Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

and how is that ?

- Ping the warframe login and content server (warframe.com and content.warframe.com) to see if there any problems with the connection.

- Try to use IE (bear with it) to browse the forum and the main site to check if there are any problems with certification.

- Change your DNS to other provider, like Google or OpenDNS.

- Try to use VPN, in case of bad connection to US servers like PLDT's case.

- Ping the warframe login and content server (warframe.com and content.warframe.com) to see if there any problems with the connection.

- Try to use IE (bear with it) to browse the forum and the main site to check if there are any problems with certification.

- Change your DNS to other provider, like Google or OpenDNS.

- Try to use VPN, in case of bad connection to US servers like PLDT's case.

to ping i clicked [ windows+R] then i wrote [ping warframe.com] & [ping content.warframe.com] then ok.

-[ping warframe.com] this gave me -->[Request timed out.]

-[ping content.warframe.com] this gave me -->[Reply from 205.185.216.10: bytes=32 time 97ms TIL=55]

i tried the other solutions [ using IE to browse the forum and it loaded perfectly & changing my DNS to google and the game still giving me the same error].

what should i do...?

to ping i clicked [ windows+R] then i wrote [ping warframe.com] & [ping content.warframe.com] then ok.

-[ping warframe.com] this gave me -->[Request timed out.]

-[ping content.warframe.com] this gave me -->[Reply from 205.185.216.10: bytes=32 time 97ms TIL=55]

i tried the other solutions [ using IE to browse the forum and it loaded perfectly & changing my DNS to google and the game still giving me the same error].

what should i do...?

How about trying VPN?

i tried it and didn't help

the error is still the same

I tried to uninstall the game and install it again, still the same error

I copied the game from another pc [ which is already opening the game ] and tried to open the game from it and still the same error..

is this problem have any other solutions ?

last update it updated about 300mb and it disconnected  since then it stay 's vefifying chache  today its checking for new content and download dont work it restart alone and give me this  message 

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.
Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly...

Edited by Silver-Skull

• 3 weeks later...

When i try to update i get this error message.

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable

ERROR_INTERNET_CANNONT_CONNECT

The update will restart shortly

And it try's to restart but it goes in a endless loop and just fails over and over is there a solution for this?

When i try to update i get this error message.

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable

ERROR_INTERNET_CANNONT_CONNECT

The update will restart shortly

And it try's to restart but it goes in a endless loop and just fails over and over is there a solution for this?

All I know about the problem is that there are something wrong with your connection, either on firewall, ISP, or even your Windows configuration.

Make sure every connection to and out of Warframe launcher and executable is allowed on your firewall settings, use other DNS than your ISP's, turn on your Windows' uPnP, and lastly, try to use VPN (Spotflux is a good one).

Thanks for the reply, but i'm not all that familiar with ISP, DNS, and uPnP, and VPN. Sadly i don't even know what it means if you would please try putting it in a more "Simpler" context. :D

Sorry about that : ).

Let's see... Maybe tutorials would be more comprehensive rather than my own words, so here we go : )

- Do you use any firewall besides Windows'? If no, just allow Warframe's launcher and main program to goes through the firewall; here's how to configure it: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.html

If you're using another Firewall rather than Windows' (either bundled with anti-malware or standalone), please refer to their sites or Google it with keyword "allowing a program through FIREWALLNAME firewall".

- For DNS, you can use Google's (8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.) or OpenDNS' (in the tuts). Here's how to change it: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/15037-dns-addressing-how-change-windows-7-a.html

- For uPnP, make sure it's activated for your network. Here's how to check and activate it: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001367.htm

- Lastly, VPN; prolly it's the last thing you can do yourself before contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Here's how to use one (Spotflux is by far the easiest I knew). Kudos to Scherhardt and Spacecake06. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/201765-slowest-update-ever/page-2#entry2349064

Edited by Athros

Before the actually patch i could play without problems (if you does not count all the crashes that Crashframe have gain time by time, sometimes i was able to finish just 1 match over the 100 i started.. but that is another story..)

Today i opened the launcher and i'm starting getting a Kernel32.dll error that can't find the entry point (GetLocalProcessorInformation or whatever it's).

Actually that happen with the NEW warframe.exe file, while with the old one that does not happen.

Ok, i can't play that goddamn game (AGAIN..), there is a fix or i need to rage all over the forum about it and wait 1 month before i can play again?

Before the actually patch i could play without problems (if you does not count all the crashes that Crashframe have gain time by time, sometimes i was able to finish just 1 match over the 100 i started.. but that is another story..)

Today i opened the launcher and i'm starting getting a Kernel32.dll error that can't find the entry point (GetLocalProcessorInformation or whatever it's).

Actually that happen with the NEW warframe.exe file, while with the old one that does not happen.

Ok, i can't play that goddamn game (AGAIN..), there is a fix or i need to rage all over the forum about it and wait 1 month before i can play again?

Do you happened to run Skype while playing?

I still can't update the goddamn game. Still no updates yet, or a fix. Do you want me to quit this game?

Also Athros, the problem is itself into the game .exe file and not on windows, because BEFORE this patch i was playing without problems at all..

I still can't update the goddamn game. Still no updates yet, or a fix. Do you want me to quit this game?

Also Athros, the problem is itself into the game .exe file and not on windows, because BEFORE this patch i was playing without problems at all..

If it is, have you tried validating the game files? Even if the problems are rooted back to the game files, it could be happened because of conflict with other programs or even some part of Windows itself, hence the steps listed on the tips.

Edited by Athros

Even if i validate the files, it still remain that the last downloaded file is "warframe.exe" and it cause that error.

I have tryed to copy the old version from my wife's PC and it work because it start to load, BUT, since the warframe.exe i used is from a previous version the launcher start to download the new one and when that happen and is complete, the error happen. There is something that need to be fixed but it's not from my side, it's from the dev/game side..

If it is from the game side, it would affect everyone with no exception. Considering that there are only some cases like yours, it could be originated from your system (which I honestly don't know what's wrong with it). Your system is maybe not to blame, but there's something on your system (either by Windows or other programs) that conlicted with WF's executable.

Well, let's try the executable from my system; here it is bit.ly/1tcRNnW

Ok i tryed yours and still do the same error.

Also, i can't make a verify because either way it pass trought the warframe.exe file and it give again that error.. i have tryed to reinstall already 3 times but still don't work.

The game is #*($%%@ up somehow by the update not by my system, because if it's my system in any way, it should have affected from the start and not AFTER A PATCH..

ALSO, this is happening on my wife's PC too, so it's not my system...

Edited by lBryanFury

Is it the already updated or the older one?

It's the updated one of course : )

EDIT : Just start thinking it both ways; even if the game executable were faulty, why does it run in many other case? Maybe that there are something that indeed coded faulty in the exe, that somehow won't work on your system, but running perfectly on others.

Edited by Athros