The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's just not fun anymore

Haleks

If you cant beat them, join them. 

Stopping to smell the roses doesn't last long in any game anyway. Efficiency wins in the end.

Btw, I got max MR on TFD and that game also had early great co-op qualities up until most players used Bunny/got strong. The latest Descendant also brought Colossi fights that used to be bottlenecks into sometimes seconds long encounters. 

What we got here isn't some isolated experience at all.

Edited by Alpha_Tango
Added some beef for context

1 hour ago, vixenpixel said:

It's better not to engage that person at all imo. It only leads to annoyance.

Omggg HOW are you still following me around??? Have you even said anything in this thread yet, other than this???

I already told the guy he's right and that I completely missed part of the OP's post. What else you want me to do, Ms. Pixel? Or you gonna run off back into the shadows like you usually do, and keep indirectly addressing me without looking me in the eye?

• Like 2

il y a 19 minutes, Alpha_Tango a dit :

Stopping to smell the roses doesn't last long in any game anyway.

Warframe still has a ultra massive codex farm of scanning enemis and item entries, and collectibles hunting, that can be considered as "stopping and smelling the roses" though.

But that's moslty done solo, sadly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Warframe still has a ultra massive codex farm of scanning enemis and item entries, and collectibles hunting, that can be considered as "stopping and smelling the roses" though.

But that's moslty done solo, sadly.

I think In 10 + yrs of gaming here, I accomplished most of that without even trying.

But players differ, I'm just not into completing scanning enemies we obliterate after our WF sneezes.

il y a 4 minutes, Alpha_Tango a dit :

I think In 10 + yrs of gaming here, I accomplished most of that without even trying.

Are you sure about that ? 😉

The difficulty to find all the fishes, memories, family tokens, and duviri's fragments ; isn't done by "accident".

-

Staying on subject :

With recent additions to the game, we had more often squad based gamemodes (Archon, Netracell, EDA) which feature a +50% health on enemies per player in the squad. Would you all find that a good generic addition to the game, on top of increase amount of enemies in normal ? or just in SP ? ; That could lead to less "carry" from the speedrunners, but also might make the new players struggle even more when encountering a lost Nox in squad they didn't mean to join.

I'm gonna say it, LIMBO THEM! NOW!

In all seriousness, I get that feeling. It #*!%ing sucks trying to level up anything or trying out builds when some mountain dew addict is emptying the map 2 universes ahead of you, specially if it happens too many times in a row. Like most I just gave up on society, I focus on running solo for the missions I care about and happily leech off of adderall abusers for end-of-mission loot. I feel that you issues could also be tackled with matchmaking, but that would be another can of worms. Look at it this way, if you don't like how TS works right now then the best idea is to voice it. This thread is great because it adds a perspective to the game. What happens when a new player who loved the new-new player experience runs into frustration because they can't level up or learn the game due to an overused meta? They leave. People cry when their personal fun is nor prioritized be it you, me, or anyone else. Don't let my whining suppress your whining, because only through whining will DE give a single #*!%.

That said, I also want TS nerfed. I'm bored of the meta already and would rather see an unnecessary buff to Grendel so we can play bowling for a good month. What meta do you want to see that will make you play public lobbies more?

• Like 1

I am in agreement with the OP - that the design expectations for new player experience is kinda skewed and a proper game balance would help with that,

But let us first accept that different players want different things out of the game , some players don't actually care about the "experience" of playing the game so to speak , they are more interested in just the results and not the means to acquire it , and there are those for whom just seeing enemies melt with as little effort as possible is the most satisfying outcome. These are not the only type of players either, many have their own niche goals.

There is no way that a single design philosophy will please everyone , 

The only rational solution is to segregate the different players as per their preferences.

A proper matchmaking setup (not just public or premade) where the objective is clear and agreed between the participants before hand is what will reduce some of the angst. This of course does not protect against bad actors unless a mechanism exists for checks and balances.

Eg: A lobby where there is a condition that all enemies have greater resistance to AoE but take more damage to weakspots.

Or a "New player friendly" option where you mods are recalculated to be of a lower rank or effective damage is reduced so you don't disrupt the gameplay.

Not too dissimilar from sortie/netracells/DA conditions but across the universe like steel path.

This is with the assumption that DE is simply not going to do any actual balancing of the game.

20 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Staying on subject :

With recent additions to the game, we had more often squad based gamemodes (Archon, Netracell, EDA) which feature a +50% health on enemies per player in the squad. Would you all find that a good generic addition to the game, on top of increase amount of enemies in normal ? or just in SP ? ; That could lead to less "carry" from the speedrunners, but also might make the new players struggle even more when encountering a lost Nox in squad they didn't mean to join.

I guess it could be an improvement, maybe even better if the health bonus scales with each player gear or frame level, but I doubt anyone would feel any difference at low level.

IMO it all boils down to certain abilities being able to affect countless enemies, either simultaneously or in a very short span of time. Take Excalibur : his 1st can insta kill anything at low level, but by the time you zip through all foes in a room, your team mates have ample time to land a few shots or cast an ability of their own. His 3rd is extremely powerful at low level, but compared to TS, the key differences are casting speed, and the fact that it cannot be cast while moving, giving other players enough time to either catch up or go on ahead to the next room.

If you look at TS, it has quite a good range, is cast instantly, while moving - and has no cooldown : that's a lot, that's too much. If it was more similar to Radial Javelin in terms of movement and/or casting speed, it would, I think, benefit team play (and not hurt Gauss too much). Those tweaks would have tremendous impact at low level, and probably not change anything at high level.

It is odd that a lot of abilities have some sort of cap (be it range, cooldown, or the number of affected enemies), while a few others are seemingly designed without any thought given to it.

Edited by Haleks