Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth In Warframe

(PSN)Qatsmasher

Could you guys please improve stealth? I get a lot of satisfaction from games like Metal Gear Solid when I can finish a mission without anyone knowing I'm there. Not much of a space ninja if you're going Rambo 99% of the time, now are you? Certain mission types seem more suited for stealth, such as Rescue, Spy, Sabotage, etc. Instead, if you're seen you better abort the mission and try again or hold down the trigger and run through the rest of the level.

I swear, if an enemy even looks at a control console it goes off and alerts everyone. There is also no reliable way to tell if they'll see you. You don't know their cone of vision, their distance they can see, etc. Their pathfinding is also unpredictable, which is good except when they keep flip-flopping at the edge of a door or wall. There isn't a good way to sneak up and take them out when they're basically rotating in place.

I get no satisfaction from meat grinding through 100's of enemies. It seems the only gameplay in this game right now is to throw more and more enemies at you in an effort to overwhelm you. You can't explore levels at all because once you're on the scanners it's wave after wave of fodder to waste my time shooting at. That's not engaging to begin with. It's rote and boring.

I was really digging this game initially but now that I'm around 10 hours in I'm realizing that it's just the same old point-gun-pull-trigger-non-stop game as every other game on the market. It just happens to have fantastic art direction and cool lore.

Maybe Warframe isn't for me, but I'd like it to be.

Well I agree they could buff the stealth systems a bit... especially when it comes to those F****ers activating the alarms, you're right, as soon as they touch them, you have minimal time to drop them...I estimate 2 to 3 seconds... I have killed them on the panel before without it activating... however if being seen means you have to leave the level then I assume you're probably trying to play alone, which in this game is generally not always a good thing anyway.

BUT - I started off with Loki, and let me just say, you can in fact get from point A to B and the B to extraction in Capture games with minimal to no detection... Capture being like the only game :/  He serves as an infiltrator unit, so take your time to learn maps... especially the hidden entrances to ventilation systems, almost always you can drop down on your Capture target from a vent, instead of going around the big fight that people almost always initiate -_-  But Loki's maximized invisibility actually lasts a nice chunk of time, as long as you keep opening a chest or two along the way you should be fine to keep your energy up as well.

That being said, if you aren't Loki, then it's simply not possible, or at the very least not worth attempting, which is why I agree the stealth needs to be fixed... Loki is supposed to be super stealth but he shouldn't be the only stealth... my Rhino for example has nothing to offer to keep me hidden lol, luckily I can drop those alarm guys before they do anything, but that's not really stealth imo.

I have an Ash frame, which is pitched as a stealth frame. It's the reason I put down the money for platinum to buy him. I unknowingly chose Mag as my starter frame because I wanted a female frame and there is no description of the frames you're choosing from and no indication that the choice is semi-permanent. Loki said for advanced players so of course I didn't choose him.

I mostly play solo but I do like to hop into certain game types and play with a group. When I play alone I want to be stealthy.

Hey, I haven't been able to build a stealth Warframe yet, but I am definitely interested in playing stealthy. I also enjoy Metal Gear and playing stealth in games like Unit 13, Killzone Mercenary and the ol' Ghost Recon. There are a lot of action games where stealth is optional, and unfortunately Warframe isn't really as good as any of them at the moment. A lot of it has to do with the random levels and enemy placement which can sometimes be really difficult to bypass. Save your invisibilty for these situations I guess!

I did look up some options you may consider to further your stealth game. Look on the Wiki for more info on how to acquire these weapons and options.

Mods:

Constitution and Continuity can extend Ash's Invisibility

Enemy Sense and Enemy Radar will show enemies on the minimap.

Hush reduces rifle noise

Primed Chamber increases the damage that the first round of a clip deals, perfect for sniping

Suppress reduces pistol noise

The Paris bow is naturally silent, and can be modded for devastating headshots.

The Glaive melee weapon can also be thrown for stealth kills. Modded for charge damage it can kill most enemies instantly.

The throwing stars and Kunai may also compliment this style of play.

