Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

It's the updated one of course : )

Well it does not work (also thank you for the try), it start to download AGAIN the warframe.exe file

No matter which warframe.exe file i put in, the launcher will start to download a new one each time.

The error happen on my PC and my wife's one with the same kind of error..

Something is not working, so make it work, make a fix, something, because that is completelly unbelivable.. a patch ago all was fine, now nothing is working..

Well it does not work (also thank you for the try), it start to download AGAIN the warframe.exe file

No matter which warframe.exe file i put in, the launcher will start to download a new one each time.

The error happen on my PC and my wife's one with the same kind of error..

Something is not working, so make it work, make a fix, something, because that is completelly unbelivable.. a patch ago all was fine, now nothing is working..

It could your launcher that is somehow faulty. Do you use Steam or non Steam version?

Here it is; http://bit.ly/1pebMFh

It's my launcher files, hopefully it would worked. Just paste it to X:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Warframe (replace the X with your Windows installation drive). Also, what anti-malware and firewall do you use? If you can, enter both the launcher folder and Warframe's main folder to its whitelist/exclusion list, just to be sure.

I'm really confused... I forgot to ask, what is your Windows version?

the same i was ever using until this last patch, WinXP(32)

Anyway, i'm re-downloading ALL from scratch for the 4th time... let's see what will comes out -.-

the same i was ever using until this last patch, WinXP(32)

Anyway, i'm re-downloading ALL from scratch for the 4th time... let's see what will comes out -.-

That, my friend, seems to be the problem. Unless you're properly updated to SP3, from what I've searched, you're prone to this kind of error.

How can this be a problem if until last patch it was all working correctly? I have no sense...

Well, Windows XP is already outdated... And M$ themselves had already cut their support with it, sadly... IDK how it works, but most of those cases had the same occurence; it happens on XP or Vista that hadn't properly updated. : /

Well, Windows XP is already outdated... And M$ themselves had already cut their support with it, sadly... IDK how it works, but most of those cases had the same occurence; it happens on XP or Vista that hadn't properly updated. : /

The fact it's outdated does not explain at all or justify the fact that the game is #*($%%@ up from a patch to another..

What is REALLY changed from the last patch and this one? I have everything updated, nothing is changed, but NOW i can't play, before i was able to.. so asking again, what is really changed from a patch to another?

I've never had an issue with downloading updates until today.    I was actually on playing when the update was being released.    I was in a mission during the update and finished 5 minutes or so after the update had been released.   I logged out as usual and closed the game.  

When I opened the launcher it looked normal for a second then the download just stopped @ about 0.2 / 7 MB.   I had to leave for a bit so I left it there thinking it was just a hiccup.   When I came back it was pretty much the same as I left it.  I closed the launcher and tried again but received the same result.

- I rebooted my computer and power cycled the modem.

- I tried flushing the dns

- I checked permissions on my firewall (I even disabled firewall temporarily)

Nothing seems to work so far.

I noticed that it does initially start downloading but stalls out rather fast.   It will show:

" Downloading Updates   ......................  0.0 / 7 MB  ~  12 KB/s "

but will quickly drop down to 0 and then speed indication disappear altogether.  Occasionally I will see the speed pop back up for a brief moment and it might jump up to 0.1 / 7 MB but at this rate it would probably take days or weeks to download the update :(

I am in Toronto so I'm not far away and on a Rogers highspeed connection.

I am seeing some others, with what appears to be the same issue, slowly speaking out in other threads.

I tried again around 10:30am today and it started working.   It downloaded the updates but froze on the load-up screen before the login.   I could only close it by brining up the task manager and ending the process tree.   I tried again and the game loaded up normally.

For me, it seems fixed.

Today the patcher downloaded AGAIN ANOTHER version of warframe.exe but the error still stand..

Didn't got any reply at all from the first post i made.... it seems that the staff doesn't care at all, so i guess i'm going to quit the game forever..

Edited by lBryanFury

I too, am having this problem.  It starts at 12B/s and starts dropping until it hits 0 and just sits there in an unchanging launcher.

I tried checking my router, going over my UPnP and forwarded ports, reviewed my firewall permissions, ran as an administrator, tried switching between DirectX11 and 10, tried changing from bulk downloads and regular, tried verifying using both the launcher and steam, uninstalled and reinstalled, and still nothing has worked.

