The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumper Doma

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

The doma challenge has been an opportunity for me to test armor stripping. SP. Tried vastilok, redeemer to strip armor. Doesn't seem to work. 

My first doma mission using a prisma skana no SI with my rubico was netting around 800-2400 damage per shot. I then tried redeemer and vastilok (sold my sarpa). Thought i would see much higher damage numbers. Nope. Even with roar.

Thought for sure vastilok would work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

11 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

The doma challenge has been an opportunity for me to test armor stripping. SP. Tried vastilok, redeemer to strip armor. Doesn't seem to work. 

My first doma mission using a prisma skana no SI with my rubico was netting around 800-2400 damage per shot. I then tried redeemer and vastilok (sold my sarpa). Thought i would see much higher damage numbers. Nope. Even with roar.

Thought for sure vastilok would work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Are you using the mod Shattering Impact in the builds?

On two swings of my Vastilok, it will remove enemy armour.

I just went out and took out a Doma and Vastilok did it in two hits to strip the armour.

Edited by Slayer-.
forgot to add link

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

redeemer to strip armor.

Redeemer doesnt strip armor with Shattering Impact because its shooting damage is purely Blast. 

Edited by Zakkhar

thumper is a bit special so isnt a great mob or place to test armor strip

then if you want to kill thumper ,now thats different & there are easier ways (like Vastilok armor strip build )

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

using the mod Shattering Impact in the builds

Yes. I see it wasn't clear but yes I used SI.

2 hours ago, WOLFtv said:

(like Vastilok armor strip build

That's what I was expecting. I already satisfied the NW but just tried to test again (wanted to make this easier) but couldn't find the doma so I think I'll just wait until the next NW event again. Annoying challenge 

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Yes. I see it wasn't clear but yes I used SI.

That's what I was expecting. I already satisfied the NW but just tried to test again (wanted to make this easier) but couldn't find the doma so I think I'll just wait until the next NW event again. Annoying challenge 

I stripped the Doma armour in two hits one Normal swing to bring out the weapon too lazy to lock in the melee weapon, next one the Heavy Attack, not sure what you're doing differently, maybe show the build.

I use Vastilok for the Hemocyte, the mods are Bullet Dance - Collision Force - Primed Heavy Trauma - Molten Impact - Shattering Impact - Primed Pressure Point - Primed Fury - Primed Reach - Amalgam Organ Shatter. I use Heavy Attack only on this config.

Arcane is Melee Exposure R5.

I went out and found a Doma pretty fast after your post, what I do is start a high bounty Level 40 - 60 ignore the bounty and move around until Doma pops up out of the ground kill Doma go back in the gate job done.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

but couldn't find the doma

Have you tried the maps from the Wiki? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tusk_Thumper#Notes
especially third one that shows the route you need to take to pretty much find one guaranteed (have in mind they do not spawn at night at all and you cannot be dashing around, because you may miss one).

Edited by Zakkhar

13 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

use Vastilok for the Hemocyte, the mods are Bullet Dance - Collision Force - Primed Heavy Trauma - Molten Impact - Shattering Impact - Primed Pressure Point - Primed Fury - Primed Reach - Amalgam Organ Shatter. I use Heavy Attack only on this config

Ive got High Noon, Fury, Primed Heavy Trauma, volcanic edge, shocking touch, shattering impact, vicious frost, PPP, quickening 

8 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

third one that shows the route

Interesting since last three domas were on the right side of the map. Right middle twice and just right of cetus along the edge.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:
17 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

use Vastilok for the Hemocyte, the mods are Bullet Dance - Collision Force - Primed Heavy Trauma - Molten Impact - Shattering Impact - Primed Pressure Point - Primed Fury - Primed Reach - Amalgam Organ Shatter. I use Heavy Attack only on this config

Ive got High Noon, Fury, Primed Heavy Trauma, volcanic edge, shocking touch, shattering impact, vicious frost, PPP, quickening 

These builds are whack. Why (Primed) Heavy Trauma/Collision Force? You do not need to make the Impact ratio higher - the Shattering Impact operates on Impact Damage type not Impact Status. Each pellet does the all of modded damage types, which includes one instance of Impact (unless you run -impact riven for some masochistic reason).

When multiple damage types are present on an attack, all of them will deal their respective amounts independent of each other, but only one damage number calculated from the combined value of the damage types will show.

• Fastest ranged attack armor stripping of all gunblades while equipped with Mod TT 20px Shattering Impact due to highest multishot of 9 pellets with each pellet dealing some DmgImpactSmall64 Impact and stripping a total of up to 54 points armor per shot (6 per pellet).

Reach on Gunblade? I doesnt affect shots fall off afaik. Just mod viral/heat and fire rate.

Edited by Zakkhar

Vasitlok works fine. Strip armour, apply some sort of slow and use Voidrig to kill it, though Voidrig can cause them to bug out and become unkillable so be careful of burst damage.

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Why (Primed) Heavy Trauma/Collision Force

Yeah rereading the wiki one just needs impact damage and the # of pellets will be more relevant. I have rad/cold for boss damage / slow, in addition to gloom. 

4 hours ago, L3512 said:

use Voidrig to kill it

On a couple I did lean on voidrig/mausolon. What was interesting is the average shot was doing iirc something like 200 damage but then every once in a while boom, 73,000. Insta knee kill.

But my rubico prime eidolon build with a nice riven (151CC 104CD +43 reload -DtoInfested) does only like 1000 per hit.

So far a kitgun with pax charge to spam shots seems to be most effective.

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

These builds are whack. Why (Primed) Heavy Trauma/Collision Force? You do not need to make the Impact ratio higher - the Shattering Impact operates on Impact Damage type not Impact Status. Each pellet does the all of modded damage types, which includes one instance of Impact (unless you run -impact riven for some masochistic reason).

When multiple damage types are present on an attack, all of them will deal their respective amounts independent of each other, but only one damage number calculated from the combined value of the damage types will show.

• Fastest ranged attack armor stripping of all gunblades while equipped with Mod TT 20px Shattering Impact due to highest multishot of 9 pellets with each pellet dealing some DmgImpactSmall64 Impact and stripping a total of up to 54 points armor per shot (6 per pellet).

Reach on Gunblade? I doesnt affect shots fall off afaik. Just mod viral/heat and fire rate.

I'd say they both got added just after the Vastilok got dropped at Tennocon, cool I can remove one then and add some element in the slot, never really thought about it, I just slot stuff on and if it works I don't mess with it, not into all the technical garble I don't read everything on the wiki, thanks for the information.