Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firewall Problems

[DE]Glen

• 3 weeks later...

I uninstalled the Warframe, deleted the appdata folder and then reinstalled the game. When I logged back in I stopped getting the port error but upon closing the client and logging back in two hours later the error started to appear again for seemingly no reason. I should also mention that at this point I've tried both disabling the firewall and forwarding the ports.

I just can't understand why I'm getting the port error two hours after having no issue with zero changes to the network.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This problem appeared out of nowhere two weeks ago for me, but first, there wasnt even a notification about ensuring ports. I was just unable to invite any player, or be invited by anyone, and starting missions got really slow, because game tries to find a party for like 15 seconds before starting a mission anyway, when Public is selected. But even though it cannot find any party, people still seem to join already started missions, which seems to be really strange.
I started getting this "Please ensure..." notification yesterday and spent about 8 hours trying to fix the problem, but with no success. I think, I tried everything: creating exceptions, checking if my ports are open, disabling/tweaking stuff in firewall, changing ports in Warframe settings and many other things, but none of those seem to work for me.  The only thing I haven't tried yet is using VPN, because I don't want my ping to pierce the heavens, and I don't even know if it is allowed, or I can be banned for doing it.

I have a rather silly theory which actually may be true and an actual cause for the problem which I and many other players are having. 
So, long story short, I live in Russian Federation, and there is a thing called The Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media, which we simply call RKN. Last year because reasons apparently it tried to block acces to a messenger "Telegram" by randomly banning hell of a lot ip adresses. I think, some days it was like 1,5 million ip adresses banned. So, I've done a bit of research and found out that arter this RKN bombardment many Russian Warframe players started to get this problem. It's not like they weren't getting it before, but before this problem wasn't so widespread. So, the thing is, RKN is still out there, doing it's stupid blocking thing, and this is why many Russian players still get this rather inconvinient problem. 

Sorry for babbling, I'm just getting annoyed that it appears there's no salvation except maybe sacrificing smooth gameplay for an ability to actually play with people

• 1 month later...
On 2019-02-17 at 2:55 AM, Alarixzet said:

This problem appeared out of nowhere two weeks ago for me, but first, there wasnt even a notification about ensuring ports. I was just unable to invite any player, or be invited by anyone, and starting missions got really slow, because game tries to find a party for like 15 seconds before starting a mission anyway, when Public is selected. But even though it cannot find any party, people still seem to join already started missions, which seems to be really strange.
I started getting this "Please ensure..." notification yesterday and spent about 8 hours trying to fix the problem, but with no success. I think, I tried everything: creating exceptions, checking if my ports are open, disabling/tweaking stuff in firewall, changing ports in Warframe settings and many other things, but none of those seem to work for me.  The only thing I haven't tried yet is using VPN, because I don't want my ping to pierce the heavens, and I don't even know if it is allowed, or I can be banned for doing it.

I have a rather silly theory which actually may be true and an actual cause for the problem which I and many other players are having. 
So, long story short, I live in Russian Federation, and there is a thing called The Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media, which we simply call RKN. Last year because reasons apparently it tried to block acces to a messenger "Telegram" by randomly banning hell of a lot ip adresses. I think, some days it was like 1,5 million ip adresses banned. So, I've done a bit of research and found out that arter this RKN bombardment many Russian Warframe players started to get this problem. It's not like they weren't getting it before, but before this problem wasn't so widespread. So, the thing is, RKN is still out there, doing it's stupid blocking thing, and this is why many Russian players still get this rather inconvinient problem. 

Sorry for babbling, I'm just getting annoyed that it appears there's no salvation except maybe sacrificing smooth gameplay for an ability to actually play with people

Either using VPN (with over 500ms ping in best cases) or suffer.

PS: Сам мучаюсь из-за этих даунов.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having UDP port problems since the most recent hotfix.

Sometimes when launching, Only 80 and 443 TCP ports will launch, sometimes, that but including a 6695-6699 TCP port, but unless I completely reboot my router, I will not get 4950/4955 UDP ports. This does not make sense, as at the Firewall and Router levels the required ports are opened, even the IP address that is used is on the DMZ with the UPnP setting enabled, negating the need for port forwarding whatsoever.

It's frustrating since I cannot enter a public lobby, invites fail completely. Strangely, the hotfix before this, everything was fine, and all was nominal.

I have qSF32YD.pngtApNMGb.pngDv6U5jH.png5ijzFE6.pngX4LhPbG.png

On 2019-02-17 at 2:55 AM, Alarixzet said:

have a rather silly theory which actually may be true and an actual cause for the problem which I and many other players are having. 
So, long story short, I live in Russian Federation, and there is a thing called The Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media, which we simply call RKN. Last year because reasons apparently it tried to block acces to a messenger "Telegram" by randomly banning hell of a lot ip adresses. I think, some days it was like 1,5 million ip adresses banned.

