Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hints Or At Least A Tip

(PSN)gamerace21

okay so i have 3 warframes.. nekros. excaliber, and ash... i use kunai type pistol wep.. the SOMA rifle.. but anyway i tried the mobile defense mission.. had no trouble at all til i get to the last defense part... how the hell do i get past that?? so far i got swamped with a good 25+ enemies coming from 3 sides.... how the hell do i handle that lol.. i can only kill so many at a time.. and in the mean time i have groups of 10+ on the back attacking while im trying to handle the others... so far no matter how many i kill they still blast the defense area to pieces.

The whole game is really intended for grouping. But mobile defense, defense, survival and assassination especially.

That said, proper use of Nekros' abilities might get you through. Fuse up Shadows of the Dead to max rank and get yourself some green ghost buddies to help out for a longer period of time. Keep in mind it brings in enemies based on your last 20 kills and resurrecting takes them out of the list, i.e., at max level, you can only cast it three times before it's a complete waste of energy until you personally kill some more stuff.

It'd probably be easier to just get a group though. By all means solo what you can if that's what you enjoy but don't let those tougher missions discourage you, grab a group, get past them and go back to solo.

Defenses really aren't practical solo - even if the game drops the enemy spawn rate down sufficiently (not certain if it does), you wind up with far, far too many vectors of attack to deal with.  That Nekros strategy might work, but overall the game is built for multiplayer and certain missions make that abundantly clear.

Fortunately, as long as you don't have some horribly frustrating rusher (and if you do group up for some missions, please don't go becoming that guy; most people aren't looking to just sprint through the mission as fast as possible since that is to the detriment of actually getting things like mods and crafting materials), the game works very well in a team - you can still basically do what you do while solo, just try to more or less stay with the group.

Like a poster said earlier the missions labeled survival, defense, mobile defense and assassination usually will require a party.  If you're very well geared and modded and on the right frames a lot of them can be solod up to certain waves/timers but for an average/new player a group is almost a necessity for these missions.

The game enemies are a static number set for a group of 2-4 people. The game does not change these numbers based on the amount of people you actually have. What this means is that when you try a defense mission solo(actually meant for group play) you will face the same amount of enemies you would has you taken a group.

The thing no one playing this on ps4 seems to realize is that everything is shared, including exp, as long as you are within a certain range of the person getting it.

Are you talking about the mission that unlocks jupiter?  Starts off mobile defense, becomes regular defense right at the end?  If so it took us 4 extremely skilled players to pull it off - the whole mobile defense part was fine for us, it was the regular defense that just stomped us right out...
after multiple failures what we did was have 2 people, preferably sentinels holders, stand beside the cryo pod and deal with close combat and protecting the pod,  while the other 2 do all the running and gunning... the mission especially though, if it's the same one, is especially ruthless, and despite having long since passed it, is probably still the hardest mission I've done.  

Find a team with a fully upgraded Rhino stomp like I have, you're guaranteed to win unless they're a noob.  I'm sure with my Rhino I could pull it off solo, but I don't plan on trying... certain mission types are just better with people, some on the other hand I find easier to solo.

and horridhal

"The game enemies are a static number set for a group of 2-4 people. The game does not change these numbers based on the amount of people you actually have."

If I'm not mistaken this is true, but enemies scale to be at the groups average level... I noticed when facing the first boss solo and with people he's drastically weaker when I play with new players, when I solo he becomes far more threatening

"The game enemies are a static number set for a group of 2-4 people. The game does not change these numbers based on the amount of people you actually have."

If I'm not mistaken this is true, but enemies scale to be at the groups average level... I noticed when facing the first boss solo and with people he's drastically weaker when I play with new players, when I solo he becomes far more threatening

Fairly certain they scale only in numbers and based on the quantity of players, not their levels. I farmed Io and Callisto for days trying to get ahold of a Hornet Strike and ran it many tens of times both solo and with groups of varying sizes. You can see a pretty definite change in the quantities with more players, particularly in the number of drops left around. This plays true with all game modes including Survival and standard missions.

Survival is significantly easier to hit longer times with a group entirely on merit of there being more enemies to drop life support capsules. I've been as far as 15 minutes on survival solo and at that point there are hordes of enemies but it was less being able to kill them than it was just getting enough to get those drops.

I always accept the possibility of being wrong but I suppose the best test would be to go to a defense solo, then run it in a group and see the changes.

What you may be seeing is difficulty level, that has a direct correlation to enemy quantities in that higher difficulty stages have almost exponentially more enemies. A Difficulty 1 Defense, for example, may have only 12 or so enemies in the first wave but a Difficulty 4 one will have 30+ and each subsequent wave will have even more.

On the subject of soloing defense, It's fairly easy to hit wave 5 on several depending on your frame, some can go to 10 or 15 depending on your damage output. I know you can go further with extreme builds, it's just not real time efficient to go solo. Io and Callisto can be solo'd to 10 easily with only a well equipped Orthos, judicious use of abilities and something to deal high damage to Ancients as you can stand near the Cryopod simply using charge attacks against it to kill anything nearby (max Reach a must), then CCing when it gets overly dense.

But once again, solo Defense isn't terribly wise and I think that's been hammered into the ground already.

Guess you're just unlucky then, it may be your network. If possibly you may want to switch to a wired connection, and open the pertinent ports which I don't know off hand for the game and system. Alternatively, enable DMZ on the PS4.

Their net protocol isn't great in the current version and you end up with fewer potential teammates due to inability to connect.

I do have one more noob question,, what exactly is the point of using forma to polarize slots? i used it on nekros lol and all it did was give me a V slot that i dont even need lol.. i could understand it being useful if it had some kind of strengthening effect but as is I'm not seeing a great deal of point.. i can already equip  all the mods i like without needing to make use of polarization.

Uhh okay well one, polarizing the slot lets you apply mods, if a slot is polarized and you puts n a mod of it's polarity then it's cost is halved... so if you use a 12 point card and it matches the polarity it only takes up 6 points on your frame, same with weapons and everything else.  The controls are pretty obvious though, when you have a forma in your inventory the icon lights up like the 4th of july and tells you to press R2 to polarize.

If you ping is too high or low , you can in fact slightly adjust it in the in-game settings, I pushed mine UP 100 from the default and I find games much easier now.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue