The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Dealt mission stat is broken (again? still?)

4thBro

1 minute ago, Karyst said:

Because shattering impact is flat 6 armor removed while the amalgam argonak is damage based so this is not about stacking but about shattering impact being obsolete in conjunction with amalgam argonak. As for the face it is expected that when you make a video showing your facial gestures, for example drowning over MR11 on earth exploring the place, one can quickly conclude that you are arrogant and coupling it with your display of knowledge of Warframe that you are ignorant too. You often make absolute statements that are easily turned against you by simply giving one example contrary to your statement. 

What in the actual hell is happening right now??

First of all, amalgam argonak is not damage based. It also lowers armor by a flat amount. (But no, I'm the one lacking experience and knowledge.)

Second, I'm ARROGANT because I was laughing about an MR11 literally walking in the opposite direction of where the enemies are? That's a bit of a leap, don't you think?

This is ridiculous. I just made a thread that the stats are broken. How are we here right now???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Wait - what? Have I been rused? I guess I couldn't tell your side until now.

For one, you don't know my experience, and I'm not sure why you assume it's low. But let's put that aside, as it is irrelevant to the discussion.

My video shows proof. If you wanna call it a small sample size, then go ahead. Go do a big sample size. But you know what that level 1 Earth mission is?

A very CONTROLLED environment.

You know the enemies. You know their level. The stats you get are the most direct and clear stats you're going to get. You don't have wildly varying enemy types with varying HP, and growing/scaling levels, etc etc. You just have THESE guys. Now go do testing.

That's the environment there.

And I VERY DISTINCTLY show myself doing millions of damage, killing X amount of enemies, and then observing a new player with MK weapons killing Y amount of enemies.

And guess what?

With me at 1 kill and him at 2, I had 33% dmg and he had 66%.

When I killed 2 enemies and he killed 3 enemies, we were 40% and 60% respectively.

What more do you want??? Go do the same test 100 times. The results will be the same.

How are you gonna sit there and tell me I'm wrong, or I don't know what dmg he's doing, or even that I lack game experience???

Go do something. Go prove YOUR point, if mine is wrong, and my proof means nothing.

Go do something.

I am not dwarf you are 'arguing' with. You going of of 3 kill sample is enough of a proof of your lack of experience and anyone with enough experience knows this as was already mentioned. The fact is that this is about you who hate's to be critisized. The fact that you didn't comment on my note of you frowning over that MR11 in the beginning of your vid on Earth is a clear example of that. Have a 'sensational' rest of this post and see you in the other 'hot' topic

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

What in the actual hell is happening right now??

First of all, amalgam argonak is not damage based. It also lowers armor by a flat amount. (But no, I'm the one lacking experience and knowledge.)

Second, I'm ARROGANT because I was laughing about an MR11 literally walking in the opposite direction of where the enemies are? That's a bit of a leap, don't you think?

This is ridiculous. I just made a thread that the stats are broken. How are we here right now???

Yes you are because: All damage effects from daggers, including Status damage ( Slash,  Heat,  Toxin,  Electricity,  Gas and  Blast procs) will reduce armor. This is what is meant by it being damage based. But due to your unfamiliarity with in-game terminology you couldn't possibly know that. 

Yes you are arrogant because: ' I was laughing about an MR11 literally walking in the opposite direction of where the enemies are'

Why are you doing this to yourself? 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Because shattering impact is flat 6 armor removed while the amalgam argonak is damage based

This statement implies that Argonak removes more armor the more damage you deal.

Both, Shattering and Argonak, are flat removal. They are exactly the same in terminology. You don't get to say I "lack game knowledge to follow your wording." YOU used the wrong wording, and your sentence was incredibly misleading.

24 minutes ago, Karyst said:

You going of of 3 kill sample is enough of a proof of your lack of experience

Like I said.

Go do something.

This test remains consistent every time. You wanna go kill 5000 of the same enemy, same level? Go ahead. I dunno where you're gonna find an environment that has that, but you seem sure it exists somewhere, if you're calling me out for only using a small handful of enemies so that I can KNOW their type and level.

Go do something.

Enough of the crap. Go prove me wrong, or prove yourself right.

Put your back into it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

This statement implies that Argonak removes more armor the more damage you deal.

Both, Shattering and Argonak, are flat removal. They are exactly the same in terminology. You don't get to say I "lack game knowledge to follow your wording." YOU used the wrong wording, and your sentence was incredibly misleading.

Like I said.

Go do something.