Unfortunately Loki is locked away in Neptune, which is a high level zone, but you could start making your way there. Since you have a Mag, you could probably power your way there by focusing on Pull and Crush. Or ask for another player to let you join in a Neptune mission. This will skip you ahead so you can continue on your own.

Banshee is another stealthy option that can be collected randomly by completing Spy, Capture, and Defense missions. She can silence any attack, but has no invisibility options.

I hope you are able to perfect your stealth technique, I want to believe it's possible because I want to try it too!

Edited by (PS4)Traumadore

Hey, I haven't been able to build a stealth Warframe yet, but I am definitely interested in playing stealthy. I also enjoy Metal Gear and playing stealth in games like Unit 13, Killzone Mercenary and the ol' Ghost Recon. There are a lot of action games where stealth is optional, and unfortunately Warframe isn't really as good as any of them at the moment. A lot of it has to do with the random levels and enemy placement which can sometimes be really difficult to bypass. Save your invisibilty for these situations I guess!

I did look up some options you may consider to further your stealth game. Look on the Wiki for more info on how to acquire these weapons and options.

Mods:

Constitution and Continuity can extend Ash's Invisibility

Enemy Sense and Enemy Radar will show enemies on the minimap.

Hush reduces rifle noise

Primed Chamber increases the damage that the first round of a clip deals, perfect for sniping

Suppress reduces pistol noise

The Paris bow is naturally silent, and can be modded for devastating headshots.

The Glaive melee weapon can also be thrown for stealth kills. Modded for charge damage it can kill most enemies instantly.

The throwing stars and Kunai may also compliment this style of play.

Unfortunately Loki is locked away in Neptune, which is a high level zone, but you could start making your way there. Since you have a Mag, you could probably power your way there by focusing on Pull and Crush. Or ask for another player to let you join in a Neptune mission. This will skip you ahead so you can continue on your own.

Banshee is another stealthy option that can be collected randomly by completing Spy, Capture, and Defense missions. She can silence any attack, but has no invisibility options.

I hope you are able to perfect your stealth technique, I want to believe it's possible because I want to try it too!

Thanks for the tips. I have a few mods currently that help. Enemy Sense/Enemy Radar would be tremendous. I'm at a loss at to how or where to acquire it though. Same with Constitution and Continuity, those would be a big help.

I'm trying to gather resources for Kunai right now but not much luck as some of it is locked away in other planets. Paris or Glaive would be great too but I'm guessing those are also tough to get resources for or are locked away higher up.

I'm going to keep at it I think. It's just frustrating to have your entire run shot because of things that shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again.

Well I agree they could buff the stealth systems a bit... especially when it comes to those F****ers activating the alarms, you're right, as soon as they touch them, you have minimal time to drop them...I estimate 2 to 3 seconds... I have killed them on the panel before without it activating... however if being seen means you have to leave the level then I assume you're probably trying to play alone, which in this game is generally not always a good thing anyway.

BUT - I started off with Loki, and let me just say, you can in fact get from point A to B and the B to extraction in Capture games with minimal to no detection... Capture being like the only game :/  He serves as an infiltrator unit, so take your time to learn maps... especially the hidden entrances to ventilation systems, almost always you can drop down on your Capture target from a vent, instead of going around the big fight that people almost always initiate -_-  But Loki's maximized invisibility actually lasts a nice chunk of time, as long as you keep opening a chest or two along the way you should be fine to keep your energy up as well.

That being said, if you aren't Loki, then it's simply not possible, or at the very least not worth attempting, which is why I agree the stealth needs to be fixed... Loki is supposed to be super stealth but he shouldn't be the only stealth... my Rhino for example has nothing to offer to keep me hidden lol, luckily I can drop those alarm guys before they do anything, but that's not really stealth imo.

Even more annoying is that even if you knock them away from the consoles, they will STILL activate the alarms if you don't kill them.

Same with enemies with special attacks such as the shockwave moas.  If you knock them down, they will still do their skill (without the animation) unless you kill them.