The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to Not Receive Other Player Buffs

Chicken-Lad

As the title suggests it would be nice to have the option to not be forced into receiving certain buffs from teammates. This is mostly in relation to Volt's Speed and Wisp's Speed Motes. I understand the utility and function of these buffs, but I find them to be incredibly annoying in public lobbies where other players constantly spam them and have high ability strength. I can get rather nauseous when playing games due to high screen shake or motion blur which is why I immediately turn those off in the settings. The speed buffs from those abilities cause my screen to shake and create motion blur which doesn't help me manage my nausea. This may be an unpopular opinion, but i also know others feel the same about these abilities and I personally don't like running missions with other Volts or Wisps because of this issue. 

• Like 3

Yeah it has been suggested before and it will be suggested again. Maybe someday implemented as well. I dont care if you have health problems, if youre a tryhard or "ability racist", just add this option and all will be happy, even people who dont care, like me.

• Like 1

I believe the remedy for this is called "not playing Titania", especially since it always seems to be Titania players whining about this.

Semi-joking aside, the best advice would be to do things that make you go slower like not sprinting, keeping to bullet jumping, holding down your aim button, and (with all seriousness this time) not playing frames like Titania that actively promote motion sickness even without speed buffs.  One trick I do personally is try to focus my view on my minimap while I'm moving since no matter what sort of speed buff you get, it should always remain fixed even if you go into full map view.

If none of that works for your nausea, then that means it's bad enough that I'd question how you even play this game or any shooter in the first place.

2 hours ago, Raarsi said:

I believe the remedy for this is called "not playing Titania", especially since it always seems to be Titania players whining about this.

not playing frames like Titania that actively promote motion sickness even without speed buffs. 

All melee jumps like madman even with everything turned off.

I guess with screen shake enabled all guns make screen into... Banshee's eartquake.

If none of that works for your nausea, then that means it's bad enough that I'd question how you even play this game or any shooter in the first place.

+1

I would say that OP cna turn even more options like:

- screenshake

- motion blur (?)

- effect intensify

- particles (random dots flying around)

- etc.

I don't have isues like OP but I have almost all settings off or minimum. I have "reduce teammate stuff" turned on but it doesn't work. Only intensify at 42 & melee effects (I like melee). Maybe FOV & good brightness (colors) may help. I remember how horrible Void storms (railjack) were. I bet someone got epilepsy from all that flashing light.