The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Kuva Chakkhurr not able to equip Tactical Reload

MetagrossJK2

The Kuva Chakkhurr cannot equip the mod Tactical Reload for some reason (the one that gives +20% reload per second when holstered). The Chakkhurr is technically a rifle, so shouldn't it be able to equip it?

At first i thought that, since this mod is stated to be for "Assault Rifle" category, maybe the Chakkhurr was just in the "Rifle" category but not in the "Assault Rifle" one. But then again, it actually can equip mods stated for "Assault Rifle", like Tainted Mag, Guided Ordnance or Gun Glide. It looks like it should be able to equip it, but for some reason it can't.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something???

There's a bunch of weapons this mod does not work on, per the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tactical_Reload

The Synth mod set does the same effect (holstering primary and secondary weapons reload 5/10/15/20% of magazine/s) if you'd like to use that instead, but the tactical reload mod could probably be a bit more clear it's excluding certain weapons intentionally, or just not exclude from any primaries since it seems like an outdated conclave mod from 2015 (i.e. it seems intentional rather than a bug, it's just inconsistent is all). Ammo economy is not really an issue with dispensary being subsumable, and most reloads will be faster than the 5s it takes to get back to full clip size anyways.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MetagrossJK2 said:

Is this a bug, or am I missing something???

Almost certainly not a bug, though I don't blame you for wondering since no explanation is hinted at in game.  Generally--there are exceptions in either direction--passive reload mods are disallowed on weapons that have an AoE component.

Oooh i see. Well, i only thought about this because i like these kind of mods, cause it gives me a better way to deal with weapons with long reload times. Indeed the mod takes longer, but i prefer having to use other weapons for 5 seconds than doing nothing for 3.3 seconds (or 2.5 with Primary Merciless, thank god xD). But it's true i didn't know about the AoE weapons being excluded from using this mods.

Thanks for answering :D