Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

On 2019-03-16 at 6:09 PM, HyperedNemo said:

I am also having this problem and ı buy some boosters They waste their time without using and nobody solute this problem 

Bro if you contacted DE they will eventually ask you to re-download the game, don't bother and just say it is till not working. It has been almost a month with no WF for me. 

DE support still working it out...

Fellow Tenno,

I have done it, after 3 weeks of no WF I ALONE FIXED the problem of updates failing.

Roll back to 2 weeks back when I read the error log files, and noticed that the problem was probably linked to a read/write with something of a cache.

Guess what, the DE support ignored it!

Ok so I don't have a whatever degree u need to do this crap, but I do have an engineering degree.

Anyway, this may not be a solution to you all but I will be as brief as I can on how I found a solution to this problem. 

I am using Windows 10 and only using the Windows Defender.

1. Go to where you can install and uninstall your programs, there you will need to search for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2xxx redistributable" (where xxx are numbers, like 2017 for example)

2. Find the ones with (x64) and go to modify and then repair. (in my case I only did the two recent ones [start with the largest 2xxx) .

3. If one was found to be broken the computer will need to restart so go and do that.

4. After the restart go to your windows defender and go to the "Virus & Threat Protection" -> Virus & Threat protection settings -> Controlled Folder Access -> Mange controlled folder access  -> Allow an app through controlled folder access 

5. From there go ahead and add Warframe.x64 (located in your steamapps/common/Warframe folder) as an allowed app

Also, go and add the Launcher as well which is located one folder further in: steamapps /common/Warframe/Tools

6. Run steam and start Warframe as you would normally do

7. Verify the cache from the launcher

8. Play the game.

Edited by Stillent
Made 4. clearer

1 minute ago, Stillent said:

Fellow Tenno,

I have done it, after 3 weeks of no WF I ALONE FIXED the problem of updates failing.

Roll back to 2 weeks back when I read the error log files, and noticed that the problem was probably linked to a read/write with something of a cache.

Guess what, the DE support ignored it!

Ok so I don't have a whatever degree u need to do this crap, but I do have an engineering degree.

Anyway, this may not be a solution to you all but I will be as brief as I can on how I found a solution to this problem. 

I am using Windows 10 and only using the Windows Defender.

1. Go to where you can install and uninstall your programs, there you will need to search for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2xxx redistributable" (where xxx are numbers, like 2017 for example)

2. Find the ones with (x64) and go to modify and then repair. (in my case I only did the two recent ones [start with the largest 2xxx) .

3. If one was found to be broken the computer will need to restart so go and do that.

4. After the restart go to your windows defender and go to the "Virus & Threat Protection" tab

5. From there go ahead and add Warframe.x64 (located in your steamapps/common/Warframe folder) as an allowed app

Also, go and add the Launcher as well which is located one folder further in: steamapps /common/Warframe/Tools

6. Run steam and start Warframe like you would normally do

7. Verify the cache from the launcher

8. Play the game.

11 hours ago, danielsubeng said:

Disable "Bulk Download" and "Aggressive Download"

does not work for me any other solution ?

22 hours ago, DarkStar16 said:

Fix:

Anyone having update issues: Disable "Bulk Download" and "Aggressive Download" .

One of those probably trips some wall somewhere.

On 2019-03-20 at 11:10 PM, DarkStar16 said:

It has been 2 days.

Please update your text to "Eventually...Maybe"

On 2019-03-18 at 10:06 AM, Valtrexlive said:

did every advice given on every forums websites everywhere, nothing worked! 

repairing direct x, repairing c++ after release date 2010

changing the language to every possible language on the list, 3 rd from below chinese whatever..

disabling 64bit version etc. etc.

nothing worked for me. than i remember what i did in problems like this in every game i have played with client and it worked smoothly and fast 🙂

i just connected my pc via my mobile phone network, clicked update and its done, yeah just like that. 

gl & hf

On 2019-03-16 at 6:09 PM, HyperedNemo said:

I am also having this problem and ı buy some boosters They waste their time without using and nobody solute this problem 

On 2019-03-15 at 3:58 PM, Hunter-Raj said:

I'm also facing same problem in PC 

Specs- 6 GB ram, 2gb Intel built-in graphics, core i3

It saying update failed, some contents could not be downloaded from launcher...after it downloaded like 250mb of update..it kinda go through 2.3kb and showing that message...

Plz DE fix this issue I faced this previous one also but I reinstalled this time it's not possible...anti-bug was one the great things I love this game...but it seems like I should quit playing Warframe..

On 2019-03-16 at 12:49 AM, Hunter-Raj said:

I don't think DE is still listening to our issues anymore nowadays...it's time to quit I think

Possible solution up top.

