The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade Eximus may have finally pushed me away from warframe.

Underurth

11 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Nobody said that you just have to dodge, in this thread they have already talked about various means to confront them.

not only "dodge" run or shoot them and yes they did,

11 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

As I said: people tend to exaggerate what they don't like.

I dont know what that statement has to do with the part you quoted that isn't any kind of exaggeration its exactly how you deal with them, I guess you could also go operator but really is that what we are doing in warframe in 2024 getting out of gameplay, dropping KPM to deal with this new mechanic they added, no matter how you deal with them it kills the flow of gameplay.

and I seem people claim the whole purpose of this was to prevent afk but on paper does NOT work when warframes that can negate it exist.

also people undeplay mechanics when they white knight

Edited by _Anise_

On 2024-09-19 at 11:38 AM, _Anise_ said:

I never craft energy pizza I was just charging my energy up from zenurick while moving between spy targets unstealthed (because you don't accumulate energy over time in stealth)

Use the Preparation mod from the Arbitration vendor and you can skip the energy gain part.

13 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

but no the only things you are allowed todo are...

• move out of it's way
  • shoot it if it isn't line of sighting you (which should not be possible IMO)
  • or play one of the Warframes that completely and passively negates it.

1. Yes you should be moving out of the thing that does damage to you, you don't stand in fire, you don't stand in Jade beams it's simple MMO mechanics

2. I never shoot it personally I'd rather just move around it slightly and continue the objective whatever that may be.

3. You could do that or you can run a Warframe with Rolling Guard, or switch to your operator, or directly kill the eximus.

I use Rolling Guard on my Mesa and Zephyr builds which gives me enough time to kill the eximus or avoid the mean entirely.

• Like 3

hace 33 minutos, _Anise_ dijo:

I dont know what that statement has to do with the part you quoted that isn't any kind of exaggeration its exactly how you deal with them, I guess you could also go operator but really is that what we are doing in warframe in 2024 getting out of gameplay, dropping KPM to deal with this new mechanic they added, no matter how you deal with them it kills the flow of gameplay.

and I seem people claim the whole purpose of this was to prevent afk but on paper does NOT work when warframes that can negate it exist.

also people undeplay mechanics when they white knight

It's an exaggeration because you talk as if it were the most difficult enemy you've ever seen in video games, you can't even face them using everything that is advised in this thread, I would really like to see a video of how you play, to see the atrocious difficulty of the that you talk so much about but that I have never seen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

no matter how you deal with them it kills the flow of gameplay

Killing one enemy is now too much? One enemy that my efficiency Exalted Blade build sneezes to oblivion? Wow 🙄

Edited by Thorham
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Thorham said:

Killing one enemy is now too much?

so there is a thing in the game now that makes it so only one Jade can spawn at at time? no I didn't think so.

8 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

It's an exaggeration because you talk as if it were the most difficult enemy you've ever seen in video games

no you only choose to interpret my dislike of the mechanic that way, its not an exaggeration, its called highlighting what I feel can be issues with the mechanic.

8 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

Use the Preparation mod from the Arbitration vendor and you can skip the energy gain part.

I don't want to give up mod or gem slot, though I might use dig dog once companions 2.0 part 2 rolls around if they are updated to be as good as their sentinel counterparts.

8 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

1.*snip* 2. *snip* 3. *snip*

I am not disputing counters to those exist I am saying none of them add anything meaningful to the fun or flow of gameplay in my opinion

I am saying the path of least resistance is just playing a warframe that can completely ignore the jade mechanic and players will take the path of least resistance!

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

so there is a thing in the game now that makes it so only one Jade can spawn at at time? no I didn't think so.

Sure, but is it really such a big deal? One or several, just kill them, it's not difficult (even with a sub-optimal build), or are you playing level cap or something?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thorham said:

Sure, but is it really such a big deal?

In the sense that its game stopping? no not all of the time, in that I think it detracts from the fun of the game? some of the times yes!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I think it was infested! which emphasizes my point, under the right circumstances things can insta-kill you which people were making out to be a simple "just dodge", IMO we need less situations where things can "just kill you" catching you in a cc or with a shields generally pants down situation. so my point being that Jade light just adds another one of these "I guess I just die" situations in the right circumstances.

But it had nothing to do with Jade Light, and everything to do with toxin damage and how risky it is  running around with Ivara unstealthed.  Probably with no tanking mods, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I am not disputing counters to those exist I am saying none of them add anything meaningful to the fun or flow of gameplay in my opinion

I feel differently.  Jade Light's freshened up the game for me.  Only very slightly, but that's all I expect from a new eximus unit.  I definitely don't feel like they're oppressive outside of Ascension.

I'm not saying they're perfectly executed.  But I wouldn't say they're very far off either.  A lot of the issues people have with them seem to me to be as much about other things, like how dangerous revives can be, how fragile some frames are, and how silly Mesmer Skin and Overguard can get.

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I am saying the path of least resistance is just playing a warframe that can completely ignore the jade mechanic and players will take the path of least resistance!

Some players will.  Also even those players have different definitions of what defines the path of least resistance.  Only a percentage will put "risk of dying" higher than everything else.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

am not disputing counters to those exist I am saying none of them add anything meaningful to the fun or flow of gameplay in my opinion

Yeah they do? 

Like the Jade Light main issue is generally an issue with the rest of Warframe's enemy abilities. But the Jade Light itself is more than fair and adds more to the meaningful gameplay of Warframe.

While also being, probably, the best enemy ability design in the game. 

The ramp up means that you don't instantly die if it clips you, ala Blitz. The long cast time and sound cue means you can tell it's coming instead of coming out immediately with only a split second of animation, ala Arson and Shock. The Heat damage, instead of True Damage as I'd thought it would be thank god, means that it's still block able by Shield Gate Instead of it slapping down your health immediately, ala Toxic. 

My only issue is that it's a slight AoE at the ground laser and that enemies don't have a tell which one is casting the laser, which causes issue when there's more than one Jade Eximus.

• Like 1