This test remains consistent every time. You wanna go kill 5000 of the same enemy, same level? Go ahead. I dunno where you're gonna find an environment that has that, but you seem sure it exists somewhere, if you're calling me out for only using a small handful of enemies so that I can KNOW their type and level.

Go do something.

Enough of the crap. Go prove me wrong, or prove yourself right.

Put your back into it.

Topic of armor removal has already been made clear, it's only those who like to play a word game that they are renowned on forums for already keep talking about it.

Now onto damage dealt topic. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/jxqgbk/how_damage_dealt_works_as_seen_in_the_mission/?rdt=61778

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karyst said:

Topic of armor removal has already been made clear, it's only those who like to play a word game that they are renowned on forums for already keep talking about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/jxqgbk/how_damage_dealt_works_as_seen_in_the_mission/?rdt=61778

Can we conclude this topic now? Right after you do one more testing vs. shielded units?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karyst said:

... I'm not the one playing word games, but I'll move on from that infinite combo.

Very interesting link! I'm going to test this once I get home. I also have a theory, and I know how I'll test it.

I'm guessing it's counting overkill on their shields specifically, as the enemy is still alive from a big hit due to their shield gating.

I'm going to make sure I have zero toxin damage, and slam the S#&$ out of some corpus, and see how the Damage Dealt stat interacts. I will do both, slam to overkill the shields but not kill the foe, then try slamming twice to kill shields AND health, and see if it's registering both full instances of damage.

THEN I will add toxin, and see if it still calculates the overkill (whether it calculates it just on the shield, or maybe for shield + health. This might be a hard test, but I'll see how it goes.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

... I'm not the one playing word games, but I'll move on from that infinite combo.

Very interesting link! I'm going to test this once I get home. I also have a theory, and I know how I'll test it.

I'm guessing it's counting overkill on their shields specifically, as the enemy is still alive from a big hit due to their shield gating.

I'm going to make sure I have zero toxin damage, and slam the S#&$ out of some corpus, and see how the Damage Dealt stat interacts. I will do both, slam to overkill the shields but not kill the foe, then try slamming twice to kill shields AND health, and see if it's registering both full instances of damage.

THEN I will add toxin, and see if it still calculates the overkill (whether it calculates it just on the shield, or maybe for shield + health. This might be a hard test, but I'll see how it goes.)

Very well.

52 minutes ago, Karyst said:

lol took a look here through your profile page, apparently I'm not the only one that thinks you use wording wrong and fail to grasp nuance, srry i just think its funny. That is all i have to say here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Karyst said:

Very well.

Indeed, shielded units are the cause of the bug.

Funny that I've never tested it on Corpus. But that's understandable to not think of it. I'm not a professional bug tester.

15 minutes ago, Quest said:

heres some concept art i made for what the mission stats should look like

LuBepkQ.png

i worked very hard on this and hope it gets added

You need to be able to see your kill count.  I'm not really seeing what you did other than showing more drops without using the scroll bar.  You can see these things in mission too if you hit P.

1 hour ago, 4thBro said:

Credits are shown 3 times, it's obviously a (pretty funny) troll post.

I figured he was serious because he was talking about seeing more drops on the prior page.  I didn't know these stats interfered.  I would not want kill count removed because it's a reference point for testing.

If we're talking about the UI showing more drops, they could do both, but unless there's some scaling option I'm unaware of or haven't set, it eventually hides many drops which can be annoying if farming a particular resource to some.  Mod drops are a big part of useless space that could be on a separate tab or just reworking the mid mission and end of mission screens entirely.  I think resolution affects these screens as well and probably some scaling UI in the settings.

Otherwise if it can't be fixed, they could overhaul those screens, like on the mods screen it only scrolls in stacks of 3, when it could be easily triple that, or viewing codex, or foundry also.  Let's be honest, none of these things are very important.  I'd rather they not fix end of mission, but give a toggle to turn off loading all the cosmetics instead.

On 2024-09-14 at 12:51 PM, zThulsaDoomz said:

Tbh, even though I gave up on pubs a long time ago, imo the dmg dealt stat line needs to go.  

It just causes more problems than it's worth, and that's without any bugs

Damage done is 100% ego padding, yes. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

lol took a look here through your profile page, apparently I'm not the only one that thinks you use wording wrong and fail to grasp nuance, srry i just think its funny. That is all i have to say here.

Perhaps you're used to skibidi style of wording? Likewise, when you aren't sure when someone is serious and when they are trolling, you will certainly think that. It's called being in doubt.

Edited by Karyst
Modification OF WORDING

I'd bet my life that the same people that call the Damage Dealt stat "ego padding" are the same people that fight tooth & nail to keep certain Frames (with certain buffs) vulnerable during Operator in order to "combat AFK farmers."

