The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Capacity Limit?

DrizzintahlTTV

I think this is the right place for this, I'm curious what the purpose of 180 limit for Rivens is.  I assume it's got something to do with RMT and such, but I feel like we're hurting a large portion of the playerbase to stifle a problem that isn't really that big of a deal, comparatively speaking. 

There's gotta be other ways to handle this while still allowing people to build up a collection.

I love making 'bad' weapons work and the Riven system is the best way to do it (it's fantastic, honestly) but there are 572 riven-able weapons in the game based on quick maths, but only 180 rivens per account.  Is there another reason for this?  I used to live for cracking rivens for people and trading good ones for bad ones and making things work, but I've hit a wall.  Now receiving a Riven from a mission or reward for something just reminds me that I'm maxed and can't really continue on.

Another theory I have is they don't want spending a lot of money, like the change they did to Kubrow pattern click lottery years back, but honestly I don't know the reason for this limitation, I just know I hate it. :(

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrizzintahlTTV said:

I think this is the right place for this, I'm curious what the purpose of 180 limit for Rivens is.  I assume it's got something to do with RMT and such, but I feel like we're hurting a large portion of the playerbase to stifle a problem that isn't really that big of a deal, comparatively speaking. 

There's gotta be other ways to handle this while still allowing people to build up a collection.

I love making 'bad' weapons work and the Riven system is the best way to do it (it's fantastic, honestly) but there are 572 riven-able weapons in the game based on quick maths, but only 180 rivens per account.  Is there another reason for this?  I used to live for cracking rivens for people and trading good ones for bad ones and making things work, but I've hit a wall.  Now receiving a Riven from a mission or reward for something just reminds me that I'm maxed and can't really continue on.

Another theory I have is they don't want spending a lot of money, like the change they did to Kubrow pattern click lottery years back, but honestly I don't know the reason for this limitation, I just know I hate it. :(

DE talked about this at one point, it has to do with server/storage capacity. I'll see if I can find it.

21 minutes ago, Agall said:

DE talked about this at one point, it has to do with server/storage capacity. I'll see if I can find it.

I think they have referenced storage before.   But I remember somebody more on the tech side like Steve or Scott said it wasn't really storage, but rather loading issues.  Where somebody with 500 rivens or whatever would take a lot longer to load in anywhere there was Arsenal access.

I've been meaning to test this and see if I can tell a load time difference between my account at 180 and a fresh one, but haven't gotten around to it.

I also do remember Steve talking about the loading of the mod station already getting slow because of the many different mods that exist plus the rivens being even more heavy to load individually. Suggesting that it wasn't wise or easy to continue increasing the riven capacity cap not only for database storage limitations. Especially when it's realistically impacting a low % of the overall player base that reach this cap.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've been meaning to test this and see if I can tell a load time difference between my account at 180 and a fresh one, but haven't gotten around to it.

I'm pretty sure loading up the modstation didn't take so long when I was a nooblet, where as it takes a noticeable amount of time  since reaching 150 and then 180.

• Like 1