Update Failures

2 hours ago, ------.Queen-of-Blades said:

The only problem here is a very, indecent super offensive slow download. 7gb that used to take minutes are now taking hours.
No work-around actually worked for me and I'm not in the mood to do space-magic to make it work, like summoning ancient demons or using Internet explorer.
I leave that to the hot-looking geniuses at DE.

I have the same problem. I'm trying to download 6 Gb for the last 2 hours at 162 KB/s. OK, my internet connection sucks, but mostly the time I download updates at 5 MB/s. I disable Windows 10 antivirus and allowed the launcher on the firewall, just in case.

Edited by JuanMz2

Ever since the patch this morning I'm getting errors about data corruption and it forces the whole download to start over. I followed suggested fixes I found by googling the error and none worked. I eventually went with the nuclear option that some suggested and attempted to uninstall and reinstall the game. Same error except now I have to wait for the 28+ GBs to download each time before failing again.

Yeah, getting a consistent 200 Mb downloaded, then it decides the update failed and will restart soon.  It never automatically restarts, but thankfully does keep download progress.

Of course the last time this happened I froze up on the last bit of the download anyway, and took dozens of attempts to get through.

I'm planning to set an autoclicker to try and hit the restart download button overnight in hopes it gets through the download.

Oh wow, I came here thinking I was alone on this. And the freaky part is the SDD where I installed is new. So it's been doing its dog and pony update failure thing for like 5 hours now. Deleted warframe, restarted and reinstalled. On first run it forces you to do the 6gb update and guess what? Fails and fails and fails. The DL speed isn't an issue with me but the fact that it's crashing consistently is. Really wish we could have say in how the download is handled, or maybe have a resume or something. 

In my case the 7gb download will finish up until 99% and then abort to tell me that the download was corrupted. I've tried several tips like disableing bulk/agressive download etc. but nothing has worked so far.

Download speed isnt an issue in my case, I'm getting 4-5mb which is normal for me, nothing has changed there. I just seem unable to complete the update process.

Yep, the launcher is bugged. Losing my patience with all options tested.

I read Steam client is even more affected, forcing whole game to be re-downloaded.

I warned people this "trimming" can be poorly handled but did not expect such a mess.

Waiting for reliable fix, not motivated to return to regular play sessions though, what was it - a first part of "trimming trilogy" announced? Yikes!

Alright, I followed the advice of switching off "bulk" as well and it got worse for some reason, looks like it put me to pre-HOD state, possibly?

The weight of files required make zero sense, what is even going on oof...

I also got redirected to: https://www.warframe.com/en/iofail before seeing this:

https://imgur.com/hCFz2Qi

[img]https://i.imgur.com/hCFz2Qi.jpg[/img]

Edited by Sannidor

I too have this problem, however, after 20 gig of repeated downloads, I tried one more time and... it said "warframe is up to date". Colour me surprised!

Still, a resumable download functionality is essential for anything more than a few hundred k in side, a 6 gig download that has to come in 1 chunk is mind boggling. At the very least it can be split into chunks, but resume (and therefore pause, for free) makes so much sense I can't begin to imagine why it was never put in.

I'm having the same issue, download stops at exactly halfway every time. Even tried the thermonuclear option of uninstalling and deleting registry files, and reinstalling. cleared every single cached file and still no dice.

Sent in a ticket and all I've had is an auto response so far.

My network is stable as I work from home and my work systems are so strict on stability they will not connect if even one packet drops. 

Edited by XxLordMordecaixX
16 minutes ago, XxLordMordecaixX said:

I'm having the same issue, download stops at exactly halfway every time. Even tried the thermonuclear option of uninstalling and deleting registry files, and reinstalling. cleared every single cached file and still no dice.

Sent in a ticket and all I've had is an auto response so far.

My network is stable as I work from home and my work systems are so strict on stability they will not connect if even one packet drops. 

From my experience saving Cache.Windows files backup on a flash drive saves time during wiping out and reinstalling Warframe.

I did it a few times and after allowing installer to create around 100 MB I was always able to stop the process, overwrite content of Cache.Windows folder and restarting launcher was able to recognize all files and only launch latest update if necessary.

Currently game does not seem to save progress point if it's aborted by error or manually.

Still waiting for proper fix.

Edited by Sannidor

I had troubles getting the 6GB update as well. Ended up reinstalling thinking it has the 6GB portion and I can bypass it like that...didn't.

What ended up working was unticking "bulk download" and "aggressive download", forcing the optimizing cache check and resuming download with "aggresive download" ticked (and bulk download unticked). No idea why, though. Update process looked suspicious, but worked out in the end. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So to give an update on my end.

After reinstalling 2 times and deleting all the warframe files I could find from my PC the update process worked. It was on the second try, the first attempt showed the same error message as before and I have no clue what was different about the 2nd attempt (or why I thought anything would change for that matter) :/

But hey... gotta get lucky I suppose. 

