[DE]Rebecca

Warframe Update 11 & Ps4: Information!

285 posts in this topic

12/11/2013 Update: The plan is for U11 to go live on 12/12/2013, aka, tomorrow! Hope everyone's preparing to Hunt for Alad V.... :O!

____

We are getting things in the pipe to release U11 on the PS4. We're very close – the build is off to cert to ensure it is ready for release on the PS4! Everyone will be updated as we have more information on its release. In case you haven’t heard, Update 11 is quite the big one!

U11 features:

Valkyr, a Beserker themed Warframe

Trading, a new way to find and exchange your items!

Damage 2.0, a new damage system that offers greater customization in your loadouts!

… many fixes, and much more!  

For full notes on what U11 has to offer, check out the PC Update 11 Notes: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132825-update-11-valkyr-unleashed/

Thanks, Tenno!

I'm happy to see that you guys can apply your updates like this (helps that I read the recent IGN article about how Sony got you on board for the PS4).  Thanks for the info.  Will we have prime access too or if we want that do we have to wait for like tuesday?

Great!  Thanks for the update.

Will update 11 include PC-PS4 cross play ability?  Any more news would be appreciated.

Great!  Thanks for the update.

Will update 11 include PC-PS4 cross play ability?  Any more news would be appreciated.

Do you mean actual duality or PC to PS4 migration?

I believe the plan is to start out with PC to PS4 migration.  Least that was the last I heard about it.

Just to be able to play WARFRAME we have to pay for a Playstation Plus subscription.

So us PS4 ninjas don't actually play free. =(

Just to be able to play WARFRAME we have to pay for a Playstation Plus subscription.

No you don't.  To play things like CoD online you need a PS+.

You don't need a PS plus account, just a PSN account.  At least im pretty sure that's correct.

No that's wrong! For ALL free to play games, you can download and play immediately without PS+. Plus is required only for retail games or any PSN games with multiplayer. Anything you buy that has multiplayer, will require Plus. All F2P games thus far, do not! I love it!!

Maybe im wrong. But any of you without a PS+ acc able to play warframe without it?

Edited by (PS4)emissiongarage

I think that would be a hard thing to answer because all PS4s came with a PS+ free month, and I doubt people haven't used just because they don't want to.

Maybe im wrong. But any of you without a PS+ acc able to play warframe without it?

I'm trying to remember how if I had Plus when I started or not...  Is it throwing some kind of error when you try to start it now?

On a more on topic front, just a question for DERebecca:  Any indication how long the cert process is going to take?

Edited by (PS4)RHat90

It feels strange having such little information up until now coming from pc. Hopefully this update will come soon so i can transfer my profile.

Edit: Oh and will our PS4 and PC accounts be linked on the forums once we transfer?

Edited by (PS4)megaorange

Can't make my own topic, so just adding here.. I have 2 diff 16 digit alphanumeric codes that are promo from bundles I bought, and worth 170 plat each... Can I redeem them for ps4??? If not, anyone who wants those in exchange for say.. 300 plats ps4 side? I'll even give my codes first, as long as you're willing to offer up a permabsn for ripping me off and a mod here will confirm as such. 40 free for just helping me facilitate a transfer of currency. :-) just add me if you want.. In now.

I think that would be a hard thing to answer because all PS4s came with a PS+ free month, and I doubt people haven't used just because they don't want to.

I purchased my PS4 without the pre-sale so it did not come with a PS+ free month.

I did subscribe to 3-months of PS+ after recalling not being able to play COD: GHOST without PS+

Not sure if I tried WARFRAME that same day.

Maybe I'm just assuming... Hopefully I am wrong.

Edited by (PS4)emissiongarage

Has there been any word if this update will allow for button reconfiguration/mapping?  I'm back in once that's added.

Has there been any word if this update will allow for button reconfiguration/mapping?  I'm back in once that's added.

Especially on the Vita remote play. My friend is away for the holiday, brought his Vita with him to play some games while the PS4 is home. We tried this game tonight, and while it ran smoothly, the controls caused him to quit after 1 mission.

Are trophies coming with this update by any chance?

Edited by (PS4)Ozzybx

Are trophies coming with this update by any chance?

Oh please oh please... i know F2P games dont usually get trophy support on playstation but even if they were simple ones like: Assassinate Vor or Assassinate all planet bosses i would be super happy... (a lot of people are going to complain about it though... but PLEASE add some trophies even if theyre just story based (since its such an open ended game obviously skill based trophies and stuff like that are usually ruled out... but... PLEASE!

Also will this update finally let us sync our pc and PS4 accounts? i want my PC ID... ive been sitting on it since beta because my PC cant run the game... but i NEED THE NAME! (i have the name Hayden-Tenno for my PC account) :P

Will Update 11 increase the level cap from 30?  If not then when will the increase take effect?  Will trophy support be implemented in the near future and will it allow for retro trophy unlocks or will we have to earn the trophies by "playing again from the start"?  Thanks for your time and efforts Rebecca and great job to the team for getting the game onto the PS4!  

The cap has been 30 for a real long while, and they're not changing that with this patch.  In order to become even tougher past 30 requires good modding of your gear.  And while blue and gold potato blueprints are kind of rare, forma blueprints are a bit more common, so good uses of them is a fair alternative.

Will Update 11 increase the level cap from 30?  If not then when will the increase take effect?  Will trophy support be implemented in the near future and will it allow for retro trophy unlocks or will we have to earn the trophies by "playing again from the start"?  Thanks for your time and efforts Rebecca and great job to the team for getting the game onto the PS4!  

Levelling in this game is a lot more complicated than "the level cap's thirty".  Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are the equivalent of another 30 levels, you use Forma to add a Polarity to one of the mod slots in exchange for resetting its level to 0, so you can actually end up relevelling weapons and Warframes several times, then there's various mods to collect and level so you can actually build, and you need to build up your Mastery Rank in order to use many things.