The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei and Wukong

RichardKam

Nothing?

Whatever is happening with other games is none of Warframe's business, Wukong needed a change so they thankfully did it.

They made a Japanese inspired frame because they wanted to, the game already had some of these aesthetics in it and from what Reb talked about it seems like they always wanted to do a frame like this.

I really don't see why this would be relevant to controversies or sensitive issues regarding other games

• Like 9

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

What does DE mean by these?😆

Pretty sure it means that they know Wukong is Chinese, not Japanese.

Oh, and that they know how to run a good game while openly displaying a respect of other cultures (which you sorta vaguely didn't in your own post 🤣).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Right after Concord, AC Shadow and Ghost of Yotei controversies,

Hold up. You can't just bring these up and not explain what any of these have to do with Warframe.

Because, I just have to wonder, why are they being lumped in together? I know AC Shadow and Ghost of Yotei are based in historical Japan; but where does exactly Concord fit into this?

Unless you... no, there's no way you genuinely believe that there's some sort of legitimacy behind the notion that people freaking out over women and people of color protagonists and playable characters, right?

And again, what does this have to do with Warframe?!?

2 hours ago, RichardKam said:

1. Annouce a very Japanese and aesthetically beautiful Koumei

2. Immediately nerf Wukong

3. Leave without elaboration

Is this some sort of China vs Japan narrative you're trying to spin here? Because let me tell ya, the only string spinning I care about are the ones Koumei is pulling as she does cool stuff. So frankly, I could care less about this narrative since it seems completely nonsensical and controversy baiting.

Also, DE did in fact elaborate with the Wukong nerfs.

I know that you're just asking questions; but somehow you've only made me ask more questions than necessary if you elaborated even a lil' bit yourself.

Edited by Xycelium
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

I don't personally use Celestial Stomp... but how come this only affects Wukong's Version.. does it mean this will also retroactively nerf Rhino's Stomp too?

Rhino's stomp stopped slowing eximus when they released Dante Unbound (along with Breach Surge losing it's ability to blind them) - Celestial Stomp is just being brought into line.

9 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Let me get this straight. Right after Concord, AC Shadow and Ghost of Yotei controversies,

Isn't that bananas 

Reading the OP I have an extremely hard time seeing the line of thought and connections between things mentioned and the 3 points.

Like, is there some hidden rule that if you create something with a japanese theme you arent allowed to nerf or change something with a chinese theme in the same patch?

I'm gonna be extra controversial here. Japanese soy > Chinese soy.

12 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Let me get this straight. Right after Concord, AC Shadow and Ghost of Yotei controversies,

What's so controversial about Ghost of Yotie? Unless you're talking about the people being upset about the *checks notes* female protagonist. If that's what you consider a controversy then that sounds like a you problem.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, C11H22O1 said:

Nothing?

Whatever is happening with other games is none of Warframe's business, Wukong needed a change so they thankfully did it.

They made a Japanese inspired frame because they wanted to, the game already had some of these aesthetics in it and from what Reb talked about it seems like they always wanted to do a frame like this.

I really don't see why this would be relevant to controversies or sensitive issues regarding other games

When someone is following other than reality, they come up with all kinds of conspiracies 

• Like 4