Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

So a friend ran into the same problem, with constant failing of the updates. However a solution was found, although I have no idea how or why it worked.

>This applies only to people who use Warframe over Steam.<

The persisting problem was "Update failed. The content server is unavailable" and various combinations of verifiying the files via Launcher or Steam did not work.

So for a lack of better Ideas I suggested not starting Warframe from the Steam library but manually from the of location the Warframe folder over the Launcher.exe.

This actually did the trick. If the game is started via Steam, there is still the same problem, but launched manually over the Launcher.exe from the folder ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools it works just fine.

Maybe this will help some of you people.

It works! Thank you very much :).

For those of you having issues with updates,  my problems with it were just solved by deleting the files in

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Cache.Windows

I'm on windows xp so you will have to adjust to where your OS keeps the folder. What I did though was closed warframe down, went to that folder and deleted everything in it, then started warframe back up. I had to do a 2gb download but it fixed the problem and I can get on now.

This is very frustrating. There are lots of people who cannot download the update, for unknown reasons. My launcher will start downloading the update, for a very, VERY brief moment, maybe a nano second. Then it shows me this screen:
"Update failed!
The content servers are temporarily unavailable.
ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
The update will be restarted shortly..."

Before I had verified the integrity of the game cache, it would at least say, "Checking for updates," and the bar would get a little less than half way through the screen, and that would be very brief. Then it would notify me that the update failed, and would restart again shortly, but that ended up in a continuous loop. So I had verified the integrity of the game cache, and now it gives me the message above.

And if this plays a factor, I am from the Northeastern Coast of the United States. I'm going to go check my logs, and if I see anything suspicious, I will send you them in a help ticket. I'm probably going to send you the logs anyway. I hope you guys can fix this soon.

EDIT: I had restarted my computer, because one of my programs that helps keep my computer running smoothly notifies me once a week to restart my computer if I haven't restarted it at all that week. Normally I do turn it off whenever I am not using it, or if I do not plan to come back to it for a few days. However, I'm getting side-tracked. When I turned on my computer, I checked to see if the launcher had been fixed, and, fortunately, it was. :D
So, as an additional way to fix your launcher, try restarting your computer. That means going to your start menu, and clicking "Restart." That does not mean turn off your computer by holding the power button and turning it back on the same way. Hope it helps guys.

Edited by SethA007

So...  I have tried EVERYTHING from following DE_Glen's advice for this topic, uninstalling to reinstalling, Restarting, Shutdowns, Windows updates...  RE-DOWNLOADING the entire game...  For a whole 24 hours I have been trying everything, yet it's all for nothing.
Currently, my best option would be waiting for the next update, but I REALLY do not want to wait a whole month for that.  

As if my frustration couldn't get any friggin' worse.

-----EDIT----

I got the Launcher and Update to work by clearing duplicates that I found and downloading again...  But I'm still miffed I missed the Catalyst BP Alert o the day of the Livestream because of the inconvenience...  :/

Edited by MonoRainbow

I just came back from a trip. The last time I updated was before operation Arid Fear, and I've never had problems with the launcher/updater before this. Now, I'm trying to update and I'm getting that 'update failed' loop. I do not have Internet Explorer installed, so I haven't tried any steps related to that. What I *have* done is run windows update and deleted and reinstalled Warframe. When that failed to help, I validated the cache's integrity through Steam, and found that there were 45 missing or otherwise unvalidated files, so I waited for that to be fixed. I checked for validity right after the update was finished, and everything was alright. After running the launcher again I still came up with the same problem. I checked for validity again, and the same number, 45, appeared.

At any rate, if It's needed I suppose I could install IE just for the tests mentioned, but if anyone can come up with anything else to do i'd appreciate it.

EDIT: I Installed IE and ran through all the steps with that too and nothing helped.

Edited by StrangeLob

• 2 weeks later...

Today is 9/2/2013, update failed over and over and over. i have tried reinstalling both from steam and from the website, tried going into the game files and running from launcher as administrator, and am currently running it after clearing the cache folder. nothing has worked and i doubt this will work.

Problem: Launcher cannot download update. Pretty much like: Update failed. Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Doesn't work even after I restarted my launcher, pc, router, deleted temporary internet files. Am I the only one having this problem?

My launcher has not been able to connect to the content servers since yesterday morning. I looked at this topic and tried uninstalling/reinstalling warframe, but it's still not working for me.

Update failed!
The content servers are temporarily unavailable

ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

The update will be restarted shortly...

Hi Guys,

im having the same problem.

the Launcher keeps saying "Update failed" and it keeps retrying. i uninstalled and re-installed like 3times now and nothing helps. Both Steam version and non-steam version.

tried changing the DNS as well but nothing helps. please give us a solution asap