Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

hey guys, I am from Brunei Darussalam, that's in Asia and not middle east and I can't play warframe because of the update. I was playing it yesterday and now can't play. I verified my game files with steam n it re downloaded and that didn't help at all. 

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly...

over and over and over and.......

Still getting this problem after 2 whole days T_T My last resort is letting steam validate the files and if that doesn't work, I don't know what else to do :\

Hey I just downloaded the game yesterday and it installed just fine, but when I went to open the game and it downloaded the update it said update failed, some content could not be downloaded from the server. I've browsed the forums for awhile and everyone seems to agree the problem is on the server's end. Does anyone know when this should be fixed?

What does it take to get a freaking DE response on this? I feel like there are a ton of people having this problem and we've all done the suggested DiY fixing with little to no improvement.

I completely understand they are super busy but when a thread is labeled 'hot' in the forums something is obviously wrong.

1.3 gb of corrupted files fixed later and nada.

Edit

Did another Steam validation. Something seems to be going wrong with the updater and it is causing the files to be corrupted. I am now redownloading another 1.1 gb of corrupted files.

Edited by Steemship

I have tried all these "solutions", but i still seem to have a problem with the update. it says "UPDATE FAILED! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. The update will be restarted shortly", and then repeats this process ( failing then this messgae), untill it stops retrying. Please help me

I have tried all these "solutions", but i still seem to have a problem with the update. it says "UPDATE FAILED! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. The update will be restarted shortly", and then repeats this process ( failing then this messgae), untill it stops retrying. Please help me

If you have Steam, go into your Library and right click on Warframe on the left. Then hit Properties, Local Files, and finally hit something like "validate these files." It should tell you how many files failed to validate and then it will redownload. I had the exact same problem as you and this worked for me.

Help ! I keep getting this message,

"Update Failed, some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. The update will restart shortly"

I keep getting this over and over again and it countinues to restart download and then finally stops.

This is the third time i downloaded this game from steam and the first 2 times i uninstalled and re-installed this game because of the same reason and now i get the same error. The game works fine after freshly installing it but this error shows up whenever there is an update to be downloaded.

Some people said that " try after some time, servers might be busy", i did that too ( tried after 10 mins, 30 mins, 4 hours , 10 hours and after a couple of days) but in vain. Tried turning off Anti Virus, Firewall, DEP, restarted steam and PC several times, cleared game cache but to no avail.              :'(

THIS, happened a couple days ago, then started working again, but then, another patch, and the recurring problem appears its head again, how long till the fix this time?

If you have Steam, go into your Library and right click on Warframe on the left. Then hit Properties, Local Files, and finally hit something like "validate these files." It should tell you how many files failed to validate and then it will redownload. I had the exact same problem as you and this worked for me.

I just tried it, but the problem is that when i do that, it re-downloads the ENTIRE game, and then it give me the same message over and over again, as before....... i'm honetly getting annoyed cause everyone i know has downloaded the patch, but only i cant(which is weird cause i downloaded the second most recent patch no porblem)............ WTF

Edited by Templish

You guys have it lucky.  At least the launcher tells you why the update isn't working.

For some reason the version of the launcher that I have doesn't even give me a reason why the update failed.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I tried a couple of things, and for some reason it blames a Network Timeout.  But switching internet connections doesn't fix it.

Did the guys in the Warframe Staff update things between yesterday and today?  Because it was working just fine yesterday, and I'm not sure what happened to make it suddenly stop working.

Edited by MusicGamer

What does it take to get a freaking DE response on this? I feel like there are a ton of people having this problem and we've all done the suggested DiY fixing with little to no improvement. I completely understand they are super busy but when a thread is labeled 'hot' in the forums something is obviously wrong.

I know right? many people have this EXACT problem (updater wont update) and no one seems to be doing anything....... games like DOTA2 and many others have no probem updating for myself and i'm willing to bet for all of you aswell. Look, the warframe guys, if yuo going to release a game, PLEASE FIX PROBLEMS LIKE THIS. We all have the same problem and i've rbeen reading the forums daily to see if there is a response to my message, and the only response is one from ANOTHER PLAYER... seriously!?!?! Where are the people who are supposed to be fixing this damn thing? I havent been able to play this game for 2-3 days, which is hard cause its a great game.......... my friends, who regularly buy stuff dont wana play without me, so u guys are losing some cash, bt its ok right? its just one person.... oh wait............. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!........ look guys, just sort the damn problem out, stop worrying about adding maps and warframes and mods, etc, cause most people cannot play the game.......... 

I know right? many people have this EXACT problem (updater wont update) and no one seems to be doing anything....... games like DOTA2 and many others have no probem updating for myself and i'm willing to bet for all of you aswell. Look, the warframe guys, if yuo going to release a game, PLEASE FIX PROBLEMS LIKE THIS. We all have the same problem and i've rbeen reading the forums daily to see if there is a response to my message, and the only response is one from ANOTHER PLAYER... seriously!?!?! Where are the people who are supposed to be fixing this damn thing? I havent been able to play this game for 2-3 days, which is hard cause its a great game.......... my friends, who regularly buy stuff dont wana play without me, so u guys are losing some cash, bt its ok right? its just one person.... oh wait............. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!........ look guys, just sort the damn problem out, stop worrying about adding maps and warframes and mods, etc, cause most people cannot play the game.......... 

Seriously i totally agree with you. This game have a very long time to test and working quite well until they try to upgrade. What is the point for upgrade when people cant play their game ? I have same problem, try everything i can and nothing work ...

Finally i got a solution for this issue.

Try steam. Install it then upgrade it. It will frozen when reach 97% or somewhere around that. Close it. Go to game library, right click on warframe > properties > Local file and Verify Integrity Of game cache. After that restart then the download will be finish. I try and it work for me. Maybe you should try :)