Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Update Failures

facebook page "warframe ph" replied: try uninstall reinstall, raise ticket if unsuccessful..

I have done this reinstall thing like thousand times but it didn't help at all. I have wasted enough time on fixing this but the problem is still here. This is ridiculous!

This is really frustrating! The fact that I can only play this at night. Worst! I just wasted a lot of time and money now waiting, hoping that the launcher would finally push through. What's wrong Tenno? What's wrong warframe? Do you tend to keep us waiting? Just like everybody else here, I really wanted to play. But I don't think anybody is trying to fix this problem.... *sigh* I should have gone to sleep earlierinstead.

hmm..still no replies from founders or developers..lets just wait for 24hours and hope that everything will be back up..if our login rewards are reseted, that's what they need to fix..  :(

• Datoo
    Jul 13 19:18

I cant update my warframe properly, if it doesn't go into a loop of retrying again it just stops and says "update failed" had this problem with the update for the drone event got it to work when i unchecked the Enable 64bit mod on the settings but now it does not work. Right now when i click the Aggressive download it downloaded a few mb and then goes into update failed, I did this a couple of times and got the total update files down to 430mb I no longer know what to do and forums don't provide any fix in this issue.

• Still cant update, isn't there a way to download the updates manually or something?

July 14, 2013 23:31
DECaio
WARFRAME Support
  • Hello Datoo,

The files you sent me are not the right ones. Could you please send me these files below so I can better analyze the issue?
    You can just copy and paste the address below (according to your OS version) into any Windows Explorer window:

- Launcher.log and EE.log:
    Windows Vista, 7, 8: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe
    Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe

Please just attach them to this ticket by using the Attach file button, so I can take a look at it.

Thank you!

July 15, 2013 11:48
Datoo
  • Cant see the Launcher.log

side note: I reinstalled a couple of times problem still persists

tnx

•  
July 16, 2013 06:49
Datoo
  • I am also able to download the mini updates, the ones that are no more than 5-10mb but when it comes to the huge ones like update 8 and 9 it only downloads a little portion then stops and either goes:

Update failed!
    Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.
    The update will be restarted shortly...

or simply

Update failed!
    Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

then the play button becomes retry

July 16, 2013 06:53
DECaio
WARFRAME Support
  • Hello Datoo,

When you run the launcher, it generates the Launcher.log. I can't see the errors you are getting without it. Check the warframe folder again for the log.

Thank you

July 16, 2013 11:22
Datoo
  • Got it

•  
July 16, 2013 20:30
DECaio
WARFRAME Support
  • Hello Datoo,

Your log shows: ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT while trying to download certain files.

That error means that there is something on your PC blocking the connection attempt. This is usually a firewall blocking the launchers attempt to connect. Please add an exception in your firewall and antivirus to the Launcher.exe, Warframe.x64.exe and Warframe.exe. Also make sure to check your proxy settings by going searching for Internet options on Windows control panel and then on the Connections tab - LAN settings and make sure use automatic configuration script and proxy server are Unchecked.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if it does or if you need further assistance!

July 17, 2013 11:12
Datoo
  • did what you suggested and added warframe to my firewall exceptions and anti virus, when i checked my LAN settings everything was already unchecked, restarted, run the Launcher in administrator mode and nothing. still does not download the huge update 9 stuck at 405MB.

Before I came back to submit a reply, I tried a few things:

*Turned off the firewall and AV
    *Removed the router and went directly to my modem
    *Unchecked 64bit mode in the warframe settings
    *Unchecked all in the warframe settings

(I did all this using the settings you suggested for my LAN and fire wall exceptions)

hope this gets resolved I seem to be missing out on a lot of alerts

Thanks your time

•  
July 17, 2013 12:21
DECaio
WARFRAME Support
  • Now you are getting ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT (which explains the long waits for some files).
    Have you tried to reboot you modem yet? Unplug it for about 20 seconds and turn it back on and wait it to refresh the connection. This could fix the issue, let me know.

July 17, 2013 16:59
Datoo
  • Did not work

•  
July 17, 2013 21:46
DECaio
WARFRAME Support
July 18, 2013 11:04
Datoo
  • here you go

•  
July 18, 2013 11:10
DECaio
WARFRAME Support
  • Hello Datoo,

I see only Bit Defender being a software that could be preventing the launcher from working properly. Yet I would advise on you quitting your torrent software while trying to update/play.

Let me know if you have added expections on Bit Defender.

July 19, 2013 14:20

Datoo
  • already did, i did it when i added exceptions on my fire wall even turned it off along with my browser and torrent warframe update was the only program running

July 19, 2013 20:09

this is what I got when i sent a ticket, still waiting for the next reply, try some of what the support staff gave might work for others. (Playing at PH as well)
Edited by Datoo

seems that the stand-alone server is the one that had errors..i did nothing but the game is up and running..didn't even bother uninstalling the game because of all the posts i read that it didn't help..well..back to hunting and farming..i just hope this does not happen again...  :)

Hi,

Haven't read all 13 pages yet so it might have been said before, but just a FYI that helped me download the updates without any problems.

I disabled Bulk download and Agressive download in the launcher options and after that the update downloaded super fast without issue.

Hope this helps some people.

/CenturionPrime

• 2 weeks later...

It's still not working?

I haven't been playing for more than 3 weeks due to holidays and now I did the update and at the end it gives this error message with "Update failed. The content server unavailable... etc" as before.

How can it be fixed?

So a friend ran into the same problem, with constant failing of the updates. However a solution was found, although I have no idea how or why it worked.

>This applies only to people who use Warframe over Steam.<

The persisting problem was "Update failed. The content server is unavailable" and various combinations of verifiying the files via Launcher or Steam did not work.
So for a lack of better Ideas I suggested not starting Warframe from the Steam library but manually from the of location the Warframe folder over the Launcher.exe.
This actually did the trick. If the game is started via Steam, there is still the same problem, but launched manually over the Launcher.exe from the folder ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools it works just fine.

Maybe this will help some of you people.