Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 5 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

3) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working; IE uses the same code that Warframe uses so it's a helpful test.

3a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

3b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

4) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

4a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

4b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

5) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

======================[ NOTE ]======================

If nothing helps please attach your EE.log and Launcher.log files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe to a support ticket: http://support.warframe.com/ -- this is essential to understanding what's going on.

• Like 1

I disabled IE a long time ago and so far, I haven't had any problems.

Except when I try to open some game's launcher links. Some of them, I believe, only open through IE's path but I usually favorite my game websites, to quickly check for information, and IE is a nuisance to deal with.

Edited by JRMC
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It'd seem that Iobit/Razer Game Booster makes the updates fail at the moment. Until the update/updates this morning, they all happened though some failed once or twice before working. Honestly it's not much of a problem to just close Game Booster and update it, then run it with GB afterwards. So no rush fixing it. The proxy on it is weird and I don't even know if I have it enabled, anyway.

Aside from that minor note, I'd just like to say YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. No joke, this is by far the best update system I've seen out of any game I've ever played. It's extremely efficient, quiet, and fast. Your updater's easily one of the cleanest and neatest one out there, too. Just great job, all around.

I had this problem but its fine now. I just kept retrying the update in the game launcher a few times.

Same thing happend for me. Ususally though, I have massive problems with launchers but this one actually works with few problems.

it downloads fine.. .5 times in a row, .lol. still not able to get in after several attempts at letting the LP download today's content. downloaded and installed (for the first time) last night though fine.. and played for 2 hours. loved it. addicting.

ok i have tried to update mutilpul times and i got one update done but the next one keeps saying update failed corrpet file i keep restarting the updater but ever time it gets to about 330 out of 577 it fails. i have tried everything i can think of witch isnt much but any help would be good.

okay, so i launched the game today, tried logging in, the screen froze, so i just closed it, re-launched, but this time the words on the bottom got all scrambled up and then it said:

"Update failed!

Cannot find the Warframe executable!

The update will be restarted shortly..."

i am also running this through steam (not sure if this is only avialable through steam or not) but it was working 100% fine yesterday. i also beleive there was some sort of small update before i treid to log in,

okay, so i launched the game today, tried logging in, the screen froze, so i just closed it, re-launched, but this time the words on the bottom got all scrambled up and then it said:

"Update failed!

Cannot find the Warframe executable!

The update will be restarted shortly..."

i am also running this through steam (not sure if this is only avialable through steam or not) but it was working 100% fine yesterday. i also beleive there was some sort of small update before i treid to log in,

well am having the same problem at the moment can we get support please? or are u guys updating somthing??

+ the weired thing is the download speed is super slow like less then 1KB/s and am not runing any other app, and if i run other apps i don't have any probs... Now the download is like (Downloading Updates ... 1.5/1024 ~ 2KB/s. is that normal ?

+ the weired thing is the download speed is super slow like less then 1KB/s and am not runing any other app, and if i run other apps i don't have any probs... Now the download is like (Downloading Updates ... 1.5/1024 ~ 2KB/s. is that normal ?

i got same prob from the last patch. speed download 1-5KB/s only. i try re-install the game but nothing happen :(

I am from Indonesia and i'm have the same problem with 2 kb/s download speed.

My launcher error and i'm already try anything from IE option to flushdns. Now i uninstall the game, restart my PC and Run warframe.msi again.

At first i get 200 kb/s until 12 / 1031 mb then suddenly speed drop until 2 kb/s then "File corrupt" and retry download.

Wait for a while and retry, i'm already do that 5 times. I don't run another app and i can browse just fine.

Can i download file from somewhere that i can use downloader such as IDM?

If yes where i can find such file? I'm searching google and i do not find any alternate download.

Thank's for your attention.

What country are you updating from? I can VPN to about 50 cities around the world so I might be able to run a test relatively close to you.

indonesia. i nvr got problem to update before but when i patch the easter update i got this problem.