Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Listen guys, if you have the same problem as me "infinate update loop", then try downloading a program called "SPOTFLUX"..... just tried it and my update worked (my last method worked, but then the recent update didnt work with it)

for people just joining us

suggested ideas that work for some people but not a complete solution

-restarting computer

-turning off 3rd party anti-virus or play with the firewall settings

-fixing IE options (reference page 1)

-clearing temp files by using CCcleaner

-validating files / clearing game cache (WARNING: THIS WILL MAKE YOU RE-DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME)

-disabling checkbox for 64bit and/or bulk download

-using a proxy

-using regedit and changing values https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33336-for-anyone-with-the-endless-checking-for-updates-problem/  (<--- DO NOT attempt if not tech savvy, you could mess up the way your computer starts)

-using spotflux (reference page 7 of this thread)

-fixing .bat file http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/6219-checking-for-update-europe-players/page-7#entry46648
(only for people who do not use steam)

Feel free to post more solutions I have not mentioned

also admins said any of the above procedures are not complete solutions and any sucess was merely coincedental, unless it really is fixed for you, in that case. mazeltov.

also someone on page 5 mentioned a very gold suggestion

RetrinancE: I need to know why can't they just upload a manual update somewhere and let us replace the files/folders ourselves?

devs do you know what "files" we can't obtain automatically if so why not put it all in a rar and send it our way with a procedure on where to implant it.

After trying all of these Ideas and still getting in the endless update loop. I finally had a friend load me his updated folders and just switched the updated files out with my ones I could not update and now I can play. Only other thing I suggest that I know for a fact will work.

Ok, this is getting rediculous. I have spent a couple of days just trying to play the game, only to be stuck in the Update Loop of Doom. None of the workarounds, fixes, or launcher patches have made any difference at all. Reopening my support ticket with my latest log file, though I'm starting to wonder if this game is worth all the trouble I'm having to go through JUST to play the game!

Strangely, I did nothing and the game launched as intended.  I ran the infinite loop (and update failed) several times via the Steam launcher, verified integrity and downloaded another 1.4 GB (already done this several times) but it still failed.  Then it started telling me the .exe couldn't be found.  I jumped on the non-Steam Warframe launcher, it updated - checked for content for about 15 minutes and then allowed me to click "Play".  

I ran the game, closed it and tried again this morning and I was able to access the game and play an entire match.  I'm back to how it was a couple weeks ago.  I did nothing, just like when the problem started surfacing.

Steam has now completely fixed itself.  The only thing I did differently (since trying and failing on Steam last night) was un-check the "Run as Administrator" option.  I was trying everything I could thing of a while back and forgot to undo that portion (which seems to have caused the Steam launcher option to think there wasn't an executable   Other than that, I did nothing and the standard Warframe.exe from this site and the Steam launch option both are working like they did two weeks ago.

Ive never played the game and i also keep getting the Update failed message. At this point in time the update is taking hours longer then the initial download which was only about half an hour. Im rele excited to play but also bummed that this is being so difficult :/

okay so I got a new official win 7 image and i redownloaded the game, it works fine now.

to be honest...how many people here do NOT have an official copy of windows.. don't be shy.
nowadays, programs that you want to install, will not install or patch correctly due to the user having a fake copy of windows.
the windows firewall and software admin check won't work properly.

same thing happened to me when I tried to install rosetta stone

So does anyone intend to actually address this problem? I would be willing to spend money on this game if not for the fact that it can take me up to 24 hours after every single update to actually get this game to run. Absolutely ridicuous and i have 157 hours played. I suspect i will have this weekend update working about 6 hours after the event is actually over.

I had to ship my computer, so I installed this on my wife's laptop from the Warframe site (as opposed to Steam). The initial download and installation went fine, but I can't update at all.

Here's the ticked I submitted:

I installed Warframe on an HP Pavilion g7, but the launcher cannot complete updating. I let it crash and retry 10 times with this error message in the launcher:

"Update failed

The preprocess pass appeared to crash."

I let the crash handler run all 10 times. Seven times it returned error WAR-44073, the other three times WAR-43910.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/23309067-Can-t-Patch-Update-General-Launcher-Troubleshooting but still have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Warframe has Crashed!

Update Failed!

These are the errors I've been getting since yesterday after installing the game. It downloaded the 2gb fine at a very high speed but I've yet to actually get this thing to work.

I don't know where the log is in my computer, and sending the crash details fails as it can't connect to the crash server or something like that.

Is this a known issue? Are you updating the game or something? Because I have no idea if I need to wait it out or actually contact you guys.

Someone help when it downloads to 95-97 % It gives the message Update failed! Some content update could not be downloaded from our servers it was working fine yesterday and this morning I wanted to play warframe and gives me this message :(

Someone help when it downloads to 95-97 % It gives the message Update failed! Some content update could not be downloaded from our servers it was working fine yesterday and this morning I wanted to play warframe and gives me this message :(

Same here