no rules, mods have done it before where they straight up change a comment in its entirety, they nuke posts they don’t agree with, again even if no rules where broken, the forums are far different to in game in the forums you tend to see the same people appear here, you start to see how they come across, in game you pay no attention to it because there are so many people playing the game, you actually have to go out of your way to use the forum.

yes players will/have done stupid stuff, but the point is the forums is a far tighter circle forum members tend to stay within the rules, mods 100% should be held accountable to their bs, i also had to contact support about a mod from the forum, DE don’t really go into any detail and why would they the mod speaks/acts on their behalf how bad would it look to discipline their own mouth piece.

The person I was responding to seemed unaware of the difference based on their post. (I believe I quoted it.)

I agree with you about the forum mods. I've even had the words of my post changed before. My posts used to regularly get removed from forum threads because I can come off as abrasive, and rather than let me know they removed it, they'd just do it quietly in hopes of avoiding conflict. I also had clan ads removed because we have a survey, and they didn't want the survey linked and were discussing it briefly. I kept reposting it wondering why it wasn't getting posted correctly. Finally, letter13 DM'd me about it, which would have been nice prior to them removing it every time I posted the ad. 

And I have had at least one problem with in game mods. Before I realized it was wise to stay off region, I was arguing with a racist and a mod was pinged or something and logged on midway through the argument and started insulting me right away rather than solving the problem or figuring out who was at fault. I argued right back and didn't get banned from region or anything, so I think they realized they were wrong at some point, but being belligerent to players is probably not the best way for in game or forum mods to act, ever. 

I don't like how the forum mods behave. But I think -most- of the issues with the in game mods are probably autobans or something similar. The stupid thing about autobans is that no matter how wrong they are, support will not lift the ban. Similar to things like playing to level cap and collecting so many resources that the game bans you from trading for a week.

• Like 1