Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access, Wait What Do You Infer?

Sophronius

Sorry, no TL:DR for this. Too much to crunch in to 2 sentences.

I do not understand this. The phrase, "Prime Access," originally lead me to believe that one would put down $140 to have access to all prime items currently available and perhaps even future Prime items.

Exclusive items for Prime Access:

2 Weapons and Ember Prime. Why only these?

The Titan Extractor and Syandana is hardly compensation for this price.

Ember Prime avatar pictures. Shouldn't this be in game anyway?

90 day affinity and credit booster. That's a cool idea, but why is it exclusive to Prime Access?

So this is all we get for Prime Access? No wait, there is 4300 platinum included. Oh, that's where the bulk of the price comes from.

So aside the platinum, everything else is a $180 value.

The problems I have with this is that:

1: This title, "Prime Access" is deceiving.

2: Holy Price Point Batman!

3: So little for so much.

I know, it's F2P and DE needs money. However, in the long run there may be a better way to use this.

I hate to bring up EA...ever.. But I think they have a better way to go about marketing than this.

BF Premium grants access to 5 expansion packs, Membership Transfer, a slew of personal customization options, server prioritization, weekly additional content and 12 battlepacks. All for $50.

See for yourself: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium

Listen, if this kind of thing never works then they wouldn't be still doing it.

I think $140 would sound more reasonable if it gave all current and future Prime items.

I'm not sure if DE gets a lot of money from what is currently available for platinum at their price. (It could also be that they get tons of money, so they keep the prices high) I also realize that many F2P models have sky high prices for things that were likely created in a couple of hours. (Aesthetic and meta-game items)

It is "safe" to follow what others are doing with their F2P games so long as they are still standing. Yet I ask if you could re-analyze options for selling content. It looks like with each new addition of content comes a higher price point. Like as if DE is poking at buyers to see at what price point they will refuse to make a purchase. Way too many companies do this and I honestly wouldn't put it past DE...or anyone for that matter.

I'm sure this has been considered, yet so others (players) could know it is possible that a lowered cost for things like Prime Access could yield more purchases which may in turn bring more long term profit. Also making the package more appealing could bring in more buyers. (For example Prime Access could have included more than what it does)

No, do not change Prime Access itself. People have already bought it and that would create a lot of headache. I am making this statement for future ideas.

Before you say something about me not having moneys or w/e and that's why I am "complaining" (Which btw, I am not), let me inform you that I have likely put close to $600-$1,000 in to Warframe through Founders and Platinum purchases.

Maybe there is something I am not aware of or have overlooked. If that's true then let me know, but seriously no need to be rude.

It basically boils down to this:

Are you willing to spend more money to save time on grinding? If yes, go for it!

I personally feel that paying for stuff you can get in game is not a good deal and the exclusive items are a scarf and a pretty shovel which doesn't even come close to the excal prime in the founders pack. New warframe vs shovel, warframe wins. The scarf is really pretty though.

I agree with you in that if DE made the price lower, more people would buy it. Is that such a hard concept to grasp? I put down quite a bit for masters already, and I'm more than willing to put more. Except Prime Access doesn't give me anything I want besides that Syndana and I'm not paying $140 for a Syndana. Yes, there's plat and a 90 day booster. I don't want those. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for them to put the 90 day booster as a separate item in the store? I'm sure there will be plenty of people who would like to buy that. 

DE, please realize a good amount of us WANT to buy things to support Warframe, but when it's something like $140 you're just catering to the rich. There are more people who will be willing to pay $20 than there will be to pay $140. Say you have 50 people who would pay $20 vs 1 person who will pay $140. You'd gain a whooping $1000 from those guys buying $20 dollar packs than you would with the $140 pack. Heck, even if it was 10 people who will pay $20 per 1 person who will pay $140, you would still get $200...

Point being: Making packs accessible to more people (by lowering prices) will be more profitable in the long run.

Edited by kuliise

I agree with you in that if DE made the price lower, more people would buy it. Is that such a hard concept to grasp? I put down quite a bit for masters already, and I'm more than willing to put more. Except Prime Access doesn't give me anything I want besides that Syndana and I'm not paying $140 for a Syndana. Yes, there's plat and a 90 day booster. I don't want those. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for them to put the 90 day booster as a separate item in the store? I'm sure there will be plenty of people who would like to buy that. 

DE, please realize a good amount of us WANT to buy things to support Warframe, but when it's something like $140 you're just catering to the rich. There are more people who will be willing to pay $20 than there will be to pay $140. Say you have 50 people who would pay $20 vs 1 person who will pay $140. You'd gain a whooping $1000 from those guys buying $20 dollar packs than you would with the $140 pack. Heck, even if it was 10 people who will pay $20 per 1 person who will pay $140, you would still get $200...

Point being: Making packs accessible to more people (by lowering prices) will be more profitable in the long run.

First paragraph: My exact problem with the pack. I only want a few things from it.

Second paragraph: My point exactly.