2 hours ago, danielsubeng said:

Downloading with mobile network

fixed the launcher bug for me

1. Not everyone might have a cell phone network, so in this case try to connect to any other network. (I tried using Starbucks wifi)

2. If your problem is with read/writing to files on your PC then a new connection will not make a difference. 

Can you make the game can update with steam?

Steam's download speed is very fast and your Client's download speed is very slow

I have asked this question many times and your Customer Service have not answered me

Your Customer Service same reply whenever I can't update every time

Tell me this is my problem and let me set up my computer like some method

Finally, recommend VPN to me

This has no effect at all

Never increased your server speed

On 2013-03-04 at 6:15 PM, [DE]Glen said:

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 5 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

3) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working; IE uses the same code that Warframe uses so it's a helpful test.

3a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

3b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

4) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

4a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

4b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

5) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

======================[ NOTE ]======================

If nothing helps please attach your EE.log and Launcher.log files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe to a support ticket: http://support.warframe.com/ -- this is essential to understanding what's going on.

done still waiting for someone to help me coz atm i cant play 

I noticed a realy huge damage drop of the Ogris rocket launcher, i using this as main weapon and it drops like over 33% in its total basedamage.  Is it possible to change it back, it realy dont feel right. From all explosive-launcher-typ-weapons it allways was the weakest, but now its even lower, this cant be an official change or is it ?

i opened the game and imidiatly got greeted with a error message, i closed the game but now i can't open it again 'cause steam says the game is runing

help pls

edit: i uninstaled the game and reinstaled it, but now the download won't complete cause the uninstaled warframe is aparently STILL runing!

Edited by ferferfer2

i have a problem with the update: first, the game was updated and when i started, the game doesn't open, i close de game and retry then the game updates again and now im stuck with a update for 5 hours with 54.5kb 

On 2019-04-06 at 7:38 PM, wiljamon said:

i have a problem with the update: first, the game was updated and when i started, the game doesn't open, i close de game and retry then the game updates again and now im stuck with a update for 5 hours with 54.5kb 

Seeing this right now, stuck on CHECKING FOR NEW CONTENT... 54.9 KB, and using high CPU doing .. something. Not using any disk or network though.

Edit: Tried running Verify Download Cache, now it's stuck on 21%, still using high cpu on a Warframe.x64.exe process.

Edit2: Getting this from `Preprocess.log`, seems like the corrupted files are tripping something somewhere. Can't find a way to repair, which probably means reinstall. Come on, it's not a small game, I don't have time to download 30GB, potentially after every update....

8.325 Sys [Info]: /Lotus/Materials/PostFX/Themes/EquinoxStyle_v.png is corrupt
8.325 Sys [Info]: /Lotus/Materials/PostFX/Themes/FortunaStyle_v.png is corrupt
8.327 Sys [Info]: /Lotus/Materials/PostFX/Themes/GrineerStyle_v.png is corrupt
8.332 Sys [Info]: /Lotus/Levels/Photobooth/VentKidHideout/LevelCapture_mm.png is corrupt
Edited by Bhyd

Will this S#&$TY download speed on that crappy launcher gets finally OFFICIALLY ADDRESSED

Im sick of missing sorties due to a stupid patch mid week taking 3 hours for 300mo, while this could be done in 5seconds with my fiber connection.

There is something definitly broken since a few weeks cause EVERY patch has been stuck at 5kbps with some short spikes to 150kbps.

stuck on launcher. cant play game. checking for new content, 128.7 mb… 128.7 mb… 128.7 mb… I close the game. try to open it again. app already running. restart my pc. open it again. 128.7 mb……… plz help.

Edited by NewWarrior36

• 2 weeks later...

Have gigabyte internet; connected via LAN.......1mb/s... while I was waiting for the download to finish I installed skyrim and a few mods, but this is just gross.

Note: The download didn't dip at all when downloading anything else. so yay?

Edited by Grizmoore

Another one for the long list of update failed, try again later. I repaired, instaled and reinstaled all my c++ visuals, uninstaled and reinstaled the game, tried everything sugested and absolutely nothing. not a single word from DE, absolutely nothing. guess i can't play warframe until this is fixed ...

9 minutes ago, Ryth12 said:

Another one for the long list of update failed, try again later. I repaired, instaled and reinstaled all my c++ visuals, uninstaled and reinstaled the game, tried everything sugested and absolutely nothing. not a single word from DE, absolutely nothing. guess i can't play warframe until this is fixed ...

I already made a thread about it.

7 hours ago, ziant1207 said:

for those who can't patch or update the launcher. try disabling auto proxy on windows setting / internet explorer. it worked for me.

tried that, did not work

10 hours ago, ziant1207 said:

it worked for me. well, i did say try, didn't guarantee it will work for everyone. only the devs can help you now.

thanks for trying. In 1 post you said more than the devs in 3 days .__.