Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat

[DE]Glen

3 years later and still have these issues :( i can't join anyones game, i cant invite people, i have tried everything. it works sometimes but 90% of the time it doesn't at this point

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been playing this game for a nice 5 months without any NAT and ports problem, then after taking a break for 3 months suddenly this problem shows up.

Search all over the web to fix this problem, but none seems to able to solve it. I'll just take another break until this problem solved

Edited by Shardove

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 7:17 PM, Shardove said:

On 9/10/2016 at 0:06 AM, Alterabe said:

I just purchased a new gaming laptop and I'm firing it up today with Warframe...but now it's saying I have Strict Nat issues?!

I can play warframe on the first computer just fine with no Nat issues, but when I play it on my new computer the game suddenly thinks it cannot communicate properly. I've tried disabling the native firewalls, uPnP is enabled, I'm just at a loss here. What the heck?!

easy play warframe in your old pc forever warframe likes old pc 

Edited by 951753654852

• 2 weeks later...

How many years has it been, and all DE has done is make fixes to make suffering host migration not as bad? Why not just..oh, i dunno...FIX THE ACTUAL PROBLEM? Seriously. Sitting here in 2016, no strict nat, ports open, allowed through firewall, and yet I still can't connect to other players, but I can host fine, which would be fine if I ever got host. I've sent in a ticket. No help. Had a guide try to help, all 3 days of endless ideas didn't help. He said he'd contact some of the team, but they're conviently "out of office." This "issue" is really just...ruining the experience. 

Just.....get some dedicated game servers, DE. Really.

Sincerely, a dissapointed tenno. 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

2-3 days ago after a hotfix i got the strict nat popup. Funny thing is i could still join&host games just fine, but the popup is annoying. So i forwarded the standard ports in UDP, still got the popup, foward TCP as well for good measure - no change. My network seems fine with&without forwarding, upnp is off. How do i get rid of the message everytime i log in?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always getting the popup from the moment I started playing Warframe stating that I have related problems to Strict Nat. UPnP malfunctioning etc...but I find it to be redundant cause I still can play with other players just fine. Host and have players join, join other players's squad, invite people and vice versa, my friends can still see me online etc...So I'm not really sure which part of my network is failing here. Not complaining or anything like that just the popup can be a bit annoying.

I starting getting these issues since the outages or update last week. I've never seen this message pop up for me until now. "Strict NAT detected. UPnP malfunctioning. Please forward UDP ports 4950 & 4955..." I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or if it's DE. I seem to have no issues connecting to others, but It's just not assuring seeing this message every time I login. I added the ports to my firewall too, just be sure and i still get the message.

t2kmO.png

Edited by ZeCanadian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/11/2013 at 9:33 AM, whitehorus said:

No more players on my lan.. and my router is a Thomson TG 784..

get a new rotuer  :p

On 3/10/2013 at 2:44 PM, whitehorus said:

i've disabled the games Upnp and the routers Upnp, por forwarded the ports, and i still have NAT strict message..

I've always heard you want Upnp enabled for gaming. I've been told it helps fix NAT issues. That may be different for warframe, but back in my call of duty days I remember enabling upnp and making sure my ports were forwarded. I think I even ended up making static ip addresses and everything. I don't know much about networking but I tend to be a whiz with comptuers and figure it out quite easily.. On that note- Maybe try enabling Upnp and forwarding the ports listed above-also check your firewalls to make sure they're not blocking those ports or warframe itself. I've heard upnp comes with security issues but I've ran it for 10 years and never had a pc bluescreen on me lmao. Anyways that would be my advice-other then that I'd say check your pc itself. Defrag, delete old junk folders, clear your cache, make sure you dont have anything running in the background or on startup that may be detrimental (Ie steam starting on pc startup) Itunes will F*** your computer in the butt I'd uninstal that too. Go through your control panels list of programs and delete stuff you dont use. Clearing space on an older pc may help it be more stable and put more into running warframe smoothly. Again I'm not a professional just an avid gamer but this is what I would do.

Edited by AnnndGone

On 1/14/2017 at 5:56 PM, CancerMeister23 said:

For me everything was running smoothly until I connected my steam account to my warframe one. After that I tried everything in this topic and it still doesn't work :( . Anything you can suggest ?

Uninstall or disconnect your steam account.. If the problems only started happening then then steam is definetly the problem. I've had  problems with it in the past on other games. I uninstalled it ages ago. Maybe go into the steam settings and see if they have any setting to do with NAT, or under the properties of the game or something. I don't use a lot of steam so I wouldn't know what settings they have available but I'd look through them. It's not an issue with your rotuer or internet connection its an issue with steam.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5.12.2016 at 9:25 PM, JuriDoppelherz said:

- problem -

Update on the problem, because DE might not be at fault in all cases:

About a month ago i started to have serious network problems ingame, stuttering/teleporting enemies and players, unable to interact for seconds, UI not updating numbers (with the ping in the 130ms range). Blamed bad hosts, the problems seemed to be random, but more common in endless or sortie missions. Once i was hosting and people complained i should never host again, mission failed shortly after despite the fact, that the mobdef console was fine on my end.

So i started investigating connection issues and found out that my ISP put me behind a NAT. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

TL;DR 

Check your router public ip, if it does not match http://www.whatsmyrealip.com/ chances are your ISP ran out of ipv4 address space and the strict NAT popup is right.

Maybe the popup should not display local ip's, because the forwarding in my network was fine all the time and the error message is misleading.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm pretty sure i'm getting false positives from your network scanner i have had no issues whatsoever but the strict nat and upnp disabled keeps on popping up! i have the most updated version of my router with upnp enabled and supported.
Also it recognises the wrong ip for my router the number my cmd shows isn't the same one that warframe shows and the number warframe shows doesn't appear to be any router i can access

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm sorry I need to ask. I get the "Strict UPnP" message when I log in the game (Warframe - PC) but I don't seem to encounter a problem with contact list and voip.

I'm planning to set up another warframe on another pc for another player in the network.

Does the issues only apply when multiple warframe applications are running in the network?

Should I expect no problem when I'm the only warframe running on my network?

Thanks!