Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Glen

Strict Nat

Sorry Juniperus, that should have done it. Assuming your router and ISP are actually operating like they're supposed to.

Given the frequency that router firmware doesn't actually do things properly, your best bet is to buy one that can be flashed with ddwrt or openwrt. Or build your own. There's a reason that Small Office / Home Office routers (SOHO) are usually referred to as "SoHorribly Broken" these days.

God I buy this router just 2/3 weeks ago T^T It's strange because when I have the old router warframe works properly, I'm not a new player I have 500+ hours on warframe, but after the newest update also the old router had this kind of issues and I decided to buy a new one, and now I have to buy another one it's just eww ç_ç

Btw thank you for helping me (:

God I buy this router just 2/3 weeks ago T^T It's strange because when I have the old router warframe works properly, I'm not a new player I have 500+ hours on warframe, but after the newest update also the old router had this kind of issues and I decided to buy a new one, and now I have to buy another one it's just eww ç_ç

Btw thank you for helping me (:

yeah man, sorry you're in router hell.

i had a few issues like this about a decade ago. (mainly stemming from ISP supplied hardware and an old, failing router)

After going through two routers that didn't actually do what they were supposed to do... I built my own and haven't gone back.

They've only gotten worse since then. The market for routers is so competitive that they're cutting corners... severely.

And the poor public has no idea what's good and what isn't. (the price comparison won't help)

Overall, home networking gear has gone straight down the tubes.

I've never had an issue before. As soon as the new update came in, I am unable to invite anyone to my group, or be invited.

I actually did everything i can, including disabling firewalls, forwarding ports, change upnp settings, and UPNP is still not detected. So i can't host, and i can't join sessions because host is always unreachable. Any ideas what to do guys?

P.S. Why DE I have that strange sensation that DE is ignoring problem?

If the Warframe network analysis tool detected a problem with your network this could be the root cause of contact list, matchmaking and even voice-communication issues. Since Warframe is much more fun with friends we want to help you sort out your network troubles and get you back in the game!

Almost all home internet routers use NAT to allow you to share your internet connection with multiple devices on your home network. For security reasons routers may opt to enforce a more careful packet forwarding policy that may interfere with your game. If you are behind a Strict NAT you will have problems connecting to other players and likely appear offline to your friends.

Routers can be configured with NAT rules to direct traffic to specific hosts automatically using the Universal Plug and Play protocol (UPnP). UPnP is more convenient and secure than manually forwarding ports and also will allow you to run more than one copy of Warframe on your home network.

UPnP may not be working for one of several reasons:

1. UPnP is disabled in Warframe – the option to re-enable UPnP is in the Settings menu; re-enable it and restart Warframe.

2. UPnP was not detected – the service may be disabled on your router; enable it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

3. UPnP is malfunctioning – if you have more than one person on your LAN try changing them to use different network ports (in the in-game settings).

Another possible source of problem is old router firmware; please check for updates according to the manufacturer’s instructions. There is also a component to UPnP that runs as part of the Windows operating system itself; you should also check for Windows Updates.

After upgrading router firmware or enabling features on the router you may need to reboot windows. After rebooting, test your network again from Warframe to see if you have solved the Strict NAT problem with UPnP.

If your router does not support UPnP you should be able to forward the UDP ports manually on your router.

Please note that if you are forwarding the ports manually you should disable UPnP first to avoid it interfering (you can disable it on your router or in the Warframe settings).

Warframe normally uses UDP ports 4950 and 4955. Your router needs to let traffic on those ports through to your PC. For your convenience these ports and your local IP address are shown in the network analysis dialog.

The instructions for forwarding ports on your router vary by manufacturer and model; please consult your router’s documentation for details on how to forward these ports to your PC.

Btw since this "Hot Fix" I officially cant connect to anyone in my clan or friends list, but I can connect to public squads........ and I hit the Analyze network button and it says All systems normal........ ive downloaded the game 2 times on steam and once form warframe website and still dose the same thing...

Btw since this "Hot Fix" I officially cant connect to anyone in my clan or friends list, but I can connect to public squads........ and I hit the Analyze network button and it says All systems normal........ ive downloaded the game 2 times on steam and once form warframe website and still dose the same thing...

