Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Hello.

I have been playing normally (I was playing last night in fact) and today (2/9/2022) I got that old message:

Support for DirectX 10 has ended. We hope you can upgrade your graphics card soon!

Please see https://www.warframe.com/specs2021 for more information.

I already double checked and I have DX 11, like I said previously, I was playing last night just fine.

Greetings!

Looks like a known error crept in again - the launcher wrongly detects DX10, while the game is set to use DX11 for .... a long time. The complete error message is
"Support for DirectX 10 has ended. We hope you can upgrade your graphics card soon! Please see https://www.warframe.com/specs2021 for more information."

Opening the settings in this dialog it says very clearly "Graphics API DirectX 11", and of course yesterday the game did run flawlessly.

Cheers!

• Like 1

il y a 27 minutes, CorrosivePop a dit :

Hello.

I have been playing normally (I was playing last night in fact) and today (2/9/2022) I got that old message:

Support for DirectX 10 has ended. We hope you can upgrade your graphics card soon!

Please see https://www.warframe.com/specs2021 for more information.

I already double checked and I have DX 11, like I said previously, I was playing last night just fine.

il y a 11 minutes, Pideusnomy a dit :

Greetings!

Looks like a known error crept in again - the launcher wrongly detects DX10, while the game is set to use DX11 for .... a long time. The complete error message is
"Support for DirectX 10 has ended. We hope you can upgrade your graphics card soon! Please see https://www.warframe.com/specs2021 for more information."

Opening the settings in this dialog it says very clearly "Graphics API DirectX 11", and of course yesterday the game did run flawlessly.

Cheers!

Exactly the same, DXDIAG clearly indicates that I've got DX11 installed, I'm on a Geforce GTX 980 (still performing well, up to yesterday, partly thanks to your optimizations).

Worst part is that only the launcher updated, to block me from even doing the  (4gb ?) update, so please look at it asap and issue a new launcher version without that bug, as it can take quite a while to download, and many people might miss the daily nightwaves and other missions because of this.

Also, I'm not sure, given the current context in the "GPU world", that saying "We hope you can upgrade your graphics card soon!" can be interpreted positively by your customers...

For those rare blissfully unaware, the GPU costs have skyrocketed for various reasons, and now even the most basic and nearly end-of-life cards can be expensive or unavailable, depending on your luck and location.

Some blame "component shortage" (the manufacturers themselves, but then they do nothing to counter this lack ?),
some blame the "cryptobros" (and some claim they're free to do so - and burn by themselves the energy equivalent of a country like Thailand : 
https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption - since they "bought" the cards , but why would manufacturers sell to known "industrial miners" high volumes of cards with big discounts that not even the major retailers can get, when they KNOW they can sell these cards about as fast on full retail price due to demand, if not to create scarcity ?),
some remind everyone that during this time, the announced "Manufacturer's Recommended Retail Prices" were never followed by retailers or even "brands" themselves :  one type of card was supposed to cost $599 (MRRP), the brands (asus, gigabyte, msi, gainward, etc) sell it around $750-$780, the online websites put it at even higher prices, to get their margin, the people pre-order it, and wait....wait....wait... and never get their cards, because meanwhile, the prices went UP, and instead of honoring their commands, they prefer to sell the latest obtained cards at the new prices, and take new preorders, while not fulfilling the ones already made months ago by loyal customers, and only offer them to "refund" (lose your card at 1st price you paid for ages ago) or sometime even try to just "voucher" it (lose your card AND have to still spend that "coupon" into their shop in a limited time or you lose everything) depending on local consumers protection laws...
Some blame the scalpers (people who buy large quantities of something to cause scarcity, then are the sole purveyors of that something)  but then again, if they are left with that something unsold, because the manufacturers can keep supplying over and over, then they make no profit (Grofit?) and are just wasting everyone's time, and usable resources.