This is, unfortunately, not a silly theory - this is the reality. I'm not sure if DE reads this thread, but I hope they do.

At the present time Russian players en masse are experiencing the problem "Please Ensure That Your Firewall Permits Upd 4950 & 4955". The issue, however, is not with ports:

86.385 Net [Info]: Pinging 188.166.23.150:4950 from client
86.385 Net [Info]: Pinging 188.166.23.150:4950 from server
86.385 Net [Info]: Pinging 188.166.23.150:4950 from client
86.385 Net [Info]: Pinging 188.166.23.150:4950 from server
86.901 Net [Error]: Could not contact 128.199.105.91:4950
86.901 Net [Error]: Could not contact 165.227.164.4:4950
86.901 Net [Error]: Could not contact 188.166.23.150:4950
86.901 Net [Info]: Network analysis complete. 8 of 20 hosts contacted.
86.901 Net [Info]: Network analysis: Пожалуйста, убедитесь, что в брандмауэре открыты UDP порты 4950 & 4955. (eng: Please Ensure That Your Firewall Permits Upd 4950 & 4955)

These three ip-adresses are indeed blocked by The Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (aka Roskomnadzor, RKN) because of their "war" with Telegram messenger: https://globalfreedomofexpression.columbia.edu/cases/roskomnadzor-v-telegram/

We have checked it through our official Russian channels. You can check it by using this site: https://isitblockedinrussia.com/

problem11.png

etc.

We have written RKN letters with request to unblock these IPs, but... Honestly, our chances are extremely slim.

Dear DE, we do, of course, realize that this is absolutely not your fault and, technically, not your problem. But, perhaps, there is a way to change these IPs or the routing? It would help our whole community immensely. Right now Russian players simply can't play with others without using VPN.

My deepest apologies for the inconvenience and... I do hope that something can be done here 🙏

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem since some days ago. The game's launcher did not download the "Empyrean" upgrade, it showed me: "server out of order". I tried all the solutions, that i found in forums like: firewall, Windows defender, proxy, etc. But none worked. I sent a ticket to: "digitalextremes.zendesk.com" with (DxDiaf, EE and launcher) files and consult with "(DE)community", but i do not have an answer from them. I removed the game and i downloaded throught (Steam) plataform, but the error appereanced again. I removed again, but the Warframe official page did not allow me download again (http://content.warframe.com/dl/Warframe.msi) and my internet works perfectly. I do not know what to do with solve the problem, even i have not could download the game again.

I was having a weird issue with not being able to see other players in relays/dojos/etc, couldn't trade, etc. but could join missions just fine and had no network problems reported.  I had the UDP and TCP ports opened and forwarded appropriately.

What I didn't have, until reading the logs in detail, was port 6950/6951 opened outbound.  (My firewall blocks traffic on all but specified outbound ports.)  Once I opened those, players showed up in relays/dojos and trading became available.  Nothing in the existing DE documents states the need to have these ports open outbound, but if you're having the "can't see anyone else" bug, check if your network implements egress filtering on ports 6950/6951.

• 3 months later...

The problem is not with my firewall, the problem is with warframe! This error has years and its impacting tons of players, many leave warframe cause of it and still no solution from DE!

In my case I found a work around: every single time I want to play wf I go into my router disable UPnP and enable again, then when I open warframe it creates those 2 routing again. Every single time I have to redo it.

I have no issues with any other multiplayer game and whatnot. Plz DE look into this instead of simply saying: its ur firewall, fix it noob!

• Like 2

boa noite estou com um erro aqui no meu warfreme eu abro ele normalmente e ja vai direto pro erro na atualizaçao ai ta escrito assim ERRO_NOME_INTERNET_RELOAD e mas abaixo ta assim a atualizaçao reinicializar em breve espera ai volta pra pagi inicial e volta pro erro

boa noite eu estou com um erro aqui no meu warfreme eu abri-lo normalmente e já vai direto pro erro falha na atualização ai ta escrito para ERRO_NOME_INTERNET_RELOAD e abaixo ta assim a atualização reinicialização logo espera ai de volta para pagi inicial e de volta ao erro

• 4 weeks later...
On 2013-03-04 at 4:22 PM, [DE]Glen said:

Warframe normally uses UDP ports 4950 and 4955. Your firewall needs to let traffic on those ports from any address through to your PC (and from these ports on your PC to any address).

Does that mean the port option in the settings menu has no effect?
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1193244-port-and-nat-problems/?do=findComment&comment=11574430

On 2013-03-04 at 4:25 PM, [DE]Glen said:

Bonus technical information for how we decide that you have a firewall problem:

1) The game sends a special UDP ping packet to two different servers

2) The servers reply back to the sender with a packet containing the visible public address & port

If it doesn't get a response from a server it waits a bit and tries again a few times. After a while it gives up -- it assumes that if the reply packet couldn't make it back that it was because a firewall somewhere along the way blocked the packet; in theory other issues could account for the response not making it back but in practical terms it means you're still going to have serious problems playing with other people if they can't 'reply' to data you send them.