I have that since 3/28's hotfix patch, everything was perfect. It quite literally ****ed my settings. Tried quite a bit. Firewalls/upnp/dmz/steam reinstall/launcher client/ports fwd/ different ports.

Can anyone help me with this.

So I have the ports on my router forwarding as requested. I know this is working fine as I can use any of my laptops to play Warframe with no nat errors.

But on my gaming Desktop, I keep getting UPNP Port error detected and I can't invite nor join any game, leaves me stuck in solo mode.

I am running Win8 on it, I have disabled the Windows firewall and anti-virus, but still no change. Same error.

I never had this issue for the longest time, but now this last month has been on and off working, with more lately of it always giving me error.

Is there something else I can try or is this game network setting just shat? It's very frustrating as the other system have 0 problem with the network until I try to play it on the system that counts, my gaming desktop.

make sure that the port settings on each system are different.

occasionally the updates will reset it back to default.

if you have hard port forwards set, then you can disable plug and play options completely.

Been suddenly getting strict nat again for no reason after almost 2 years of not having it. Something happen?

Edited by Sorez

Been suddenly gettign strict nat again for no reason after almost 2 years of not having it. Something happen?

same here, started yesterday and disappeared after restarting the game a couple times, happened again today lol

I wonder what the actual fudge is happening.

• Upvote 1

"Session Unavailable" over and over and over!
Ports are forwarded doesn't work.
Turn off both fire walls doesn't work ..

Analyze Network: "All systems nominal. UPnP detected." ...
No antivirus installed doesn't work ....
Run Warframe with all the above as Adminstrator doesn't work .....
Read the forums for fixes and suggestions for months! One guy recently said reinstalling fixed it ... 'Reinstall' doesn't work ......

The people who I can't connect to can connect to me if I host ... in the past I was able to connect to those clan mates of mine and friends too!
Something has changed and it's not on my end but I've been desperately trying to get warframe to connect regardless. It feels like I can only connect to random people 2/10 attempts.

What more can I do at this point??

• Upvote 1

Strict NAT... I cri evertim... No really, I've randomly had this issue for years. Literally years DE. I think we've all (most of us anyway) been patient with this. Is there really no possible solution? Forwarding ports didnt help. Killing my firewalls didn't help. Got a new router, didn't help. I love Warframe and it usually works fine but when I start getting Strict NAT, Im unable to play at all for days/weeks at a time and get constantly logged out just from setting in my Liset let alone trying to complete a mission. And it usually coincides with a major event like the Alad vs Nef Anyo going on right now. I was fine till this morning. Strict NAT again.  I've missed out on quite a few events (and event completion rewards) due to this. If there is anything me/we as a player base can do to help you resolve this Strict NAT issue DE, (looking at you Steve), please don't hesitate to let us know. (other then this port forwarding drivel which resolves nothing for most of us having this issue.)

TL;DR

STRICT NAT AGAIN! 

HELP ME!

• Upvote 1

Strict NAT user here, and will be for a while, im tethering  internet from my phone to be able to play warframe at home with out paying hand and foot for internet.

Anyways, around the time the NAT servers were implemented (U15? ill edit it later) i have been unable to play warframe at all multiplayer.  

"Host migration in progress please wait" 

aww crap got booted back to the parent post again, let me logg back in....

Matchmaking servers will put me into games all day ju... "Host migration in progress please wait" ,crap back at the liset again, st to boot me back to the liset with in 3-5 seconds.  It has gotten worse in the last week and will completely log me out of the game even.

Before the Strict nat servers were up i only had a friend list full of no to very little lag and could join on certain clansmembers if any one person had connectivity issues to me, or me to them.  I could play the game to its fullest with 3 other people regularly.  

Now the only way i can play warframe is to solo i cannot trade in the dojo anymore i cant visit relays. (can only get in there when the relay bugs out and i join my own instance of a relay, but i cant do anything in there anyways) im missing out on most of warframe due to something that was done on DE side of the game.