Last night, I was able to run the game fine after the patch, but as of this morning I have been incapable of running the game.

EDIT:  I just did a comparison to other executables I have with similar update features, and there aren't any problems with them.  Something is up with Warframe.  Hope I actually get a chance to participate in this weekend's event... I really don't want to miss it because of a patch error.  I've been really excited for a new event!

EDIT2:  After a lot of trial and error, I just switched modems.  It is working again. O_O

Edited by Ithloniel

I too, am having this problem.  It starts at 12B/s and starts dropping until it hits 0 and just sits there in an unchanging launcher.

I tried checking my router, going over my UPnP and forwarded ports, reviewed my firewall permissions, ran as an administrator, tried switching between DirectX11 and 10, tried changing from bulk downloads and regular, tried verifying using both the launcher and steam, uninstalled and reinstalled, and still nothing has worked.

Last night, I was able to run the game fine after the patch, but as of this morning I have been incapable of running the game.

EDIT:  I just did a comparison to other executables I have with similar update features, and there aren't any problems with them.  Something is up with Warframe.  Hope I actually get a chance to participate in this weekend's event... I really don't want to miss it because of a patch error.  I've been really excited for a new event!

EDIT2:  After a lot of trial and error, I just switched modems.  It is working again. O_O

i hope i dont have to do that to make my launcher work

There is definitely a problem somewhere between the connection  at Warframe's servers and some area's. I seen another person with this problem say they are from Toronto and I'm also from Toronto with the same issue.  

I've flushed, renewed, released, reset, cleared, and just about everything in-between with no progress on a solution to this problem. My ISP is denying there is any issue with my connection and telling me I should have my computer looked at by an expert if the problem persists.  No computer connected to my home network can patch or download the game's client from this website.  

The only means I have to play is to tether  my connection through my phone and the game works fine but even with extremely fast LTE doing easily 3mb/sec download, there are times when there is large amounts of in game lag. Namely when building things in dojo and selecting dark sectors.  Normal zones appear to have no difficulty at all.

I can only assume the issue is localized and somewhere traffic is just getting dropped for some user's but someone really needs to look into this. I only have so much bandwidth on my smartphone  DE.

hmm you'd think us being in the same province wouldn't be having such problem with connecting to their server i dont have the speed nor data use my phone to play so I'm going to have to wait for when ever they decide to fix this issue i wish someone from DE would address this at least  you know just to give ETA on when it can be fixed

At first, i've downloaded the game, and it start to patch, but then, Update Failed, please restart Warframe....

And i just keep restart the launcher over and over and over, same problem. So i decided to uninstall the game and download it again, see if it works.

And now i'm having extremely slow downloading speed. I'm having a 8mb/s connection and i have a capped download speed at 800+kb/s. But now i'm only having ~200kb/s.

And my internet settings are the same as the time i started to play Warframe, so i can say that this is not because of my connection.

And now i'm having extremely slow downloading speed. I'm having a 8mb/s connection and i have a capped download speed at 800+kb/s. But now i'm only having ~200kb/s.

IDK if you're up to your name or not, but 200kb/s is already fast enough to download it all (try download it all in Indonesia, then you will thankful for that speed). Try using VPN (Spotflux is a good one), maybe it's because your ISP. Some ISP (so far in Phillipines, but not limited to) have problem with Warframe's server.

IDK if you're up to your name or not, but 200kb/s is already fast enough to download it all (try download it all in Indonesia, then you will thankful for that speed). Try using VPN (Spotflux is a good one), maybe it's because your ISP. Some ISP (so far in Phillipines, but not limited to) have problem with Warframe's server.

My ISP is not the problem here, i can still download stuff with speed capped at 800kb/s. I Trired Firefall and capped at 800kb/s, just to see that my connection is working at it should.

And as i've said, i've played Warframe before, i just uninstall it and now i just start to play it again. All of my settings is the same as before.

My ISP is not the problem here, i can still download stuff with speed capped at 800kb/s. I Trired Firefall and capped at 800kb/s, just to see that my connection is working at it should.

And as i've said, i've played Warframe before, i just uninstall it and now i just start to play it again. All of my settings is the same as before.

Some ISP (so far in Phillipines, but not limited to) have problem with Warframe's server.

Got lazy.