Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with this same issue again since thursday.

Previously I was getting the error "Some data could not be downloaded from Warframe servers". Checking the Launcher.log, I saw the following messages:

Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault02.level!0BF_r7D0uhlNnG5WmnoRKw+sEQ (repeated 5 times)

Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault01.level!0BF_N15eYb9krZA2InKubGX0pQ (repeated 5 times)

Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault03.level!0BF_zSLQXnp7m7GfDIQfbZy8nQ (repeated 5 times)

1336.134 Sys [Warning]: 3 stripped assets still pending preprocess
1336.134 Sys [Warning]: /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault02.level
1336.134 Sys [Warning]: /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault01.level
1336.134 Sys [Warning]: /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault03.level

Now, finding this thread on forum and ensuring all IE configurations are the same as recommended, I started to get the error "Downloaded data was corrupted". Checking the Launcher .log showed me the message

Bad LZMA stream in /Warframe.exe.7EF14CC6BAC8B627CB4539594962973C.lzma

All the steps advised (verifying cache in both Steam UI and Launcher), optimizing cache, reinstalling entire game, disabling aintivirus (firewall is disabled by default), marking-unmarking 64-bit version, in english or portuguese (I am from Brazil) were done. No effect until now.

I'm posting logged with Internet Explorer to ensure the browser is accordingly configured.

Just a quick note. I had this issue for 2 days and had to use a proxy to get on the website to access support. 

I contacted my Isp and they stated that somehow you guys (DE) had blocked my isp's complete subnet. idk how it happened but after a couple days I was able to play again just fine. 

Might want to look into this. Shout out to [DE]Nathan for the awesome support throughout the past few days.

Edited by Whip_It_Good

On 03/11/2016 at 11:45 AM, Whip_It_Good said:

Just a quick note. I had this issue for 2 days and had to use a proxy to get on the website to access support. 

I contacted my Isp and they stated that somehow you guys (DE) had blocked my isp's complete subnet. idk how it happened but after a couple days I was able to play again just fine. 

Might want to look into this. Shout out to [DE]Nathan for the awesome support throughout the past few days.

How could I contact directly [DE]Nathan? The analyst in charge of my request is not answering anymore and everything he asked me to do was either already done or I did just as he suggested.

It's 8 days since the launcher started to get errors on my machine. I lost Halloween event and I am afraid to lose the "War Within" events as well.

I don't know what to do :(

Edited by phpsena

since 1 week i cant play warframe cause this bug. i play warframe through steam. at first few days my launcher was stuck in update screen and i can't post a request in support site cause i cant login there too. now since 3 days ago my launcher can reach the login screen but when i put correct login information and try to login, it shows each time that login failed, check your info. also when i try to login in warframe support it says  Login Error: BLACKLIST: IGNORED TAR  and i cant also login in support site too. so i cant contact de on this issue. so hoping please someone or any DE employee could help me and others so many players who having same problems. today i used a vpn and i could login to game and play it. but after few hours even i was using vpn, i start to having that same issue again. also this problem not only in warframe, this problem effecting other games as well. like my match history is stuked in loading in league of legends. but when i used vpn earlier today i could open match history in league of legends and also i could login to warframe, but when again later today that problem came back even when i was using vpn, i could not open match history in league of legends and also i could not login to warframe. now since few hours again my launcher is stuck in update screen   and after sometime it shows ur update will restart shortly , but the update never restarts.

Edited by eziowar3

Im guessing they started blanketbanning IPs that have too many failed login attempts. Since quite alot of ISPs use subnets resulting in thousand of users using the same public IP, a quite large portion of players have been unable to update their launchers or login to the website(5 guys entering wrong login credentials for example results in IP ban for possibly hundreds of players).

I am also writing this using a VPN service as i have been unable to login for ~6-7days now. All they have to do is to unban everyone and disable the auto-ban software but i have a feeling they wont be doing that anytime soon.

Just updating my case:

During the last week, the error " Bad LZMA stream in /Warframe.exe.7EF14CC6BAC8B627CB4539594962973C.lzma " gone away, but the errors " Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault02.level" (and for objects MoonObjSpyVault01-03 as well) came back. No action was made, so I think that all previously adjusted settings in Internet Explorer had no real effect when applied.

Support still not answered me since wednesday. 

