The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New prime weapon?

23 minutes ago, Sephylon086918 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't signature weapons usually primed with their frame? Fusilai and akzabi being the excpetions tho, so I guess there is the chance for quassus to join them.

You are generally correct yes. 

It can get a bit complicated though, Warframes and weapons in Warframe existed before the idea of signature weapons associated with Warframes, either with lore or design elements became more common place and standard. Not that, that didn't exist before, just that at a certain point it became much more intentional and consistent. Which is why a lot of older Warframes don't necessarily have special mechanics or close association with the weapon they were Primed with. I think it was around 2019 the shift started to happen. 

Also, many Warframes only have one signature weapon (or as you pointed out, some can have three, like with Gara. Jade in the next update will also have three signature weapons.). So when a Warframe only has one signature weapon, it often means, that something else has the opportunity to be Primed. Or sometimes, like with Nidus, two weapons were up, which ended up being Strun Prime and Magnus Prime (IIRC). 

Xaku only has one, (Quassus), Lavos only has one (Cedo), Citrine has two. (Stefflos and Corufell), Voruna has two, (Perigale and Sarofang). 

In cases where only one weapon is associated or the signature like with Xaku and Lavos, that free spot can go to another weapon or item. Like with Hildryn we got Shade Prime. Protea we got Okina Prime. Grendel Prime, Zylok Prime, and so on. Like I said, Quassus is almost definitely a given, it doesn't have the issues Nidus weapons did (though some people may argue whether his weapons were or weren't signature etc). 

So that leaves is a free spot! Hope that helped in anyway! 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

The forced slash procs are definitely nice, what do you think of the keratinos imo again another slept on weapon.

Keratinos was already really good before melee arcanes and tennokai, it's even better now. It's in my top 10 most used melee weapons

With a riven you're looking at ~9.5m range. High status chance and innate viral is perfect candidate for influence. Discipline's merit gives on demand heavy attacks with 7x hits as well as forced slash procs, Acolytes hate that spinning *@##$ slap. Claw stances are enjoyable to use, have decent multipliers and .8 follow through ain't bad either.

Keratinos Mirage clone blender is super fun.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-24 at 3:11 AM, Sephylon086918 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't signature weapons usually primed with their frame? Fusilai and akzabi being the excpetions tho, so I guess there is the chance for quassus to join them.

Fusilai was an exception because Prime Access only comes with 2 items (unless one item is a sentinel where it also has a sentinel's weapon). Akzani was an exception because when Mirage Prime released, signatures weren't prevalent, and Akzani has no special bonus for Mirage. Quassus will most definitely come with Xaku, as will Epitaph with Sevagoth and Kompressa with Yareli.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

hace 5 horas, Voltage dijo:

Fusilai was an exception because Prime Access only comes with 2 items (unless one item is a sentinel where it also has a sentinel's weapon). Akzani was an exception because when Mirage Prime released, signatures weren't prevalent, and Akzani has no special bonus for Mirage. Quassus will most definitely come with Xaku, as will Epitaph with Sevagoth and Kompressa with Yareli.

That’s correct! In one of the last devshorts they talked about the fusilai situation, knowing Jade Prime could have the same fate, so there’s a chance Jade Prime could bring all 3 weapons. 

4 hours ago, ShruikanUmbra said:

In that same devshort they talked about a “list” with unprimed stuff, including Fusilai and Akzani. We just need to wait for a prime resurgence of forgotten weapons.

As an old player, that little note was exciting to hear. I would love to get things like Daikyu, Tonbo, Dual Zoren, etc. as a Primed variant.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-24 at 2:25 PM, ShruikanUmbra said:

I didn’t mention them cause Quassus prime is 99.99% guaranteed. Maybe Lavos Prime could bring Tonbo/DualZoren Prime along with Cedo Prime? Would make sense for a “Condition Overload” warframe to have a primed melee

Also, it’s been a while since last time I saw @Skoomaseller around the forums. 

warms my heart knowing some people remember me.

I'm on an indefinite hiatus. Trying to get by in one of the richest (also smallest, yay housing prices and rent!) nations in the world as a poor Yareli main with 0 qualifications is an arduous task. I miss when I had more free time. Oh and my failing mental health but that's still thankfully manageable.

I'm also reluctant to come back because it's quite clear DE doesn't actually care about Yareli, and hoping that they'll turn their gaze to fix the mess they've made is a fruitless endeavor.

There's also them continuing to implement RNG loadouts in new content, and I despise that S#&$. I don't care if it's optional or not, it is dogS#&$ and should've never been implemented not applauded (wow de good innovation!!!! muh challenge wow!!!! i love slop!!!!).

Don't see a point in continuing, so I'll just pop by time to time to see what's up. I will come back probably when Yareli Prime drops. Maybe, idk.

Hope you have been enjoying your time with the game though, obviously I won't take that away from anyone.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

warms my heart knowing some people remember me.

I'm on an indefinite hiatus. Trying to get by in one of the richest (also smallest, yay housing prices and rent!) nations in the world as a poor Yareli main with 0 qualifications is an arduous task. I miss when I had more free time. Oh and my failing mental health but that's still thankfully manageable.

I'm also reluctant to come back because it's quite clear DE doesn't actually care about Yareli, and hoping that they'll turn their gaze to fix the mess they've made is a fruitless endeavor.

There's also them continuing to implement RNG loadouts in new content, and I despise that S#&$. I don't care if it's optional or not, it is dogS#&$ and should've never been implemented not applauded (wow de good innovation!!!! muh challenge wow!!!! i love slop!!!!).

Don't see a point in continuing, so I'll just pop by time to time to see what's up. I will come back probably when Yareli Prime drops. Maybe, idk.

Hope you have been enjoying your time with the game though, obviously I won't take that away from anyone.

I know that name seen it around the forums, I'm still here like a bad fart, I hang around and float around the game every day.

You should play more it is still fun or I'm easily amused sort of like having a piece of paper with P.T.O on both sides. :tongue: