Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

i have a new problem , first forgive me for my bad english .
when i want play the game i must open the launcer , but  when i was trying to play i must wait for update , even that game is up to date .
it always do same after i was restarting my computer and open it again it will dowloading new content again after it finish i can play. but when my computer restart it will happen again. always download the files about 9 MB . what am i downloading? . is there any solution? please help me to find out this trouble .. and very-very sorry for my super bad english

Edited by SuperSquad

Update Failures

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 15 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working.

2a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

2b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

3) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

3a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

3b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

4) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

5) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly...

over and over and over and.......

I get this too. I've tried clearing my cache, redownloading, disabling bulk downloads, and disabling 64-bit (even though I'm running on a 64-bit OS). I have tried waiting, it's been almost a week since the update. Oddly enough, I've never been able to actually play because it seems that this update and only this update is causing the problem. I'm using decent Internet in a fairly populated area, so that's not the problem. The launcher will stay up indefinitely, so it's not crashing. I'll try a DL on my other PC and see if that works.

Any luck on your other PC, Wafflesquad?

No, the graphics card won't support it so the launcher won't even attempt the download. I got Steam to download something though, I hit "Verify Cache Integrity" and it downloaded 1.2 gb worth of files. Didn't fix the problem though, I'm going to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it then restarting my computer.

Update Failures

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 15 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working.

2a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

2b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

3) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

3a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

3b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

4) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

5) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

I've tried every single one of these and more, still not working.

I've now tried installing Windows Update, disabling all firewalls, restarting my computer, and every and any other method that people claim has worked. It's still not working. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to ideas.

Edited by Wafflesquad

Hey guys, well since the admins wont actually answer our cries for help, i belive i found something that might...... as you know, i have encountered the "Infinite Update Loop", but recently i tried this solution and it worked for me

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/30542-solved-update-failed-problems-how-about-a-manual-patch/

Hope it helps you oaks, cheers

Has anybody tried Templish's method and been able to launch and run the game?

Well, I did try using a proxy, but I'm not sure I did it right. Everything worked fine until the proxy site kept failing to load, at which point I consulted another proxy site, most likely typing in the wrong proxy for the proxy switcher thing. So, in summary, it didn't work, but I did it wrong, so maybe doing it right will result in better results.

Also, I didn't try the .bat thing because if the devs say it's a bad idea, they're probably right.

Well, I did try using a proxy, but I'm not sure I did it right. Everything worked fine until the proxy site kept failing to load, at which point I consulted another proxy site, most likely typing in the wrong proxy for the proxy switcher thing. So, in summary, it didn't work, but I did it wrong, so maybe doing it right will result in better results.

Also, I didn't try the .bat thing because if the devs say it's a bad idea, they're probably right.

yea, dont do the .bat thing. that is not the solution.. i used the colombia proxy and i now can play warframe, but still pissed cause i lost my LOG IN streak....... but try the method, it worked for me and it should work for you, if it doesnt, let me know, i'll try find another way for you oaks to play this game

yea, dont do the .bat thing. that is not the solution.. i used the colombia proxy and i now can play warframe, but still &!$$ed cause i lost my LOG IN streak....... but try the method, it worked for me and it should work for you, if it doesnt, let me know, i'll try find another way for you oaks to play this game

I'll try doing the procedure right this time, the reason I did it wrong at first is that I couldn't figure out how to input a server into the program. Do I use the IP? What do I use?

Edited by Wafflesquad

I've found that whenever I update, it never completes the loading bar - when I went into the task manager and closed the process, it would come up with the error handler and another loading bar, then resume the loading process. I noticed that when downloading, my received data would download at a multi kilobyte rate, then drop to bytes after a while. IF I keep ending the process eventually the update finishes. Nothing major, but a bit of a hiccup...

You may want to add this to the list at the beggining. It seems that IE internet options are quite important to this game.

Before i changed those settings i could not launch the game even once because of "Could not connect to server" error. After turning them off game works perfect. I found that two other games also have issiues with those setings (League of Legends for example), but cumplete list of internet settings are listed on their support site.