EDIT: running this monday night the Launcher, I had only the following error on Launcher.log:

"Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonObjSpyVault02.level!0BF_r7D0uhlNnG5WmnoRKw+sEQ

[Warning]: 1 stripped assets still pending preprocess"

Maybe until next week all files would be downloaded :/

EDIT 2: a couple of hours ago, i tried to update the game. On the third try, even receiving the same error message ("...content could not be downloaded from servers..."), apparently the downloads were finished and I could log on game.

Saying again: absolutely nothing was changed on both my machine and my internet connection.

As the game and Steam will have their scheduled maintenances today, I will see tonight if i get the errors again. But for me it is the definitive confirmation the issue is from Warframe servers.

Edited by phpsena
Updating error status

23 hours ago, mahoraz said:

Im guessing they started blanketbanning IPs that have too many failed login attempts. Since quite alot of ISPs use subnets resulting in thousand of users using the same public IP, a quite large portion of players have been unable to update their launchers or login to the website(5 guys entering wrong login credentials for example results in IP ban for possibly hundreds of players).

I am also writing this using a VPN service as i have been unable to login for ~6-7days now. All they have to do is to unban everyone and disable the auto-ban software but i have a feeling they wont be doing that anytime soon.

then I wonder what will happen to me and my brother cause we play under the same router and sometimes I even let him use my notebook cause mine is better than his.own... =o

On 3/4/2013 at 11:15 AM, [DE]Glen said:

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 5 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

3) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working; IE uses the same code that Warframe uses so it's a helpful test.

3a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

3b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

4) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

4a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

4b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

5) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

======================[ NOTE ]======================

If nothing helps please attach your EE.log and Launcher.log files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe to a support ticket: http://support.warframe.com/ -- this is essential to understanding what's going on.

Hey Glen,

TWW isn't updating for me and a few others on the forums; 

Went over here and tried everything, nothing worked, will send a log in tomorrow about this. Hoping it can get fixed soon.

Trying to play since yesterday.
" ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT "

I've tried:

Reinstall the game
Verify the game files on steam

Verify the game files on the laucher

Otmize

Deleted all IE stuffs(chache, history, etc)

Reconnect the internet

Reboot the router/modem

aaaaaaaaaand still not working.

2 days without playing, just because i have some free time this week, ahaha.

Sorry for bad english. Still waiting the fix. :( :( :( 

@edit 

:( 

Edited by lucasgandolfi

這麼說吧!我經過一星期的努力!上面說要怎樣怎樣的??都沒用~~

怎樣改系統裡面的東西都沒用!

我就把win10系統重新安裝了~然後用純淨的系統~

重新下載程式安裝!現在已經解決問題了~希望對你有用!!

Well, the Launcher update crashed for me again, as it was until Novemeber 7th..

Now the error shown in Launcher.log is:

"Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Characters/Tenno/Ninja/NinjaDeluxeBody_skel.fbx!0FA_yDE1t1m0YvVoEUJsXXeOOw

Again: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has changed on my machine. I just can't download this file.

And I thought I could have this weekend to get the missing parts of gear that will be vaulted...

EDIT: the problem is gone again, but I did not change anything, as the last time.

Edited by phpsena
Updating error status

Launcher is freezing on "checking for updates"
HTTP GET /origin/12F12191/index.txt.lzma
Could not send request for /origin/12F12191/index.txt.lzma (ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT)
Could not get /origin/12F12191/index.txt.lzma

Launcher and Game Engine version is 2016.11.21 18:58

Edited by Reyer

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.11.2016 at 10:33 PM, lucasgandolfi said:

Trying to play since yesterday.
" ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT "

I've tried:

Reinstall the game
Verify the game files on steam

Verify the game files on the laucher

Otmize

Deleted all IE stuffs(chache, history, etc)

Reconnect the internet

Reboot the router/modem

aaaaaaaaaand still not working.

2 days without playing, just because i have some free time this week, ahaha.

Sorry for bad english. Still waiting the fix. :( :( :( 

@edit 

:( 

Oh man, i can really understand you... 

Have the same problem here, did the same actions with the game, aaaand still nothing. Wrote a ticket to support, hope DE will notice thats something going wrong, because i had only 40-50 minutes when i could connect to the game and play. In the whole day. Thats really not cool.