Bonus trivia: if both replies make it back we check to see if the public addresses that our servers saw were the same; if they are different this means that the NAT is strict and makes it extremely hard for our servers to relay connection information to other players (if we can't say what public port your router will use we can't tell other players how to talk to you).

Did you forget a paragraph? because nowhere is written that you test the ports i have set in the settings menu, which is pretty weird.
also, you should expect ports for outgoing connections to be randomized, because good firewalls will do that to protect you from penetration attacks.

i hope this is just an oversimplified and overshortened explanation, because . . .
in order to properly test the hosting capabilities of the game client, you ned to ...
1. test outgoing connections:
   a. send a packet from the configured ports to a test server on the internet.
   b. when the test server replies from the targeted port, and the game client receives the reply, outgoing connections work.
2. test incoming connections:
   a. establish an outgoing connection to a control server on the internet.
   b. transmit the configured ports to the control server.
   c. the control server orders a test server to connect, from a random port, to your publicly visible ip targeting the configured ports.
   d. when the test server is able to establish a connection, incoming connections work.

This is so stupid why is it this is the only game i'm having problems with of all the games i play this is the only one having these stupid problems and its very irritating, like i just want to play the game, but to do so i have to do all this crap. Even then it probably wont work, like i really have to reinstall the game just to play for 2 hours and repeat the process.  I also love the fact that in 2013 people were having these problems,  its been 7 years and this problem is still around.

Edited by -Ayon-

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So my friend list and clan list are empty. I can not invite people to my lobby, nor can they invite me. I can chat in clan chat and see individuals there. When I went into a mission 1 of 3 people were able to direct connect to me through the communications menu, the other 2 were not. They later connected to the lobby by joining through him. I have restarted my computer, verified the files of Warframe, and disabled my firewalls. This bug makes it a pain to play this game that I enjoy playing with my friends. I can still join public lobbies and play with others. Do we have any fix for this? It just started today.

13 hours ago, Shepherd_0f_Fire said:

So my friend list and clan list are empty. I can not invite people to my lobby, nor can they invite me. I can chat in clan chat and see individuals there. When I went into a mission 1 of 3 people were able to direct connect to me through the communications menu, the other 2 were not. They later connected to the lobby by joining through him. I have restarted my computer, verified the files of Warframe, and disabled my firewalls. This bug makes it a pain to play this game that I enjoy playing with my friends. I can still join public lobbies and play with others. Do we have any fix for this? It just started today.

Multiple active threads for this. BUMP! DE plz fix ASAP <3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so me and all the players from "Egypt had that problem with ports a couple of weeks ago that we couldn't actually see any players on relays or cities like cetus or fortuna even at the dojo. after a long search for any solution and after a dozen players contacted DE and getting alot of answers like just use vpn or its your Internet company's problem we decided to go with it and just use vpn for trading and such things 

but yesterday after hotfix 30.0.6 the game just says "please make sure that your firewall permts UDP ports 4950 & 4955" and doesnt allow me or any other player from Egypt to play or contact with friends. not even get or send invitations or join any public lobbies. and the player appears to be offline for other people.

I've tried the following:

* shutting down all fire walls on my pc

* opening those ports specifically for warframe 

* opening the ports on my router 

* using vpn 

and unfortunately none of them worked at all 

even tho the game was working well before the last hotfix 30.0.6 yesterday.. i was online 8 minutes before it was deployed and i could see my friends list and talk with one of my friends normally

we honestly dont know what to do some of us really love warframe and have spent alot of time and money into the game.. like me. and it just doenst feel right to quite the game like this. please look into this de

Edited by Anubis_SATOA
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Anubis_SATOA said:

so me and all the players from "Egypt had that problem with ports a couple of weeks ago that we couldn't actually see any players on relays or cities like cetus or fortuna even at the dojo. after a long search for any solution and after a dozen players contacted DE and getting alot of answers like just use vpn or its your Internet company's problem we decided to go with it and just use vpn for trading and such things 

but yesterday after hotfix 30.0.6 the game just says "please make sure that your firewall permts UDP ports 4950 & 4955" and doesnt allow me or any other player from Egypt to play or contact with friends. not even get or send invitations or join any public lobbies. and the player appears to be offline for other people.

* using vpn 

even tho the game was working well before the last hotfix 30.0.6 yesterday.. i was online 8 minutes before it was deployed and i could see my friends list and talk with one of my friends normally

we honestly dont know what to do some of us really love warframe and have spent alot of time and money into the game.. like me. and it just doenst feel right to quite the game like this. please look into this de

i have the same problem 

14 hours ago, Anubis_SATOA said:

* using vpn 

Oh...glad to know that i'm not the only egyptian that Has the issue from the start (can't join people in relays and stuff) and not the only person with the firewall problem

Edited by KingSlenderUAGZ
  • Like 1