The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more Events

Hello everyone Tenno,

I am a veteran Warframe player, I wanted to request an implementation regarding the events in the game as I have been noticing for a long time that there is an increasingly lack of competitiveness... in the past I played a lot with the famous and beloved Raids and actually also the events which were more frequent... it would be wonderful if you could put world ranking events on a monthly basis as it will increase the competition between us tenno and maybe remove the weekly rankings which in my point of view no player considers them!!! This is my personal request but I assure you that many players think like me and want more competitiveness in this wonderful game!!!

Thank you and I really hope for these changes which will encourage more and more players and clans to compete.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I guess adding more events will do no harm, but competition? No way. Doing anything competetitive would require the devs to make/buy anti-cheat, because otherwise the game will be flooded with cheated times. Its bad enough that the conclave is infested with cheaters, we dont need to give them any further medals and rewards for it.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Doing anything competetitive would require the devs to make/buy anti-cheat, because otherwise the game will be flooded with cheated times.

There have been a lot of event in the past with leader boards etc, cheating wasn't really a big issue with them. The events were always based on something new that just release and so cheating tools hardly could catch up in time to be of any use. And devs monitoring suspicious scores was enough to deal with exploits.

And generally Warframe is far from being a game that suffers from cheaters, in the PvE part there is almost no reason to cheat, since you would do it primarily to automate your gameplay to farm more efficiently but if you just don't like farming at all you just leave the game anyways. Wallhacks or auto aim are pointless since you have radars and an arsenal of AoE effects (or just play Mesa lol) most cheating possibilities in Warframe don't make any sense.

@(PSN)Cvtolo69yo

I too miss the simple events with leader boards we used to have regularly and Raids and all these things that motivated you to build a clan/an alliance to have many players do things together on good occasions with a common goal. Today and it has been like that for a while now, you just need maximum 3 friends to play with sometimes if you enjoy multiplayer and that's it. I don't even understand what's the purpose of clans anymore outside of owning a dojo.

I firmly believe DE are scared of doing events now.

They know people will grind like mad during events. Hell, in the Devshorts Rebecca said they were going to cap the next events shop, to a max of 2 sets of an Arcane type. So for example, you can only get 2 maxed Arcane Energize and 2 maxed Arcane Grace etc. in an effort to "combat burnout". This is a prime example of them just really being afraid of events and having people binge their game during them. 

They also stopped doing major events after the disaster that was Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom. Both of those resulted in massive server problems and huge balancing issues, which we still feel today. You know how WF abilities have diminishing returns against Sentients? Yea, that's cause of Limbo during Scarlet Spear. That's quite literally the cause.

We do also get more major updates now vs Events.
Previously, it was Events that were pushing the story forward and expanding the game. Now, it's just major updates and quests. While it is a little better for the long term, it's far less flavourful for the whole "the system is in chaos" thing that Gradivus Dilema REALLY emphasized very well.

Events like Gradivus, Eyes of Blight and Shadow Debt really had a MASSIVE hand in player retention and interest. They were extremely fun, and fairly well thought out events that gave so much flavour and character to different factions or individuals.
It's just a shame we probably wont get anything similar anymore. At least, I doubt we will.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PSN)Cvtolo69yo said:

I have been noticing for a long time that there is an increasingly lack of competitiveness...

Maybe because Warframe isnt a Competitive game?

7 hours ago, (PSN)Cvtolo69yo said:

Thank you and I really hope for these changes which will encourage more and more players and clans to compete.

No thanks, we saw what happened during the Solar Rails era where a very few massive clans would maintain control of most if not all the Dark Sector nodes, so how are other and smaller clans suppose to compete with these?