Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

En 4/3/2013 a las 11:15, [DE]Glen dijo:

I need help with my account, since the update of today, the time of alerts, smelting, invasions and others does not progress, I follow them and repeat every time, I do not know what is the cause of the problem, now I can not manufacture anything, I need help, urgently.

Edited by Anarkalex

I'm experiencing the same problem, except I'm in Italy, also can't load warframe.com, anything else loads just fine. I did a full reinstall too (and rebooted, rebooted after resetting IE/browsers settings, rebooted router, etc...), nothing changed. Worked fine yesterday.

EDIT:

Launcher.log says it couldn't send the request, ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT, sites like isitdownrightnow say "The server doesn't allow access to the page... "

EDIT2:

Aaaand it seems to be working now after re-re-rebooting the router?

Edited by MechFreak

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to update my warframe but everytime at 101 kb left i get :

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly..

as a message.. and it wont go past the 100kb

Hi,

I tried installing Warframe on a new PC earlier today and the launcher is now consistently giving the "Update Failed" error. I've tried all the crazy methods that people have listed over the years to try and fix it and nothing has worked.

I did a test run to create a fresh launcher.log, and let it try once to update and then quit immediately after it failed. From the resulting log, I can see it is getting errors trying to pull a file from content.warframe.com:

6.125 Sys [Warning]: GET /Lotus/Characters/Solaris/SolarisUnitedHazardUnit/SolarisHazardBody_d.png!5A3_R--WN04TQEXg5oDuiPQYEA HTTP/1.1
6.125 Sys [Warning]: Host: content.warframe.com
6.125 Sys [Warning]: Connection: Keep-Alive
6.126 Sys [Warning]: 
6.126 Sys [Warning]: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
6.126 Sys [Warning]: Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 12:20:05 GMT
6.126 Sys [Warning]: Connection: Keep-Alive
6.126 Sys [Warning]: Accept-Ranges: bytes
6.126 Sys [Warning]: Cache-Control: public, max-age=86400
6.126 Sys [Warning]: Content-Length: 1764369
6.127 Sys [Warning]: Content-Type: application/octet-stream
6.127 Sys [Warning]: Last-Modified: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 22:56:37 GMT
6.127 Sys [Warning]: ETag: "1aec11-574aefcc3252a"
6.127 Sys [Warning]: X-HW: 1538137205.dop006.me1.t,1538137205.cds011.me1.c
6.127 Sys [Warning]: 
6.127 Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Characters/Solaris/SolarisUnitedHazardUnit/SolarisHazardBody_d.png!5A3_R--WN04TQEXg5oDuiPQYEA

This repeats 4 times for a total of 5 attempts, all with the same result. Directly after this, the log shows the launcher shutting down and freeing memory.

I guess there is absolutely nothing I can do on my end to resolve this, if it truly is a bad file on the server that is causing the update to fail. Can someone at DE please look in to this?

Thanks

Update:

A day and a half after I first experienced it, this is still happening. No way to update, the launcher keeps failing. I'm going to be unable to update and get on to do the devstream Gift of the Lotus alerts now because my game doesn't work. 😭

Update 2: 4 days later and still cannot update. Support ticket #1431487 logged over 3 days ago, no reply or feedback.

Update 3: Finally got a reply from support, but I may as well not have. Only suggested trying all the things I already have trie, like the ridiculous changing language and changing back, etc etc. Still cannot update, so cannot launch the game.

Final edit: It magically sorted itself out, 6 days after seeing the problem for the first time and being unable to launch the game. In the future if this is happening to you and you find yourself here - all I can suggest is that you wait. No amount of changing language, verifying cache, etc etc did anything. You just have to wait for your local CDN edge to timeout and get a new copy of whatever file(s) is/are corrupted in the distribution.

Edited by rejjAU

• 2 weeks later...

not going to try and read 55 pages - new update just hit tonight, unable to log in due to update failure.  Game will not start.  Will not complete update.

assume that this is due to the update push on a Friday night but who really knows.  3GB+ update does not work... and all I wanted to do was play. 

Sucks. 

Really all I can say.

My warframe launcher never gets past the checking for new content phase. I was downloading the most recent update piece by piece by having to reset the launcher every few minutes due to the connection dropping but eventually got to 4.5 mb left however now the launcher just locks and eventually drops connection without ever downloading any more of that 4.5 mb. 

I have tried verifying, optimizing, changing language, resetting my connection etc with no success it is pretty dumb that I cannot even play the game at all anymore due to some issue on the warframe server side because before today I could update and play the game with 0 issues at all. 

Update failed

Some updates could not be downloaded from our servers

----------------

Is this a server side problem because I know its not my internet that is bugging out.. I've already tried to update about 6 times and it still wont update.. What is going on?

I'm currently attempting to update myself; I'm permanently stuck at 1.8MB left. Changing languages forces it to start downloading from 2.5MB, but each time it hits 1.8MB, no matter which language the client is, it fails to download that final 1.8MB. Optimizing failed, Verifying the Cache failed, language changing failed...

I'm really lost. I don't know what more I can do to troubleshoot this.

I'm currently attempting to update myself; I'm permanently stuck at 1.8MB left. Changing languages forces it to start downloading from 2.5MB, but each time it hits 1.8MB, no matter which language the client is, it fails to download that final 1.8MB. Optimizing failed, Verifying the Cache failed, language changing failed...

I'm really lost. I don't know what more I can do to troubleshoot this.

Edit: Been staring at this 1.8MB "Searching for Content" screen for about an hour. That, and the "Update Failed" screen. Made mention of this a couple times above at different intervals, but this one feels like it's completely locked. I've restarted my PC, changed DNS settings, changed the language of the client, toggled Aggressive Download, Bulk Download, Directx options, and toggled x64 bit download to see if it would resolve this. No luck on any of these grounds.

I'm going to bed. I'll try this again in the morning, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, -Wolfthorn- said:

dammit. yesterday: couldnt log in, now this...

I feel you brother, we had the same case. Yesterday i couldn't log in it keeps saying "Log-in Failed, Check your Info" after that the patch came and i though "Finally" but to my surprise it made things worst, now every-time i launch the Warframe after it checks update it will say:

Update Failed!

The Content Servers are temporarily unavailable.

The Update will restart shortly..

Admins/DE please fix this all of us wants to play already ☹️..