Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

I)  There needs to be a downloadable bulk file to install instead of 'just a downloader'.  Otherwise sharing the game is a *@##$ at gatherings, and simply frustrates everybody there.

II) The game needs to be compatible with steam.  Otherwise 'VERIFY FILES' in steam causes STEAM to re-download the entirety of files.  DON'T give me all the crap about "Just run it from the batch file"....  IF 90% OF YOUR NEW USERS ARE DISCOVERING THE GAME ON STEAM.....  MAKE IT COMPATIBLE !!!  You are losing customer-base daily.

III) Servers are slow...  Your fan-base can help with this with mirror sites & fileserv, etc. Use them.... Do something to help, this is ridiculous. 

IV)  I am a relatively technical person, not uber-tech, but I usually get the job done...  With that said, I've tried copying directories and some other support files to move the info from one PC that is working to another that is not.  AND IT NEVER WORKS.  I really don't care why anymore.

I supported 4 people playing this game.  NO MORE>  done.

bye.

I)  There needs to be a downloadable bulk file to install instead of 'just a downloader'.  Otherwise sharing the game is a $#*(@ at gatherings, and simply frustrates everybody there.

II) The game needs to be compatible with steam.  Otherwise 'VERIFY FILES' in steam causes STEAM to re-download the entirety of files.  DON'T give me all the crap about "Just run it from the batch file"....  IF 90% OF YOUR NEW USERS ARE DISCOVERING THE GAME ON STEAM.....  MAKE IT COMPATIBLE !!!  You are losing customer-base daily.

III) Servers are slow...  Your fan-base can help with this with mirror sites & fileserv, etc. Use them.... Do something to help, this is ridiculous. 

IV)  I am a relatively technical person, not uber-tech, but I usually get the job done...  With that said, I've tried copying directories and some other support files to move the info from one PC that is working to another that is not.  AND IT NEVER WORKS.  I really don't care why anymore.

I supported 4 people playing this game.  NO MORE>  done.

bye.

Try this one for number IV :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249895-tips-methods-for-backup-restoring-and-converting-warframe-steam-and-standalone-version/

I don't understand, I opened IE and it was fine on the site, I just have problems, when I open the launcher there are no patch notes or any words other than checking for updates, then it has a 0/256KB on the right and it says update failed it will retry in a couple moments or something like that, but there was one time where it did load and it took me to the login screen and I input my password and it took like 5 minutes to load and when it did it said "Login failed. Check your info" and I know for sure what my password is but just in case I had reset my password and it still did that... My step dad (at a different location) has this same problem.

Edited by DrRhino9

Ok my problem has been resolved. It was strange, all I did was opened up the launcher and it seemed to have deleted itself or something because it had a 4063MB download. But it seemed to has deleted its data and re-download it.

Guys!!! The reason your update keeps failing is because the update replaces the "Launcher.exe" the best thing you can do to update is

1st: Close any web browser or anything else that will use your net.

2nd: turn off/Disable your antivirus and sandboxing programs

3rd: Update warframe (ONLY)

4th: Turn on your antivius again.

5th: enjoy warframe XD

Edit:   I already Posted a pic for an earlier update issue on this forum. use that, and this method togeather Also Add "Launcher.exe" to the Exclusions

Edited by King_Shinobi

Guys!!! The reason your update keeps failing is because the update replaces the "Launcher.exe" the best thing you can do to update is

1st: Close any web browser or anything else that will use your net.

2nd: turn off/Disable your antivirus and sandboxing programs

3rd: Update warframe (ONLY)

4th: Turn on your antivius again.

5th: enjoy warframe XD

Edit:   I already Posted a pic for an earlier update issue on this forum. use that, and this method togeather Also Add "Launcher.exe" to the Exclusions

I've tried these steps, resetting my cache, restarting my computer and everything. Nothing works.

I've tried these steps, resetting my cache, restarting my computer and everything. Nothing works.

then im not sure, i know the majority of the issue is the antivirus program due to the Launcher.exe / wareframe.exe being changed during the start of the update.... but i cant help you with much else soz

then im not sure, i know the majority of the issue is the antivirus program due to the Launcher.exe / wareframe.exe being changed during the start of the update.... but i cant help you with much else soz

Its a real shame there's no manual way to patch for people with these problems.

"Update Failed"

"Content Servers are temporaly unvaileble"

"ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

"the update will restart shortly"

a weak or two ago I decided to go back to warframe after a month pauze and I'am getting this everyday from then when I try to updatethe game with Steam, when I download it from warframe.com I get a Windonws Installer Failure, and well, I'AM F*CKING INTO THIS GAME AFTER UP.14, I WANT A KUBROW ! please help me 

Meeeh i've litrary closed all my set up anti virus cookies to accept all i've got 4virus deleted in my pc but still warframe just wont start my idgaf about my pc igaf about my warframe account i've send a year and alooooot efforts on it u14 came and im sitting here doing nothing just waiting for over a week without warframe.

Since Saturday I can not access the game first tried to access my data and talked to verify that they do not tavam wrong, I tested the same data on the site and there was no problem, I created another account to test and same problem, then I tried to reinstall the game by steam and al beginning "ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT" appears when you try to upgrade, I disabled my antivirus like 5 times in many ways and nothing same error, I sincerely enjoyed the game, but it's been almost 36 hours I'm trying to play and not find a solution.

Note: Neither the game download site is working '-.-

Edited by TatsuOni