(If you're not sure what the contradiction is, keep thinking about it.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karyst said:

Perhaps you're used to skibidi style of wording? Likewise, when you aren't sure when someone is serious and when they are trolling, you will certainly think that. It's called being in doubt.

No, i am not, what is skibidi anyway? You are discussing problems on a public forum, you should only deal in facts. Exagerations and sarcasm only make having a discussion harder. Your poor choice of words is disturbing to say the least, it shows education levels for language courses have dropped even further.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

No, i am not, what is skibidi anyway? You are discussing problems on a public forum, you should only deal in facts. Exagerations and sarcasm only make having a discussion harder. Your poor choice of words is disturbing to say the least, it shows education levels for language courses have dropped even further.

Considering the fact that you are on your, I think 4th reply, still talking about my choice of words and not topic at hand, I find the level of your projection off the charts. Still, I am not offended, since I know, that such is behaviour of individuals, that have nothing to contribute yet want to be included. Perhaps, if you interacted with people outside of Warframe forums, you would quickly find out more people who have a similar choice of words to that of mine. Just because you have never witnessed a thing, doesn't make that thing strange nor funny. Sincerely , some random non-native English speaker.

1 hour ago, Karyst said:

Considering the fact that you are on your, I think 4th reply, still talking about my choice of words and not topic at hand, I find the level of your projection off the charts. Still, I am not offended, since I know, that such is behaviour of individuals, that have nothing to contribute yet want to be included. Perhaps, if you interacted with people outside of Warframe forums, you would quickly find out more people who have a similar choice of words to that of mine. Just because you have never witnessed a thing, doesn't make that thing strange nor funny. Sincerely , some random non-native English speaker.

Well in this thread this is the 3rd comment on your choice of words and it is your first cohesive message! I interact with a lot of people. Coincidentally to help them with the use of the English language  (not going into which form, style or jargon as it may contain too much info about myself). Just on your grammar alone you make the same mistakes as most 10 year olds. I always advise non-native speakers to have a native speaker proofread for the exact mistakes you make, you did not master the English language very well, especially it's nuances and subtle differences in meaning when selecting words. The structure "when you aren't sure when someone... and when someone..." like you used is honestly a stain, what you should use is "when you aren't sure if someone is being ... or ....". I can say as someone who interacts with a lot of people in English, your choice of words is weird, because as a non-native speaker you are at a disadvantage both grammar and vocabulary wise.

Yet even though you cannot comprehensively convey information in English you claim to have both moral and informational authority on many fora, that is why I react and what I find funny, especially when someone other than me tells you the same things as I did and you disregard them.

Edited by 3xt1inct
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quest said:

are you guys going to discuss the topic or just insult each other until it gets locked

To be fair, I did solve the title question, with the assistance of the suggestion from Karyst's linked thread.

But in response to that, it sure would be nice to get some sort of response to the fact that I tested these scenarios, proved what the answers were, and put up YT's for this.

For a question that - as seen in this thread - was widespread with misinformation and uncertainty.

But oh well, I guess. I've seen often enough that people are more interested in the drama "entertainment" than the actual topics.

If this thread reaches a few more pages, though, I'm gonna start charging rent.

4 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Well in this thread this is the 3rd comment on your choice of words and it is your first cohesive message! I interact with a lot of people. Coincidentally to help them with the use of the English language  (not going into which form, style or jargon as it may contain too much info about myself). Just on your grammar alone you make the same mistakes as most 10 year olds. I always advise non-native speakers to have a native speaker proofread for the exact mistakes you make, you did not master the English language very well, especially it's nuances and subtle differences in meaning when selecting words. The structure "when you aren't sure when someone... and when someone..." like you used is honestly a stain, what you should use is "when you aren't sure if someone is being ... or ....". I can say as someone who interacts with a lot of people in English, your choice of words is weird, because as a non-native speaker you are at a disadvantage both grammar and vocabulary wise.

Yet even though you cannot comprehensively convey information in English you claim to have both moral and informational authority on many fora, that is why I react and what I find funny, especially when someone other than me tells you the same things as I did and you disregard them.

Of course I disregard them because we are on Warframe forums and the amount of effort and attention I put in is equal to amount of effort and attention I put into the game itself. Do you now understand? It has nothing to do whether or not I'm native English speaker. Considering your sudden change of note after I wrote that I'm non-native English speaker, it would seem that you are prone to assumptions which creates opportunity for an argument. If there is something that seems 'weird' and/or funny, do ask to find out as to what might be the reason behind it.