The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun CO and explosive squads: it's getting that first kill

kerozen666

So, i've been toying around with the new status, and one thing that i kept noticing, is that a lot of my build are extremely dependant on that one first kill i need to activate my "gun CO" (galvi aptitude, shot, and savvy). while solo, it's not so bad, i just need to focus one enemy that is squishier to get myself going. However, the moment you get into a squad, that problem gets in your face the most, as now you are competing for kills, and those that get it can then snowball into getting more, even faster, leading you to fall behind unless you are running a build that let you bridge that gap by default. 

Maybe revisiting those mods to fit with the current helminth infused era of the game would be good. Something like maybe having a small amount of status to damage buff by default on those mods, or maybe have them activate on assist, as while getting that first kill is hard, placing a shot is something everyone can do reliably. Making that change would really help keeping the team moving and making more build viable in team setup

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If the squads are so explosive it is hard for you to get the first kill, there is literally no reason for you to get it, because you are being so hard carried regardless of the buffs you proc.

PS: Kill doesnt not need to result from the Primary. It can come from Secondary or Melee. Kill is a kill.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

That's just the nature of the mod when they're intended to be used in killing sprees. If you want something guaranteed up-front that doesn't require keeping up a killing spree, then you should be using the standard mods.

4 hours ago, Pakaku said:

That's just the nature of the mod when they're intended to be used in killing sprees. If you want something guaranteed up-front that doesn't require keeping up a killing spree, then you should be using the standard mods.

you... you know galvi mods were introduced SPECIFICLY because the standard mods weren't enough for SP, right?

Posted (edited)

Run dexterity for primary, even poorly built melees w/ condition overload can get you those first kills to easily cap your damage.(also dexterity is 360% dmg w/ primary/secondary + 7.5 melee combo duration for 20s stacks w/decay) so for primary you don’t have the ‘rev’ up any kills, it’s kill with melee and primary is ready to go, run secondary encumber on secondary for priming, prime with secondary and blast with melee. Just my personal play style, there are many ways to play but this is the way I do it. If you run cedo(primary condition overload weapon cause of passive and galv mods) it’s even crazier 

Edited by The_End_Kinda

Il y a 3 heures, kerozen666 a dit :

you... you know galvi mods were introduced SPECIFICLY because the standard mods weren't enough for SP, right?

Not exactly. They were introduced specifically because guns couldn't keep up with melee spam. Melees don't have Galvanized mods, but they perform just fine, granted you run a combo setup with Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds on a good one. In a sense, Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds are kind of the melee equivalent, considering you don't get the bonus from the get go, but the way it's granted is different.

I definitely understand what it must be like, being on the other end, since I'm a nukeframe abuser at times, when a friend of mine's out there needing affinity on their weapons I pick my classic old SobekSaryn, and I tell them "okay, here's your challenge : kill one". In THAT context it's funny, but I can totally get if people get upset when I use this in just a random mission.

That said, if that's public squads we're talking about... sometimes you get complete leeches, sometimes you get hypercarry frames and some other times you just get people average. It is what it is.