Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Same maps, different missions

Smalltime

some missions needs to be on land (moon, earth, etc...) space stations are starting to get borring,

I would like this very much also, but the truth is, that the way the engine works, isn't so good for "land". Sure they could create the illusion that you're out in the open, but you would still be constrained.

Think of how the game works, you go to a door, then told to go back to another room, enemies spawn as you go back. If you were on land you'd be able to see the enemy spawn, and it generally wouldn't work well with randomly generated content.

I'm sure there's some ingenious way to go about this, and maybe we will see outdoors maps. But the next maps we're going to get, is going to be indoors as well.

omg post after post after post , all the newbies to the game are wanting or demanding new stuff when yous dont realize that these things take time , there not wanting to add maps over a certain amount of days etc they want to realease them with bug updates that way we are more in-tuned to give them a try , leave them be they have had well more than enough feedback on maps etc

and for those who are wanting surface maps etc , i dout that will happen , if its in a station then yes but to see grass and tress etc etc then no

, there will be more planets and stations to visit hell there might even be a new system in the future

While map making takes a lot of time effort, it's crucial to this games survival. To put it frankly, you get tired of these maps very fast, the envirnoment is basically copy paste, and while they do allow for some manouvering, they're in a nutshell just extremely boring to look at.

I hope and pray that they start designing some new envirnoments, hopefully with founding buyers and platinium buyers, they'll have resources to get more people to work on content.

I would buy it to brother... but man would I feel like a fool if the game does not get better..

omg post after post after post , all the newbies to the game are wanting or demanding new stuff when yous dont realize that these things take time , there not wanting to add maps over a certain amount of days etc they want to realease them with bug updates that way we are more in-tuned to give them a try , leave them be they have had well more than enough feedback on maps etc

and for those who are wanting surface maps etc , i dout that will happen , if its in a station then yes but to see grass and tress etc etc then no

, there will be more planets and stations to visit hell there might even be a new system in the future

We are not demanding stuff right away, we are just telling them how good new maps would be. If they are buggy then let them keep them and make it better. We just want to see something new, I don't expect for them to make it in a few days, but I do expect for it to happen.

I would like this very much also, but the truth is, that the way the engine works, isn't so good for "land". Sure they could create the illusion that you're out in the open, but you would still be constrained.

Think of how the game works, you go to a door, then told to go back to another room, enemies spawn as you go back. If you were on land you'd be able to see the enemy spawn, and it generally wouldn't work well with randomly generated content.

I'm sure there's some ingenious way to go about this, and maybe we will see outdoors maps. But the next maps we're going to get, is going to be indoors as well.

What if you are in stations. You could even have more choices of where to go. You could go outside if you want to be sneaky since there are less people. Going outside lets you travel between the wings of the station faster, but your radar will not work there because there is radio signal only in the buildings (signal which you hacked). You will have only a map but there won't be any pointy arrow or sign telling you where you are or where to go, you will have to find that by exploring. Also the stations will be made in places hard to see or reach by enemy forces such as mountains where you could fall and die or in valleys where there are the walls keeping you in (kind of like and invisible wall, but not implimented since it makes games look bad, so that the end of the map would be one of those)

If you go inside then there are more enemies but you won't get lost at all. It will be straight forward.

• 5 months later...

How about a mission objective where you have to work as a squad in two teams to simultaneously reach two objectives? Lotus would be orchestrating the whole thing ("Squad Alpha has reached the objective and is waiting on you..."/"Hold off on the objective, squad beta is still moving into position"). Perhaps with some interesting twists (a Corpus ship is bombarding a Grineer base. Team 1 has to disable the ship to enable team 2 to make their extraction!)

Edited by RTamis

Or what if you wanted to challenge a friend to see who is better? You both enter the exact same mission with the same level design, but in two different instances. First one to complete their objective wins!