Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firewall Problems

[DE]Glen

Having to configure firewalls, connectivity settings and going to the extent of "buying a new router" shouldn't even have to be solutions. I've never once played a multiplayer game where these were even issues. It's almost reminiscent of 1995 days of hardware, where you'd need to have exacting settings and just the right drivers to get your SoundBlaster 64 to work.

The game is AWESOME, and I REALLY want to be able to play this with my friends, especially given that you guys are from Ontario, but having to fiddle about with firmware settings and being told I "may need to buy a new router"? It's really not helping at all. Whatever's going on with the back-end that's causing this, please, PLEASE get with 2010, at the very least.

EDIT: Let me reiterate that Warframe is F***IN' AWESOME, and I'll be on-board once the connectivity issues are resolved, I'm just worried that you may be losing Steam so long as these problems are in place.

Edited by Gagenshatz

On 2013-04-10 at 4:33 AM, Gagenshatz said:

Having to configure firewalls, connectivity settings and going to the extent of "buying a new router" shouldn't even have to be solutions. I've never once played a multiplayer game where these were even issues. It's almost reminiscent of 1995 days of hardware, where you'd need to have exacting settings and just the right drivers to get your SoundBlaster 64 to work.

The game is AWESOME, and I REALLY want to be able to play this with my friends, especially given that you guys are from Ontario, but having to fiddle about with firmware settings and being told I "may need to buy a new router"? It's really not helping at all. Whatever's going on with the back-end that's causing this, please, PLEASE get with 2010, at the very least.

EDIT: Let me reiterate that Warframe is F***IN' AWESOME, and I'll be on-board once the connectivity issues are resolved, I'm just worried that you may be losing Steam so long as these problems are in place.

They're not issues, this game is peer to peer which means you have to open the ports or have no firewall in place on your router.

if you're natted and can't remove it, then you can't play with others.

if the devs were making millions like diablo 3 they could set up dedicated servers and make us connect to those instead of using crappy peer to peer, but you can figure out they probably aren't making that much.

Edited by Laser.Llama

I'm having the same problem, I had no problem playing what so ever untill a few days ago. Now when I log in I get the "Network Problem Detected!" box where it says : Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 3960 & 3962.
I have tried to open the ports on both my windows firewall and the router itself, also tried to disable them both, none of it has worked. I don't have any other firewalls so I'm guessing the problem is something else.

I tried to verify the game cache (Running it through steam), this resulted in a redownload of 1.1gb, and after updating the game. This didn't fix the problem.

Next I tried to completly delete the local game content and reinstall it (Again through steam) that didn't work either.

I'm kinda at a loss about what to do, I want to play the game with my friends, but I am unable to do so right now :/

Btw great game it has a lot of potential :) Can't wait to see what you have in store

Ok so I started the game today and there was a patch, I don't know if this is what caused the problem to become fixed, but as of today I'm no longer having the issue at all. However yesterday I had a power outage and thinking about it this must have caused my router to reset.

Either way the problem is no more

try turning phys X off and open the udp&tcp ports on your router this sorted out my fps and some latency issues i was having

my windows firewall was fine just need to open S#&$ on my router (my 2 cents)

how to turn physx off?

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that installed through steam try verifying the game cache. I was having this exact same problem and tried all the firewall fix and everything in between. After the verify it said I was missing some files, steam automatically downloaded the game again and after I launched again it seems to work. Not sure if this is a perm. fix, but it is working for me at this moment; will update if things change. Steps for those who dont know: right click on game title in steam library list, properties, local files, and verify integrity of game cache. Good Luck

Update:The game has now been running fine for about a week without any other problems. Good luck guys.