It's probably somewhere in the middle of all that, mostly "greed" from every part, from the manufacturer using this to raise the prices, to the miner using money/connections to get advantageous deals and make more virtual money, to brands riding the bandwagon and going "we might as well sell at higher prices, since we're not sure to have cards to sell next month due to 'shortage' ", to retail shops (online or IRL) wanting to sell more and more without fullfilling previous preorders, because that would be less profitable, to scalpers thinking "hey, i'm gonna watch these shops for available cards 24/7 and get it before anyone else, then I'll make a profit reselling it, then do it again and again until I'm a billionaire"

Now you can picture them all as Vay Hek : "Why are these fools still buying MY cards ?"

Maybe someday we'll get some sort of Benevolent Billionaire, like an IRL "Tony Stark", starting his own graphics card company to counter this, preferably on Earth, not Mars...

Meanwhile, Gamers may have failing graphics cards, and might be unable to replace, the "progression" of the currently in-use hardware is somewhat halted, meaning Developpers like DE cannot update their games like they would/should, else they abandon a significant part of their profit (if you can't play the game anymore, they lose you as a customer, and if you CAN buy a new card, that's as much money you won't have available to spend elsewhere, including on DE's offers).

I might be an idealist thinking that, but MAYBE Developpers should start "Unionizing" to lobby nVidia/AMD, as a whole, in an effort to let them know not to kill the "gamers" market-share. If no one uses the latest "*TX" technology in their games, then nVidia/AMD have pretty much nothing to show off anyway, except visual demos, and if it's known to the mass that the developpers WON'T risk their market shares by including something that WILL cleave at their customers bases, then people will spend more "serenely" on both current games and current gen hardware (staying with friends and community, where nearly no one has the "next-gen hardware") instead of "always the next-gen", since nVidia/AMD will be directly responsible for the "lack of next-gen equipped gamers" (either because of unavailability, or pricing, or both).

Just to remind you that MOBILE PHONE games made more profits than PC or consoles, for a while now, in spite of overall inferior graphics, designs, gameplay, and pretty much everything else. So, it's NOT the "next technology" that allow to make money in games.
Bringing RTX to Warframe would not make it earn more money, it MIGHT appeal to some high-end gamers that could discover it and maybe some of them would be "whales" (those that buy large quantities of premium currencies because they have a lot of $$$ to spend) but the effort/reward ratio of this being implemented by DE in Warframe would most probably NOT turn a profit given the current "demographics" of hardwares used by  gamers in general, much even less considering current hardwares of warframe players. As for the prospective "next-gen gamers" population, by the time Warframe gets RTX, it will be either "one of a few early games in a world with few players able to use it" OR "one of a ton of games already having it in a world with maybe a bit more people able to use it" .

As it is right now, it looks like the disparity between gamers will grow more and more, and it's grim for both developpers and gamers.

Just had a look back into history, where this bug already had its stage (in a very similar way):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1199570-directx-11-installed-on-pc-yet-detects-directx-9-and-wont-start/

That thread had been opened on 2020-06-11, and on the same day the fix had been implemented and rolled out:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1199617-the-deadlock-protocol-hotfix-2801/

Citing [DE]Megan: "Fixed launcher detection of DirectX 11 support on Windows 7 systems missing OS Updates."

Hopefully that fix can be applied again.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Pideusnomy a dit :

Just had a look back into history, where this bug already had its stage (in a very similar way):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1199570-directx-11-installed-on-pc-yet-detects-directx-9-and-wont-start/

That thread had been opened on 2020-06-11, and on the same day the fix had been implemented and rolled out:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1199617-the-deadlock-protocol-hotfix-2801/

Citing [DE]Megan: "Fixed launcher detection of DirectX 11 support on Windows 7 systems missing OS Updates."

Hopefully that fix can be applied again.

Yup, Awesome, seems this is now fixed, downloading the update right now.

*gives Pideusnomy a cookie*

Side note on that "Missing OS update" part : I, like many others it seems, have only a very few updates "missing" for my OS, and those are all bound to µ$oft """telemetry""" shenanigans, those non-critical and non-mandatory ones (and tbh, NON-recommended since they are known to be infringing on user's privacy rights). If it is indeed what I think it is, I'd recommend the Team at [DE] to not use those "new" methods of acquiring the user's version of DirectX (asking the "telemetry" what is the DirectX version), but instead keep to the old ways ( asking directly the system/DirectX) when it is possible... no doubt in the more recent OSes from µ$oft, that "telemetry" part has been made integral to the OS from the start, in spite of various international privacy laws, so it cannot be "removed" or  even "not added" by consumer's choice. Doing that check the "new way", when the "old way" is available, only gives some fake legitimacy to that "telemetry" thing.

