Update Failures

9 hours ago, Wolfchild07 said:

I can't keep redownloading the game because of getting stuck on "downloading new content" every month. I have a 100 gb limit every month, it's frustrating. Yes, I've tried all the options people have listed on the internet. Verify cache also does nothing, I don't understand the point of it. Even Elder Scrolls Online, a game with terrible code, has a repair function that works, and I haven't even needed to use it for a long time.

And here i have 30gb limit and they keep pushing updates...which doesn't even work...i am fine with all updates but at least let me update, i don't understand how DE hasn't fixed it yet. when it is affecting their half of player base(just how carelfree these guys can be!)...tried everything anybody stated still no fix(except downloading whole freaking game) ...Notify me if something gets fixed or works for u

13 hours ago, dkwolf524 said:

I though it was just me, been like that too, no matter what i try to do to fix it still stuck on 249,4mb left BUT noticed it is still downloading idk what or why..

did something work for u guys??

Woaw 45 minutes to download a 250ish mb update with launcher downloading the same thing over an over because corrupted stuff ... i'm impressed DE, unfortunately not enough to hit the play button after this mess Off to path of exile it is, even if game stability is relative at least it's fun to play.

On 2020-10-01 at 11:10 AM, Spidy007 said:

And here i have 30gb limit and they keep pushing updates...which doesn't even work...i am fine with all updates but at least let me update, i don't understand how DE hasn't fixed it yet. when it is affecting their half of player base(just how carelfree these guys can be!)...tried everything anybody stated still no fix(except downloading whole freaking game) ...Notify me if something gets fixed or works for u

I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing. Took me almost 2 whole days to redownload it. It still got stuck for a while, but eventually finished. I didn't close it or verify cache or anything, just let it go until done. Frustrating and ridiculous but that was my last option.

On 2020-10-03 at 5:30 PM, Wolfchild07 said:

I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing. Took me almost 2 whole days to redownload it. It still got stuck for a while, but eventually finished. I didn't close it or verify cache or anything, just let it go until done. Frustrating and ridiculous but that was my last option.

mine did get better after new update came out ... but it still stuck at 249.9 mb but eventually completed in background in less than an hour(life saved)

Still stuck at 249.9 mb. Have tried all the usual shenanigans like verifying/optimizing the download cache, changing languages, and so on. No success so far. Don't really want to reinstall, as I had to do that for the last update.

Did anyone have any other ideas?

On 2020-10-07 at 8:42 PM, Crusher_Bob said:

Still stuck at 249.9 mb. Have tried all the usual shenanigans like verifying/optimizing the download cache, changing languages, and so on. No success so far. Don't really want to reinstall, as I had to do that for the last update.

Did anyone have any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Your cdn is blocking my launcher for no apparent reason. Can't even start updating because I get 403 (http code, means it's forbidden to give me the data based on some rule on their side). Tech support has been silent for 2 days (oh, they asked for logs, right, no response since). The website returns 403 as well, but only on Firefox, it works on chromium-based browsers.

On my wife's pc behind the same NAT the launcher works.

What the hell is this madness? Redownloading the game now from Steam, hopefully it was some local issue, but it is very weird.

EDIT: I was able to solve the issue on my end - for some bizarre reason I had the proxy set up globally, and the launcher happily used it without giving any other option.

Edited by vdrandom
On 2020-09-30 at 7:37 PM, Wolfchild07 said:

I can't keep redownloading the game because of getting stuck on "downloading new content" every month. I have a 100 gb limit every month, it's frustrating. Yes, I've tried all the options people have listed on the internet. Verify cache also does nothing, I don't understand the point of it. Even Elder Scrolls Online, a game with terrible code, has a repair function that works, and I haven't even needed to use it for a long time.

beside the 'tips' from the OP, you should try deactivating the 'bulk download' option from the warframe launcher - especially if you use any kind of wireless uplink to the internet (like 3g, 4g or even now 5g) - those are mostly the reasons for failed updates, not because you don't have the bandwidth but because of the protocol in use (no, not tcp or udp, but the one in use to control the distribution of the bandwidth and the availability of each uplink-point (your local antenna in this case) and possible vip-connection too). ofc, any kind of disturbances in the whole of all used networks (your on private one, the 'internet' part of the ISPs inbetween and the 'other side' where you get the data from) can lead to such probems too... so it might also be your wlan setup, your router (or, if in use routing tables), the ISP router at any node on the way or the server network with the data itself.

only thing thing you can do (or test against) are your own part of this (your network and your uplink to your ISP) though - evrything else, is upto those who operate those parts of the data-stream.

anyway... try without the bulk download and best, if you use a 'wired' method to connect to the internet, if possible. it sure would be nice if DE let us download patches manually too though - it would help many people with glitchy connections...

• Like 1

DE plz 🙏 help my Launcher is glitched i finally finished downloading the six gb update and it glitched and it not working properly it restart and restart again and again i'm a steam user i don't know if it because i'm a steam user

On 2020-10-24 at 5:31 PM, yousfrex said:

DE plz 🙏 help my Launcher is glitched i finally finished downloading the six gb update and it glitched and it not working properly it restart and restart again and again i'm a steam user i don't know if it because i'm a steam user

i redownload the game and it still glitching DE plz help

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

same problem here for the past two days or so. I even verified game download cache and stuck few time at the end of the update,~%100. 

Edited: I fixed by using above solution. In setting in the launcher, uncheck the 'bulk download' then do your update as normal. 

Edited by wickedsick17
solution

After switching languages to actually get a successful DL of the big update (idk why switching languages magically made it work, but it did), and getting stuck at either 156MB (Deutsch) or 159/149 (English, forget which), and optimizing my cache, I am stuck in a manual verify problem.

It gets stuck at 30%, and I have let it run for hours to no avail.

EDIT: Managed to cancel the verification, but still no dice on updating.

Edited by TheSixOfDiamonds
  • 2 weeks later...