Edited by Proxy_Hydra

For those of you that installed through steam try verifying the game cache. I was having this exact same problem and tried all the firewall fix and everything in between. After the verify it said I was missing some files, steam automatically downloaded the game again and after I launched again it seems to work. Not sure if this is a perm. fix, but it is working for me at this moment; will update if things change. Steps for those who dont know: right click on game title in steam library list, properties, local files, and verify integrity of game cache. Good Luck

I was missing some files too. Steam is downloading something for Warframe now (size around 1.2GB). Will wait and see if this is the fix regarding the firewall issue.

I was missing some files too. Steam is downloading something for Warframe now (size around 1.2GB). Will wait and see if this is the fix regarding the firewall issue.

If you use verify cache from the Steam client, it will always find bad data and replace it.

This happens because the Steam CDN servers have a copy of client data that is older than what you get from patching through the launcher. The following cycle occurs:

1) Install through Steam

2) Patch through launcher, local data no longer matches Steam data.

3) Verify through steam, client data mismatch results in replacement (reinstall)

4) Patch through launcher, local data no longer matches Steam data.

... repeat

It is generally accepted to not verify cache in Steam for games with external launchers / patching clients and is best to disable auto updates for the game in the Steam UI. If you are certain that game assets are corrupt on your computer you can use this to replace them (until DE implements their own verify function) but keep in mind you'll get the same results as with a full uninstall and reinstall.

Hello. I have this problem too about permitting the ports 3960 & 3962.

I already did the following:

- Turn off the firewall.

- Allow the ports in Windows Firewall

- Allow ALL the ports in Windows Firewall

- Turn my modem off and on again

- Check the "analyzing network" button in the game, and failed

Do I need to reinstall the game so that I the problem will be resolved? If so, that'll be a bummer since internet download speed here sucks. Thanks in advance for the answers. Good day. :)

Note: I do not have a router. My modem is my connection to our ISP. :)

UPDATE: Just reinstalled it. It didn't work at all.

Edited by JetAsrite

If you use verify cache from the Steam client, it will always find bad data and replace it.

This happens because the Steam CDN servers have a copy of client data that is older than what you get from patching through the launcher. The following cycle occurs:

1) Install through Steam

2) Patch through launcher, local data no longer matches Steam data.

3) Verify through steam, client data mismatch results in replacement (reinstall)

4) Patch through launcher, local data no longer matches Steam data.

... repeat

It is generally accepted to not verify cache in Steam for games with external launchers / patching clients and is best to disable auto updates for the game in the Steam UI. If you are certain that game assets are corrupt on your computer you can use this to replace them (until DE implements their own verify function) but keep in mind you'll get the same results as with a full uninstall and reinstall.

I came to realize that after I tried verifying the cache. A magic circle, indeed. However, the problem no longer seems to show up... at least at the moment. Maybe it had to do something with those recent hot-fixes. I hope that's the case and it's finally back to normal.

For those people who might still be having this problem - can't join any Online game or see Contacts offline: Try resetting your router. It worked for me whenever this problem occurred. It's silly to do that every single time, but at least it let me play this game properly - Online. (I wasn't resetting the router so often and it wasn't always necessary, so try it only after you conclude that you can't join an Online game) Again, this may only solve my problem, but it might work for you too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have reinstalled Windows today and I can't get into the game anymore. Well played. It never happened to me before. I didn't have to forward any ports or mess with firewalls to play the game. And now I can't even log in to the launcher to download updates. How about that? And NO, I am not gonna send any support tickets, because it is not my fault that the game doesn't work anymore. I didn't change anything in my firewall or router settings. I have never had to anyways.

Never mind. Since I am an epic haxor kinda guy, I've figured it out by myself. Windows updates + Certificates fixed the problem for me.

Edited by ultimatesacrifice

Hi all!

I'm also getting this problem here is how it looks on my router:

Trigger port Start         Trigger port end     Trigger Protocol         Open Port Start         Open Port End        Open Protocol 

What to put here?       What to put here?         UDP?                   What to put here?     What to put here?            UDP?

On my windows  firewall everything is fine.

I'm not a computer genius so I'm posting this so you can explain and help me.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi all!

