Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Same maps, different missions

Smalltime

If this game is all about PVE, then developers must create unique missions and maps for the future. Cuase it somehow feels like Mass Effect which was not really creative at side missions (same bunkers, different missions).

Note: I haven't completed all Battle Deck missions yet.

Actually, from my observations of the map designs they could easily make new maps without even making new content. For instance, they could rearrange the typical layout of a station to be more like a long and flat warehouse which would be great for Defend missions or Exterminate missions.

Since they don't have to worry about PvP, it can allow for a lot of freedom in making new maps.

Guys, This is the beta. They will only give us one map. When the release comes out, or another beta, or patch they will give us more maps..

DONT WORRY, this game is going to get more awesome as the weeks go on <3

its not always the same map, so far as I know, the maps are made out of pieces that are arranged randomly, like in Diablo 3 or a few other games which i dont remmeber now, needs a few more parts o the puzzle, and yes different textures and props on different maps , but obviously this is comming in a quiet near future.

its not always the same map, so far as I know, the maps are made out of pieces that are arranged randomly, like in Diablo 3 or a few other games which i dont remmeber now, needs a few more parts o the puzzle, and yes different textures and props on different maps , but obviously this is comming in a quiet near future.

It's pretty much the same map. Just some missions are smaller and some doors are red(locked).

Also during infection mode there are egg like thingers on the walls and floors.

And the lighting is different most of the time. Also some things are random and different which i like

• 2 months later...

Personally I am fine with the maps not being too unique, but I definitely think having some different looking textures would be nice. Maybe retexture the same "pieces" with say organic tiles that way it looks like some kind of biodome or something. This wouldn't solve the problem entirely but would be quicker than having to completely create new "pieces" entirely.

Guys, This is the beta. They will only give us one map. When the release comes out, or another beta, or patch they will give us more maps..

just look at Arctic Combat! There the devs added a few maps after the release so who sais ours can't do the same?

just look at Arctic Combat! There the devs added a few maps after the release so who sais ours can't do the same?

Warframe has automatically generated levels so they are unique. It would be hard for the devs to do the same for this game right now. :p but they will!

Of course, I think everyone is just voicing what they want to see, standard beta affair. That being said, it is definitely important for the devs to know what direction the player base thinks map design should go leading up to them creating those maps.

Warframe has automatically generated levels so they are unique. It would be hard for the devs to do the same for this game right now. :p but they will!

As far as dynamically generated vs hand crafted goes, both actually wind up taking a lot of time, early on to balance the random generation and the other as you go. That being said this is the best time to throw out roughly designed maps as they can generate signifciant data on those maps. I would be curious to know whether they have a system like in the source engine that allows them to track choke points and areas where there is little action thus allowing them to use data analysis to better improve levels.

The main issue with bringing out levels only once the game goes into a new phase like open beta or live is the lack of external testing... Really hope they can get out a few maps before open beta.

Of course, I think everyone is just voicing what they want to see, standard beta affair. That being said, it is definitely important for the devs to know what direction the player base thinks map design should go leading up to them creating those maps.

As far as dynamically generated vs hand crafted goes, both actually wind up taking a lot of time, early on to balance the random generation and the other as you go. That being said this is the best time to throw out roughly designed maps as they can generate signifciant data on those maps. I would be curious to know whether they have a system like in the source engine that allows them to track choke points and areas where there is little action thus allowing them to use data analysis to better improve levels.

The main issue with bringing out levels only once the game goes into a new phase like open beta or live is the lack of external testing... Really hope they can get out a few maps before open beta.

Yeah i agree and hope too see more maps or different textures amd such.. I really want a map outside , maybe with enhanced gravity like halo . That would be neat

The maps look all the same, all dull and blueish with grey. Just imagine the possibilities since this is only the first sector, they could make planets with life on them, maybe space missions, asteroid missions, save the planet missions( where there is something going to hit a planet with life on it and you have to make sure the thing does not hit the planet) underwater missions. The possibilities are almost endless!

I am actually ok with the current crop of maps, reran the first map 5 times last night with the new warframes I got to try them out and flex their capabilities. Each time I ran it the map was different. For a guy like me who has sunk a ton of hours into Diablo 1, 2, and 3 I am used to running the same looking maps over and over... But having more and more permutations is important. That being said, reskinning might be a quick fix..

While map making takes a lot of time effort, it's crucial to this games survival. To put it frankly, you get tired of these maps very fast, the envirnoment is basically copy paste, and while they do allow for some manouvering, they're in a nutshell just extremely boring to look at.

I hope and pray that they start designing some new envirnoments, hopefully with founding buyers and platinium buyers, they'll have resources to get more people to work on content.