Internet Options (from control panel or IE) -> Advanced -> scroll down to section security
-> here i unchecked 3 checkboxes:
- warn about cerificates adress don't match
- check if server certificate have been reverted
- check if publisher certificate have been reverted

Actual parameters name may differ from what i posted here - you may use other fersion of IE and my system is in polish language so my translation may not be ideal.

Edited by UfoL

THIS, happened a couple days ago, then started working again, but then, another patch, and the recurring problem appears its head again, how long till the fix this time?

dang ! exactly the same for me , started working but whenever some new update is released this error shows up again, took like a day for me to get it working and now with new patch released , i am getting this error again. Its quite frustrating.

Last Friday's update I had to re download war frame to get it to work. Mind you, even after redownload it took 6 tries to update.

I don't want to have to re download the game every time there is a new update.  Granted it only takes two hour, but I don't have the much free time to play so it is frustrating.

Edited by Spinner187

I'll try doing the procedure right this time, the reason I did it wrong at first is that I couldn't figure out how to input a server into the program. Do I use the IP? What do I use?

well wat i did, was go onto

www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

and then copy the IP address from a server you like (i did colombia) and the paste that IP address into the PROXY SWITCHER LITE and then press CONNECT TO PROXY....... then run the update as you would normally...... and then, hopefuly, it will work for you

You may want to add this to the list at the beggining. It seems that IE internet options are quite important to this game.

Before i changed those settings i could not launch the game even once because of "Could not connect to server" error. After turning them off game works perfect. I found that two other games also have issiues with those setings (League of Legends for example), but cumplete list of internet settings are listed on their support site.

Internet Options (from control panel or IE) -> Advanced -> scroll down to section security

-> here i unchecked 3 checkboxes:

- warn about cerificates adress don't match

- check if server certificate have been reverted

- check if publisher certificate have been reverted

Actual parameters name may differ from what i posted here - you may use other fersion of IE and my system is in polish language so my translation may not be ideal.

I tried this and it didn't work. It did something different though.

well wat i did, was go onto

www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

and then copy the IP address from a server you like (i did colombia) and the paste that IP address into the PROXY SWITCHER LITE and then press CONNECT TO PROXY....... then run the update as you would normally...... and then, hopefuly, it will work for you

Well, I did it right, I think, and it still didn't work. Back to the drawing board...

I still cant update it until now,stuck on "Downloading New Content" part.And what does IE has to do with solving the update problem?

I dont get it,i open up IE and go to warframe website then what? I just dont get the rest of the part.Can somebody please help me?

IE is useful to the troubleshooting process because it uses some of the same bits of Windows that Warframe uses, so if IE works, they know those bits of Windows are fine. You'll need to be more specific: exactly what is the error, what have you tried, what solution are you trying right now?

If you haven't already seen these, here's some help: 

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/23309067-Can-t-Patch-Update-General-Launcher-Troubleshooting

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/23625883--6-Game-Updating-Patching-Problems- 

Those links might help you.

Problem:

Endless "Checking for updates..."

I observed that on the log it mentions two files:

http://origin.playwarframe.com/index.txt.lzma

and

http://content.playwarframe.com/Lotus/Language/MOTD_en.rtf.lzma

And none are copied to the respective folder, what i did then was copy them, and at the same time i checked for their existance, but as soon as i open the updater, the files are deleted, and it stays the same.

No proxy, nothing is restricting access, nothing has changed from yesterday, and i was playing yesterday.

Well, I'm sad to say I'm done trying to get it to work.  I didn't do anything differently on my side - one day the updater was just permanently jacked.  I've uninstalled, re-installed, modified settings and changed things in IE (never even USE it, I'm a Chrome man :)) so many times I've lost track.  It's pretty frustrating (and sad).  Hopefully it'll be fixed and I can play the game in the future, but with the absence of any clear way to actually get the game working I don't know what else to do but stop trying (P.S. to any dev's reading - the bug report link from Glen doesn't work, it just tells me I'm not authorized to view the page).  

Good luck to everyone on the thread that still can't play - hopefully they'll fix it.  I'll check back later.