For those wondering, "Telemetry" is the ....Politically Correct.... term for "spyware from big corporations".

Выше написали что  Hotfix 28.0.1 исправляет проблему с неправильным определением лаунчера DirectX 11 когда он установлен . Лаунчер Warframe видит почему то DirectX 10. Так вот где и как его скачать этот Hotfix 28.0.1 , если еще при старте лаунчер просто ничего не скачует а выдает сообщение о DirectX 10 на моем компе, которого у меня нет !! У меня установлен DirectX 11.  Лаунчер просто сообщает ложную ошибочную информацию и ничего не качает ничего, не обновляет , а просто замирает и всё. Что делать то ?!

Edited by Makenzin

Update 31.1.0: "Echoes of War" reintroduced the detection bug, which has been fixed with 31.1.2 - you should be able to download the current patch by just starting the launcher again (which then first detects and downloads a new launcher without the bug and then the actual game patch).

DeepL says:

Обновление 31.1.0: "Эхо войны" вновь вызвало ошибку обнаружения, которая была исправлена в версии 31.1.2 - вы должны иметь возможность загрузить текущий патч, просто запустив программу запуска снова (которая сначала обнаружит и загрузит новую программу запуска без ошибки, а затем собственно патч игры).

О чём  ВЫ пишите ?? что и как загрузить  ???  Что они там исправили  ??  я написал раньше и напишу снова - при запуске игры лаунчер Warframe сообщает что у меня видеокарта DirectX 10 и поддержка данного DirectX  окончена. У меня видеокарта с DirectX 12 (!) , а далее он просто зависает и ничего не качает .

Edited by Makenzin

• 1 month later...

I get this issue every time I try to launch with my VPN on. I can get in when I set it to certain servers but then matchmaking doesn't work. Yall cant expect people to keep their computers unsafe to run the game. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello , since last update im just wondering whats going on with mirage first ability (Hall of mirrors) . everytime im using an attack speed build for melles and use that ability on her i keep see black boxes pop`in in the corners of my screen , only when i attack with the melle weapon. (venka) any thoughts?

On 2022-12-02 at 12:14 AM, AKIF3RO said:

my game fails to update, it crashes the download and the following message appears; "Some of the update content cannot be downloaded from our servers." what can I do?

Click 'retry'. I had to do this a couple of times for the latest update.

5 hours ago, MrWickeeD said:

Hello , since last update im just wondering whats going on with mirage first ability (Hall of mirrors) . everytime im using an attack speed build for melles and use that ability on her i keep see black boxes pop`in in the corners of my screen , only when i attack with the melle weapon. (venka) any thoughts?

Wrong thread. See if anyone else has a thread with the same or a related problem recently and post there, or if such a thread doesn't exist, start one with the nature of the problem evident in the title.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine is getting a bunch of this in launcher.log

10.135 Sys [Warning]: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Cache-Control: public, max-age=86400
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Connection: Keep-Alive
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:01:01 GMT
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Content-Length: 363231
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Content-Type: application/octet-stream
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 16:41:20 GMT
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Accept-Ranges: bytes
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Age: 34605314
10.135 Sys [Warning]: ETag: "58adf-5bdd244f00b40"
10.135 Sys [Warning]: X-HW: 1671105661.dop020.sy2.t,1671105661.cds019.sy2.shn,1671105661.dop020.sy2.t,1671105661.cds203.sy2.c
10.135 Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Sounds/Vehicles/Liset/LisetFlight/NoraLiset/NoraLisetFlyBySlowA.wav!08B_2sqORM1Qw3ShLl7WgwuA9A
10.152 Sys [Error]: Fetch of /Lotus/Sounds/Vehicles/Liset/LisetFlight/NoraLiset/NoraLisetFlyBySlowA.wav failed!

And the launcher repeatedly saying

"Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly..."

Edited by FIRECATMON