Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Shotguns Considered A Long-Gun(Rifle) ?

Zyfe3rX

I mean why the hell are shotguns considered, a LONG GUN, i.e rifle ?

Arent shotgun a different type of guns ? Isnt there supposed to be a different kind of XP and stuff for shotguns ?

(Rifle XP getting added to Shotguns ?)

Because they are.

A long gun is a category of firearms and cannons with longer barrels than other classes. In small arms, a long gun is designed to be fired braced against the shoulder, in contrast to a handgun, while in artillery a long gun would be contrasted with a howitzer or carronade.

Examples of various classes of small arms generally considered long arms include, but are not limited to: rifles, shotguns, muskets, blunderbusses, carbines, wall guns, and musketoons.

-wikipedia

Edited by nununu

I really don't know what is 'long gun'. I think it should be changed to 'Primary weapon', 'Secondary weapon', and melee weapon

In general there're two types of firearms based on land&groove in the barrel. Rifle and Smoothbore are the main types of guns. All guns with land&groove are considered as rifle, including pistol. Shotguns do not have this feature and generally considered as smoothbore.

Judging from the graphic. Bullet casings are now seen flying from the chamber so it's safe to assume that Warframe universe still use the same firearm technology as our.

Long gun doesn't mean rifle, and a rifle is a long gun with a rifled barrel, an elephant gun is a rifle. A revolver or pistol with a rifled barrel is not a rifle though. the term rifle simple evolved from the rifled muskets the used the new rifled barrels, now it applies to many weapons that aren't necessarily rifles, machine guns have rifled barrels but aren't rifles.

so in reply to the original post, Long gun is just refering to the size, not the type.