Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Skill Trees!

Gamerboy1420

Ok. Soo we all know were losing all our mods and having a new skill tree implemented. What i want to know is, are the skill trees gnna take away the whole upgrading with reactors/catalyst thing. If they are ok but if theyre not, am I gnna lose my upgraded tree tht i have now & gnna have to pray tht i find another react/cata so i can upgrade this new skill tree if it requires to? Im jst in the procces of finishing crafting a Catalyst & if this is the case, Im saving it til the update comes and see if i can benefit from using it in any way... Any thoughts?

Edited by Gamerboy1420

I could imagine they'll change what is locked off before supercharging, but it seems pretty certain they won't throw out supercharging entirely, since it's a core part of their microtransactions strategy and they know how loud the complaints would be from our quarter re: lost reactors and catalysts

e: that said, we know there are 2 new frames coming in update 7, so why not save them anyway in case you really like the new stuff? =]

Edited by FlanShark

Potatoes are still going to play some role, or so I heard from someone in the design counsil. He didnt exactly know how either though, but apparently it is going to take a less prominent role. No clue how much less though.

Since catalysts and reactors will still have their use in the new system I seriously doubt that they will simply vanish into nothingness. The developers are even going the extra mile to make sure that (free) mods can be converted to the new system, and with the number of people who bought reactors/catalysts with platinum I can't imagine the developers would want to deal with the number of protests that would start if people had to buy them again.

Edit:

Potatoes are still going to play some role, or so I heard from someone in the design counsil. He didnt exactly know how either though, but apparently it is going to take a less prominent role. No clue how much less though.

From how I understand the new system, I'm not sure that potatoes will be much less prominent, but I think that non-supercharged frames and weapons might have more of a fighting chance due to much better customisation.

Edited by Botskiz

Well the thing is I have an Ember. I L-O-V-E tht Ember!! The day after the livestream, there was an alert tht gave everyone reactors, which i immediately crafted and used on my beloved warframe. Now once this new update comes, will I have to be on the lookout for another reactor? or will the ppl who used it to upgrade the first time have upgraded trees once the new trees come? Heartbreaking to think the reactors were for nothing since this update is gnna change alot of things and were gnna have to start from scratch agian...

Aha, I knew that DE_Steve said something about this in the design council! Your Ember will be fine :).

Supercharged stuff (potatoes lol) still will be in effect. Levels and the boosters you used to attain them will not have to be reset. If you have a supercharged 30 level item you will be in great shape!

P.S.: Potatoe seems to be the commonly used term nowadays *shrugs*.

& when did this start?

When did Americans stop calling themselves Irish/British/French and start calling themselves American..? You could probably give me a year but I doubt you could give me a month :P

@Botskiz

I have to admit I am not very informed since I'm not in the design counsil. But even so, if they make non charged items more capable, doesn't that mean they indirectly have a less prominent role? Or will potatoed weapons be stronger mod/artifactless? That extra info from Steve is def. nice to know though.

On the potato subject, people have called them potatoes for a while now, it just becomes more common because of stuff like the DEvs talking about it in the Q&A and the awesome 2D short.

@Botskiz

I have to admit I am not very informed since I'm not in the design counsil. But even so, if they make non charged items more capable, doesn't that mean they indirectly have a less prominent role? Or will potatoed weapons be stronger mod/artifactless? That extra info from Steve is def. nice to know though.

I guess it's a matter of perception. From the little I know about the new system, and the way I understand it, you'll still definitely want to supercharge your equipment. The increased customization will (as I understand it) allow you to influence flaws of your equipment in a more directed way. For example, you would be able to maximise only the damage of your weapon, but you'd have to neglect the fire rate or max ammo in order to do so. So for certain situations this would benefit non-supercharged weapons.

Think of a non-supercharged Gorgon with maxed clip size designed only to keep boss shields down for as long as possible, while your team mates do the heavy damage with charged melee attacks. Ideally you want to deal a good amount of damage as well, so in the end you will still definitely want to get a catalyst.