The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weapon Recoil Bypasses Screen Shake Setting

Doug7070

I have seen this bug/problem repeated previously, but would like to re-state for the record that having weapon recoil violently/rapidly shake the screen despite disabling screen shake via the accessibility options is a serious problem in some cases.

Specifically, I have recently been playing Titania, and having a grand time, however the hip fire recoil of her exalted pistols with buffed fire rate causes an excessive and very rapid random vibration of the screen view. I am lucky enough to be naturally immune to motion sickness, and generally have a very high tolerance for intense screen effects, however in spite of that this case of screen shake is so aggressive that it causes me legitimate discomfort (primarily headaches) during play. I can only imagine that for those with more sensitivity to these types of effects the results are even more unpleasant, not to mention disconcerting, given that there is supposedly an accessibility option to mitigate just this kind of effect.

Adding an accessibility option that causes recoil to only effect HUD elements and not the screen perspective, or even only the crosshair itself, would be a very welcome and fairly straightforward mechanical solution to this issue. Hell, at this point I'd take an option that simply converted a weapon's recoil directly into greatly reduced accuracy/increased spread, as long as it allows me to enjoy certain weapons and playstyles without courting a migraine.