I'm also getting this problem here is how it looks on my router:

Trigger port Start         Trigger port end     Trigger Protocol         Open Port Start         Open Port End        Open Protocol 

What to put here?       What to put here?         UDP?                   What to put here?     What to put here?            UDP?

On my windows  firewall everything is fine.

I'm not a computer genius so I'm posting this so you can explain and help me.

Thank you for your understanding.

These settings are similar on all routers.

3960                      3960                  UDP                     3960                   3960                   UDP

Do this one more time, but instead of 3960 put 3962. That should do it.

I just did this and checked if those ports are open with an app from these guys (http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm). It reports that those ports are open indeed, however, I still have problems joining an Online game, seeing Contacts and similar.

--------------------

Even after forwarding ports on my router and checking Windows Firewall, I'm facing the problem mentioned above. The only solution for me is to restart the router, which somehow makes the game playable Online (Firewall error pops up, of course), but after exiting the game process must be repeated in order for the game to work Online.

What can be done to fix this? Is this even a problem on player's side? This became a major issue only after a certain update, I think...(or MOA event)

um let's me begin, I couldn't see my friends online on the list and just a little number of clan members show up also. So I decided to open the 3960 and 3962 ports ( the analyze tool always say Passed... nominal). Ok, the problem is that after I opened the ports I am the only one I see online so any thoughts about that from you guys should really help, thanks.

At this point I think I need a team from Microsoft or something.

Issues: Cannot see friends/clan online, cannot join games in progress (but people can join mine).

What I have done to fix it:

Allowed Warframe through Windows Firewall, and created inbound/outbound rules for Warframe on ports 3960 and 3962 so that it can get through the firewall; did nothing. Turned off Windows Firewall as well, game still tells me to allow ports 3960 and 3962 through my firewall even with it off.

Originally forwarded ports 80, 443, 3960, and 3962 through my router; did nothing. Unchecked ports 80 and 443 and the Warframe network analysis tool loved that; issues resolved for about an hour. No changes made on my end (that I know of, so many variables involved in this thing), and then back to the same issues. When I rechecked ports 80 and 443, then unchecked them again, this did not provide that same hour fix that it did before. 

And as I'm typing this, I just randomly decided to disable uPnP on my router and Warframe at the same time. Now all systems nominal.. Not sure if this will last, or how it will affect other things. other variable in this fix that I can identify is that turning off uPnP on my router restarted it. So I suppose I'll test that later if I'm forced to turn it back on.

If anybody can glean anything from all this text please post further data/insight. I'm not a technical person; I just try to piece together information I find.

At this point I think I need a team from Microsoft or something.

Issues: Cannot see friends/clan online, cannot join games in progress (but people can join mine).

What I have done to fix it:

Allowed Warframe through Windows Firewall, and created inbound/outbound rules for Warframe on ports 3960 and 3962 so that it can get through the firewall; did nothing. Turned off Windows Firewall as well, game still tells me to allow ports 3960 and 3962 through my firewall even with it off.

Originally forwarded ports 80, 443, 3960, and 3962 through my router; did nothing. Unchecked ports 80 and 443 and the Warframe network analysis tool loved that; issues resolved for about an hour. No changes made on my end (that I know of, so many variables involved in this thing), and then back to the same issues. When I rechecked ports 80 and 443, then unchecked them again, this did not provide that same hour fix that it did before. 

And as I'm typing this, I just randomly decided to disable uPnP on my router and Warframe at the same time. Now all systems nominal.. Not sure if this will last, or how it will affect other things. other variable in this fix that I can identify is that turning off uPnP on my router restarted it. So I suppose I'll test that later if I'm forced to turn it back on.

If anybody can glean anything from all this text please post further data/insight. I'm not a technical person; I just try to piece together information I find.

Try Verifying integrity of game cache from steam. (library, right click warframe, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.) It will have to redownload some stuff but it fixed everything for me. Good luck.