The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ally elemental buffs breaking weapon builds

kerozen666

So today i was doing netracells and ran into a friendy gauss who was running the thremal sunder augment that grant cold and heat elementl buff to our weapons. An amazing buff, but one that is double edged. Since tho buffs affect our weapons as modded elemental damage, it will combine on any loose base element we might be running that would be key to our builds. Primary frostbite, cascadia flare, melee influence, shivering contagion, all piece of modding that are dependant on loose elements. So when you have a friendly tenno ready to give you those buffs, it end up hurting you.

Altering those buffs to avoid combination with currently modded elements would be great to avoid accidental griefing, and also make those buffs something one can run without havign to worry about griefing (would also prevent people knowingly running those builds to grief)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerozen666 said:

So today i was doing netracells and ran into a friendy gauss who was running the thremal sunder augment that grant cold and heat elementl buff to our weapons. An amazing buff, but one that is double edged. Since tho buffs affect our weapons as modded elemental damage, it will combine on any loose base element we might be running that would be key to our builds. Primary frostbite, cascadia flare, melee influence, shivering contagion, all piece of modding that are dependant on loose elements. So when you have a friendly tenno ready to give you those buffs, it end up hurting you.

Altering those buffs to avoid combination with currently modded elements would be great to avoid accidental griefing, and also make those buffs something one can run without havign to worry about griefing (would also prevent people knowingly running those builds to grief)

Yeah, I think we're about due for an "accidental griefing" pass on a lot of buffs/abilities.  Solitary elemental types are incentivized in many ways, yet other players may inadvertently ruin that for us, as you point out.  There's the perennial "Volt/Wisp is making me go too fast" crowd to satisfy as well, in addition to the ways Harrow can just crumple your Devouring Attrition build of choice by pressing his 4.  I'd put Limbo's entire kit on that pass as well.

DE is at least marginally aware that some buffs are unwelcome, as evidenced by the somewhat recent changes to overguard and rage/hunter's adrenaline.  But there's more work to be done.

I think our only real recourses for now are communication and forming groups ahead of time though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

DE is at least marginally aware that some buffs are unwelcome, as evidenced by the somewhat recent changes to overguard and rage/hunter's adrenaline.  But there's more work to be done.

i think they are more than marginally aware, painfully even, but are bound by the situation of the studio. it's not a big studio, they only have so much people working, and nw content has to keep priority to keep people coming. i'm pretty sure the only reason it's still going is that they never got the opportunity or the urgent need to adress those. Overguard got changed because inaros just got reworked, and instantly got smacked by the new frame the rework came with, so it became urgent to fix. With the curent trend of every other update being QoL, i think it might be a fix we see soon