The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Should Have Additional Bonuses With Different Melee Weapon

Kuja

As simple as that.

Bonus to knockdown resistance, when blocking.

Bonus to damage resistance, when blocking.

Bonus to shield recharge speed, when blocking.

Bonus to knockdown enemy when being struck, when blocking.

All bonuses depend on melee weapon equipped, and vary with ever weapon.

The ammount of bonus might be calculated from rank of weapon, or number of formas used in it (but this is too expensive i guess).
That will encourage players to pump up their melee weapons.

This bonuses can stack with some blocking warframe mods, might not.

So far blocking is useless, mainly.

But adding some usefull buffs to it will make it more useful, and add interest to melee combat.

You will think about blocking, when see heavy enemy making knockdown AoE attack, and so on.

Edited by Kuja

it sounds neat, but i am afraid that everyone will change from their generic 'hipster' Melee weapons now, and change to whatever Melee is 'the best'. 

such as one that increases Shield Recharge speed, or Max Shields, etc - would basically be the best most of the time. 

it sounds neat, but i am afraid that everyone will change from their generic 'hipster' Melee weapons now, and change to whatever Melee is 'the best'. 

such as one that increases Shield Recharge speed, or Max Shields, etc - would basically be the best most of the time. 

Well, you should be blocking too use bonus, so the advantage is not so clear - stamina still depletes.

I think it might be more effective for "active" bonuses like "knockdown resistance" or "chance to stun enemy when blocking melee attack" which are effective only at certain situations.

I've been dreaming about a small shield generated by blocking that will prevent all incoming damage in 90° angle in front of frame at cost of stamina.

the funniest thing, we have damage reflection when blocking, but clear amount of damage blocked by block is still unclear (or im googleing it wrong)

the funniest thing, we have damage reflection when blocking, but clear amount of damage blocked by block is still unclear (or im googleing it wrong)

Yes but currently it drains stamina constantly, mitigates only half damage from melee, reflects some of the bullets and doesn't protects from cc or enemy skills.

I've been thinking about something like that:

AuthoritySoldierShielded.png

A shield generated while blocking. It would prevent damage, skills, cc etc incoming from direction it covers but each hit would drain stamina (no stamina = no shield) but everything that comes from other direction would hurt as always. Also player would be unable to attack while blocking. Just imagine Vor's death ray splashing on such a thing.

It would also open an opportunity to introduce new mods: shield size (angle it covers), damage/stamina ratio.

Yes but currently it drains stamina constantly, mitigates only half damage from melee, reflects some of the bullets and doesn't protects from cc or enemy skills.

I've been thinking about something like that:

AuthoritySoldierShielded.png

A shield generated while blocking. It would prevent damage, skills, cc etc incoming from direction it covers but each hit would drain stamina (no stamina = no shield) but everything that comes from other direction would hurt as always. Also player would be unable to attack while blocking. Just imagine Vor's death ray splashing on such a thing.

It would also open an opportunity to introduce new mods: shield size (angle it covers), damage/stamina ratio.

yeah, might be as well. But wont that end up phalanx vs phalanx? I.e. reminds me how greeneer units march as phalanx, when there is lot of shielders?

yeah, might be as well. But wont that end up phalanx vs phalanx? I.e. reminds me how greeneer units march as phalanx, when there is lot of shielders?

Not if, as I suggested, players would be unable to attack while blocking. Without a way to eliminate enemies shield would quickly perish due to intensive stamina drain. My idea is to introduce a way to take something on the chin without major harm while there is no way for dodge.

Edited by xGryphus