• Like 1

Having download fail at 100%, then restart and download all of it from scratch. Things I've done without success:

Uninstall/reinstall warframe, restart computer/router, ensuring everything is run in admin mode, C++ redistributable update, network/firewall settings checked, VPN disabled, network speed test shows things are fine, all drivers are up to date, windows updates up to date, letting it run overnight hoping ONE of the attempts would succeed, ensuring internet explorer microsoft edge works with warframe.com, sacrifice sandwiches to appease the hunger of Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, Azathoth and good ol'Shubby. Started a support Ticket.

Things I'm currently trying:

Deactivating Bulk Download and Agressive Download, & Praying for KosmKos to grant me eyes, to see the end of this now much slower download.

Edit: Nope, download/optimization finished, crashed once it finished that and tried starting up.

Edit2- Edit-tric boogaloo: OK, I had to DISABLE "run as administrator" for both warframe and steam in order to get things to run right. WOOO! INGAME!

Edited by lekgolounggoy
Stuff changed

Well, even though DE should now be painfully aware of the issue, I'll add my feedback as well.

Last night, updated. Each time got nearly completed and the launcher notified me that the download was corrupted and the download will restart. Launcher restarts, downloads again and same result. I also tried disabling bulk and aggressive download options as well. No difference. Failed over and over. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the game (not through Steam but direct download from warframe.com) and this seemed to work. However, when loading in, I went in to Navigation as is my normal login ritual to collect and redeploy my harvesters. The star map displayed a black screen, so I checked my inbox from there. After maybe a minute, the star map finally displayed and I got the normal greeting from my lich at that time. I haven't done more in game yet, so I cannot say if missions are bugged, but yeah, that was a test of my patience. So many gigs of data downloaded and so many hours of attempting and hoping the game would update as well as the extra huge download of the full install afterwards.

Edited by CedarDpg

Linux/Steam user here. I had the same problem that people have been talking about the past week.
I followed advice from another user and changed the proton version on steam and it finally downloaded.
Specifically, Proton 4.2-9 and 4.11-13 failed while Proton 5.0-9 worked.

For the past 2 or so months I've been having problems downloading updates that would (mostly) be fixed by changing the launcher language to anything other than English, then back to English before playing.  This last one though, same problems that people have been downloading with downloading 7-ish gbs then just failing and having to redownload (and/or optimizing the cache again).  Even changing language isn't working.

Alright, I'll be of no help here for now, I gave up on trying update with my system, downloaded it at my buddy's place.

First I transferred my Cache folder to his HDD, then copied updated files back to portable memory and finally onto my SSD.

It still took almost 11 hours for 9GB, slow servers maybe?

It seems to work fine for me now, hopefully another part of "ensmallening" won't be as troublesome.

PS I got usual welcome back greeting with 75% discount on Plat. Thanks, DE  :clap::awkward:

Edited by Sannidor
Thanks, DE

PC/Steam user. Corrupted download problem same as many. Deleted .cfg files and odd named folders in local data as per Warframe support suggestion. Optimized download cache. Tried to verify download integrity but have no idea when/how I am supposed to know when that is complete because anytime I click on it it says that a verify is pending, no matter how long I've left the launcher up. The launcher loops through the new update, gets to 100% after slow download, and then tells me everything is corrupted and starts again. Have uninstalled and reinstalled game through Steam twice now with the problem persisting.

Would be less pissed off if this wasn't a game that required real world time to get S#&$ done. It's been over a week since I have been able to log in.

when the frost and ember prime unvaulting went live I started the warframe launcher through steam, the update began to download then my internet when my internet cut out (common problem due to unreliable isp). When I reconnected to the internet again continued to download update my internet then slowed down drastically and the launcher now just says checking for new content with 249.4MB with no loading bar whatsoever.

hace 1 hora, EliotHunterBow dijo:

when the frost and ember prime unvaulting went live I started the warframe launcher through steam, the update began to download then my internet when my internet cut out (common problem due to unreliable isp). When I reconnected to the internet again continued to download update my internet then slowed down drastically and the launcher now just says checking for new content with 249.4MB with no loading bar whatsoever.

same problem... you are not alone

3 hours ago, EliotHunterBow said:

2 hours ago, Khumun79 said:

same problem... you are not alone

I though it was just me, been like that too, no matter what i try to do to fix it still stuck on 249,4mb left BUT noticed it is still downloading idk what or why..

I can't keep redownloading the game because of getting stuck on "downloading new content" every month. I have a 100 gb limit every month, it's frustrating. Yes, I've tried all the options people have listed on the internet. Verify cache also does nothing, I don't understand the point of it. Even Elder Scrolls Online, a game with terrible code, has a repair function that works, and I haven't even needed to use it for a long time.