The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

Fellas, I have technically discovered a way for some Warframes to have cat ears... of sorts.

2920-860de5f1-0a1c-46dc-b6cf-3753c73cd01

If the Krios Signa is positioned just enough into the helmet of a given Warframe, the metallic leaves at the top protrude upwards, very similarly to a cats' ears! Sure, this probably won't work on some most helmets, and it probably helps that Atlas Prime's Helmet is actually quite big, but still, I felt like this was a fun discovery I had to share here. :P

• Like 2

On 2024-09-19 at 10:35 PM, Sporthand said:

You are looking for something like this:
Purple-Cat-Bunny-skin-The-First-Descenda

If I had the cat ears, I would give it to my operator!

PNLpEVh.jpg

I'm completely on board with a Cat Ear Headband for the Operator/Drifter, especially if the cosmetic is part of a set calling back to the old kuria design:

PreU17Orokitty.png

igHmuJm.jpeg

Edited by (XBOX)Omega399
Better quality picture
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Omega399 said:

I'm completely on board with a Cat Ear Headband for the Operator/Drifter, especially if the cosmetic is part of a set calling back to the old kuria design:

PreU17Orokitty.png

Thank you for your supportive opinion. I would like to check the actual outlook after my operator wears that!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)Omega399 said:

PreU17Orokitty.png

We already have cat ears for them, I’m talking for our warframes 

4 hours ago, PrimeLabsInc said:

If this thread tells me anything, then it's that this topic is so highly contentious that DE probably wanna avoid it for now.

DE is not scared to add things some players fear, that's been well established, we had this same outcry about the bunny ears...some players are just terrified of fuzzy things other people wear. 

Some people literally fear anything that does not fall into the little boxes they create in their minds to slice up the world so they can cope.

Apparently, for some, that includes bunny ears and cat ears.

So, after all the many rounds of forum kvetching that have occurred at much higher levels than this when DE added things some hated and kept them, this is tame compared.

I don't see DE being scared of adding more fuzzy ears just because a few forum posters are scared of them.

So many supposed adults so frightened of whimsy, it's really kind of sad, but typical for gamers full of angst and fear.

• Like 3

il y a 10 minutes, Zimzala a dit :

[...] some players are just terrified of fuzzy things other people wear.
[...] Some people literally fear anything that does not fall into the little boxes they create in their minds to slice up the world so they can cope.
[...] a few forum posters are scared of them.
[...] So many supposed adults so frightened of whimsy, it's really kind of sad, but typical for gamers full of angst and fear.

The only thing people are afraid here are of people not being able to see the meaning and implications of symbols and signs. Many things can be read, understood, and perceived from different point of view.

For a given example of misunderstanding of symbols and meanings, here is one allegory for you :

One Indian could go in Germany and sway a flag harboring his cultural and religious symbol of prosperity and good luck, a peaceful and cute image for him ; and get instantanely jailed, if not beaten to death.

Because symbols and signs can be interpreted in many different manners depending of the cultures and the people.

Nobody is scared of a cosmetic, or what other people wear or do for that matter. If they are not annoyed by its lack of relevant context, they are disturbed by its meaning. The real and only scary part is when people don't even consider others point of view. You talk about little boxed minds, I don't think you really understand what you mean by that when you dismiss all layers of readings.

Stop pointing fingers and calling people "narrow-minded, scared, sad, full of angst and fear" ; that's misdirected and completely out of context. Don't be provocative just because people don't like the same thing as you do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PrimeLabsInc said:

If this thread tells me anything, then it's that this topic is so highly contentious that DE probably wanna avoid it for now.

Bunny ears were just as """highly contentious""" and DE added permanent ones anyways.

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

If they are not annoyed by its lack of relevant context, they are disturbed by its meaning.

They're cat ears dude.

• Like 4

Alright. Ultimatum time.

@dwqrf & @3xt1inct, cut it out and move on. If you post here again with the intention of restarting arguments, it will be treated as derailing behavior and will be dealt with accordingly.

If you believe someone is violating the rules and attacking you, use the forum report button. The moderation team will review it, and act accordingly. If no action is taken, this will indicate the posts in question were not found to be in violation of the forum rules.. And as an added bonus, I'll make sure your reports get picked up by another moderator so there's no perceived impropriety.

• Like 10

I believe we can make this work.

Style the ears after Venari's ears, call it "Venari Headgear", put in auxiliary, no lore problems, Warframe aesthetic preserved, everyone is happy. And, since there's more than enough people whore are not going to use them, they stay rare enough to not be an eyesore.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

was there this level of hysterics when Rabbit ears were added?

It happened.

I do not recall the argument that bunny ears were going to evoke a sexual kink as the claim that has been made about cat ears, but I recall the rest of the same tired arguments and angst having been launched against bunny ears as well.

The players that want to force others to only wear what they deem appropriate were out in full force then as well, claiming the game would be ruined by bunny ears, which, as far as I can tell, has not happened, so one could postulate that the addition of cat ears will also not ruin the game.

But what do I know, I am just an old gamer geek that enjoys silly things.

Edited by Zimzala
speeling
  • Like 2

Lil spoiler of Koumei's Alternate Helmet. Just wanted to share this here, since I suppose this is the 'Cat Ear' thread. :3

Spoiler

2024-09-27%2022_18_36-Warframe%20-%20Twi

I don't know what exactly animal she's supposed to be here, I can see a hint of rabbit from the long ears, or a goat... BUT either way, it looks like she has cat ears.

Edited by Xycelium
  • Like 1