Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.1.3

[DE]darryl1

- Fixed Orokin Void/Derelict missions failing to launch if new host was elected at the end of the countdown.

This host election process which was brought to solve a bit of the problems that exist around the matchmaking/networking area is nice on paper but actually pretty annoying if it's bugged too.

My own experience that happened few days ago: invited friends, started match, new host was chosen, we all got dropped to the starchart since the new host is not able to invite anyone because of networking issues. If the host election fails to check this properly give us the way to counteract it.

No way in hell would I want to get a laggy game when I'm using my own void key - also what happens if I'm not the host of my own void key then get lagged-out, disconnected, will the guys playing without me consume my key? Thankfully this never happened, yet.

I would change this method to only kick in if we want to - during online matches it's fine, but during private games, we can choose who is the host, we can trade keys if that's needed too. Actually if someone is a bad host we can't even join him when he invites us most of the time so why bother - or at least why force it?

- q86d.png -

The matchmaking process still needs the HOST button, countless times I cannot host an online game on maps where someone else is present whom I cannot join because the game thinks it's a good idea to launch my a*s out to the starchart every time the game fails to join me to the guys present there.

It's not DE hosting the missions (we act as servers) anyways so there is no need for this - no need to force join. Let us host. It's damn annoying that when no clan members are availible I can either play alone or pray to get joined into some mission that's already running but no other option is present if the mission I want has players on it that I cannot join.

The times I actually joined a lobby is obviously the minority and even then there were countless times the host actually left. Simply because most lobbies start fast and those that don't are usually ones that were not meant to be...

(There are times when you click the map, you change your mind, press esc. Your vote disappears then someone joins you who wants to go to that map because the game still presents you as someone on that map. First time this happened to me, I left the room after erasing my vote and when I've returned the other guys were saying mean things about me on chat because I was so evil to be AFK. Not a big thing but annoying.)

Actually if I join an already running mission I can't be sure what will welcome me.

Once I appeared during Stalker attack - I got lucky but with the current Stalker I do not wish to repeat this feat.

Farming resources on defenses is a usual process (or it was) but if you don't have the friends/firepower (or patience) to do it alone you might appear on a map completely stripped of containers and lockers already. Or on wave 16 with a frame you planned to level till wave 5 and get yourself wiped off the face of the map in an instant. Yes this happened too - by the way, is there now a mechanic preventing you from entering defenses wave 5 or higher? Previously people said there was yet I got put into such mission in online (only online).

Anyways, let us choose whether or not we want to host. Yes, more small group missions will be played but those who don't like that will inevitably end up joining someone else so even that's not the case. Also many people don't even play online because of this - if they get to play normally, the numbers will go up.

Of course the networking problem is still there but I guess it's not that easy to address or you would have already fixed it.

Edited by K_Shiro

HEY, DE! This needs top be fixed in the next update and there are a lot of people that do/will agree with me! Why is it that ever since damage 2.0 the Acrid's DOT poison effect only does +7 damage/tick? Even with a "one from the top" Hornet Strike it stays at 7 damage. No elemental damage is applied, no extra damage, just 7 poison. That alone is not even enough damage to kill a level "4" (what used to be 8 and with the 30 base damage maybe it could kill a level "7"). I never heard/saw anything saying "DOT is not affected by mods anymore". If this was intentional...WHY? Stop nerfing the weapons that don't need it and buff the ones that need it. If not intentional, please fix this ASAP. It's just worthless now because it still requires all of the hard effort to get. If you agree that it should be fixed along with other DOT weapons, try to get this to DE's attention somehow. Someone also added that the DOT is not affect by status proc. I worked so hard for this and now it's pretty much crap; DOT wise. It would be AMAZING if this gets fixed very soon!

-Tigercast

Edited by Tigercast2

thank you and would you kindly fix the rest of the enemy spawns because since Hot fix 11.0.1 i have not seen the fallowing enemy's from mars - pluto: regular Eviscerator's, leech drone's, sniper crewman, Nauseous crawlers and lobster crawlers. please check these enemy's spawn algorithm and thank you.

Still can only deploy one Collector. (Would also be nice if we could repair them.)

On a positive note, thank God you finally fixed those Lotus lines about that boss, bugged me from day 1. (Figured you would eventually update the boss to be a group of robots, guess that 'might' be off the table now.)