Edited by S1gnas
  • Upvote 2

This one works for me: Enable DMZ feature in my router into my specific pc that runs Warframe.

DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) is basically reducing security in a specific network.

Here's the description from my router: 

The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis. 

I think it should work on both PC and console. 

This one works for me: Enable DMZ feature in my router into my specific pc that runs Warframe.

DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) is basically reducing security in a specific network.

Here's the description from my router: 

The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis. 

I think it should work on both PC and console. 

Tried. It doesn't work. I'm getting frustrated on not having the luxury of playing with other people...

Is it suppose to be like this. how come Warframe is allowing this.

Anymore fix that actually works? I can't fully enjoy my play with this error limiting me

Thank you,

• Upvote 1

I have enabled DMZ, forwarded ports, enabled UPnP, even opened NAT, enabled NAT-PMP all on my router and yet nothing works, because it still says that Strict NAT is detected and I need to enable UPnP and forward the usual ports. Sometimes it mixes it up and says that UPnP is malfunctioning and I still need to forward the ports.

Do I need to use static routes or something? This wasn't a problem at all when I started to play Warframe. I guess it's because of some update. This started to happen around the time when Zephyr was released and it has been a pain in the ! ever since.

Sure, I can still play it, but I can barely find any squads on planets and I can clearly see that they have people on them. Always says one or two squads on every planet I visit, except for the alert ones, where there are hundreds when an Orokin Reactor/Catalyst alert is on.

When I choose a planet with people on it, it'll load for a quick second and then give me the option to launch with me alone and make me wait for people. Either that or there's a rather small chance that it'll toss me into a game with a three-man squad. It's like using a slot machine at this point.

I'd really like some help that isn't the generic answer about forwarding ports and DMZ, enable NAT and such on my router, because I've tried that dozens of times and nothing works.

Using a Netgear JNR3210, by the way.

Edited by SWM2186
  • Upvote 1

This is still a huge issue. I have two machines on our network that try to play this game:

* Each has different UDP ports set in game

* UDP ports are forwarded appropriately

* Neither receive any 'Strict NAT' issues and 'Network analyzer' does not detect any problems

YET we cannot play together. About 80% of the time we team up to do a missing one of us is dropped and never allowed in. This is pretty much killing any ability to play this game. I have filed a support ticket but I have zero confidence that support will even care, let alone be able to do anything.

So I had the login message when I first started with warframe months ago, opened up the ports, everything fine.

Now it says UPNP malfunctioning, Strict NAT detected. Please forward ports XX.

So I went ahead and forwarded the ports... rebooted computer and router but it still gives me the error message.

While I can host, I cannot join any sessions, as hosts are always unreachable.

If it helps with troubleshooting, my roommate found himself banned today trying to reproduce the error after being inactive for a few months. (He's contacted support already, but he got an automatic reply warning about long response times.)

I guess this thing is unavoidable on 3G connection, but there must be a way to fix that.

DE, I ask uds. to answer or reply something about this:

forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/336980-failed-to-connect-to-the-host-returning-to-mission-lobby/

It's a real problem and it happens to many people, including me, playing solo is not the main point in warframe, please help us with this problem.

• Upvote 1

Okay so everything was fine until last patch.

I login yesterday and it's Strict NAT so I'm like wait... why?

http://puu.sh/lzYAC/cc2b517fc2.jpg

I go to  check out my routers Forwarding settign and there it is automatically detected...

http://puu.sh/lzYuL/0b67aa7c94.png

So now I'm just confused. I tried changing ports, restarting the router, adding ports manually and nothing helps.

What even more confusing I can play with other people. But it seems to find them a lot slower.

Edited by Mewka

Dear Dev's ..Everytime i get invited to a game and i accept while my ship is flying with the other dude's ship my game says something then it redirects me to my ship evey time i get an invite , even if its dojo, i cant even go in a mission with a squad because it says the same thing then i get redirected to my ship :/ the only way i can invite players to join my game is if im in game itself , my game crashes everytime i try to invite 2 or more people into my T4 sabotage and everytime i send a bug report it doesnt send ..so here i am ._..plz halp 

Have the same problem, I'll try everything on this post. Thanks for the information.